All reviewsinfinity poolshuttle bussea viewbay of naplessant agatalovely hotelgala dinnerfresh orange juicepool attendantamazing viewshalf boardmount vesuviusrestaurant staffpublic transportreception staffevening meala wonderful holiday
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks in July and thought the hotel was always very clean and the staff always there to help with any questions. Our room seemed smaller than everyone elses but had a massive balcony with part sea view which was nice to sit out on in the morning. We was going to pay the €15 per night n have a sea view but when the lady on reception said we had part sea view anyway we thought we wouldnt bother. The views are amazing from the bar/resturant. St Agata is about 5 min walk away and has a few good coffee shops/bars/supermarkets there. Bar central is nice to sit in and watch all the men gather chatting away whilst having there coffees. We had a lovely pizza at Buenos Aires, doesn't look much from the outside as has plastic chairs but the owner is very friendly. The meals at the hotel were ok I'm very fussy though and found a
few times I had to eat something I didn't fancy, the puddings were always lovely though and the
lovely guy that brings them round always has a smile on his face bless him. We ate out a few
times in Sorrento just for a change. Breakfasts was always plenty to choose from too and the
chocolate Croissants were very nice. There was happy hour between 6-8 which was buy 1 get one free.
The pool at the weekend got very busy and the Italians just seemed to pop there sun beds
anywhere even in the walkway to the pool. I agree with other comments it could do with updating
but I believe they have plans to do this in the winter ( if I read correctly). I thought that maybe the pool attendant at quiet times could maybe come round and ask if people wants drinks as I think they would make a bit of profit from this instead of waiting for them to come to him, he's a lovely lad though and I'm sure he would be willing to do this. He always kept the pool clean and always helped with extra sun beds/parasols if needed. Only downfall I would say would be the beds in the rooms are not very comfortable and quiet hard, I suffer from a back was I was very stiff after
the 2 weeks(even my partner was had so if you suffer like I do make sure you got some tablets with you. Only other thing would be it would be nice to maybe have an English speaking movie channel on the tv, after being out in the sun/on a trip it's nice to chill for a couple of hours whilst having a shower before going back out for dinner. The only channels they had was BBC world news which just talked about Israel n Egypt and a stock exchange American channel, we even resorted to watching foreign channels just to watch something slightly normal. We did a trip with Thomson which was far better than our expectations, we did the boat trip to Amalfi and Positano. We was told the buses/trains get very busy and thought we would get to sea a better view of them by boat and believe me you did. Thinking it would just be a fishing boat we was wrong it was a lovely boat with cream leather n wood, they only take max 12 people so was not busy and you get a chance to top up your tan whilst sailing away taking in all the views. We had about 2 hours in each town, Positano was our favourite. The trip was €90 pp but well worth being on a boat for a day with food and unlimited drinks and pretending you have won the lottery for the day. We also did Capri day and night which was also brilliant, you arrive about 4ish in Capri then have a boat trip of the island, this is good as gets very busy in the day and is slightly quieter by the time you get there. You have a choice of exploring on your own or having a guided tour. We sailed back at about 1030 when you see both Capri and Sorrento by night which is wonderful and quiet Romantic. We loved Sorrento and looking forward to coming back sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martins555
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff available to help you with any questions throughout your stay as every single member of the staff does his best to satisfy each and every guest. Your words are a big motivation for all of them.
I am delighted to hear that you found a vast variety of food on our breakfast buffet; there is no better way to begin the day than with a great hearty breakfast.
It gives me great pleasure to read that you found the hotel always very clean and that you enjoyed the view from the bar and restaurant.
About the swimming pool, we are waiting for permits allowing us to build a new pool on the sea side, as we recognize that the one we have does not meet the same quality standards as of our hotel. We hope to be able to build a new pool this coming winter.
Thank you for expressing your opinion about our beds and the choice of tv channel. I am always grateful for all feedback as it is a chance for us to monitor and improve our standards for future guests.
We hope to welcome you for your next visit of the Sorrento coast.
Best Regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is our second time staying at the grand hotel due golfi and it has once again been a lovely experience. Very friendly staff, lovely food, perfect location. We prefer sant agata to sorrento - it's more authentic and there are less tourists but still very easy to get to all the places you may want to visit. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The pool is small but fine, nice gardens and a stunning view of the bay around the front of the hotel. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank robinbob
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I am pleased that you chose to join us again as you found us to be in the perfect location.
We pride ourselves in always using fresh ingredients and I am glad you love our food.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly staff, I will share your review with all the team here.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our time at the hotel has been excellent. The food has been great and the views over the Bay of Naples Bay are truly breathtaking. Make sure you book a sea view room they are well worth the extra cost!

The staff and facilities at the hotel have been 1st class. We stayed half board and the staff are very friendly and informative, adding to a great holiday experience!

There is a free shuttle bus that runs to and from Sorrento, plus a Sita local bus service nearby, taking you directly along the Amalfi Coast!

I would recommend this hotel to any of our family and friends!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank worldseeers
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments on The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I’m delighted to read that you had a great holiday experience enjoying our food and our services.
The goal of the hotel’s staff, the ones on the front line and the staff that’s behind the scene, is to meet all of our guests expectations and to know that you will recommend this hotel to all of your family and friends is just fantastic!
We hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found that the hotel lived up to and exceeded our expectations with superb views over the Bay of Naples.
The staff were very helpful and made us feel very welcome.
The hotel was very clean and the food was excellent, with plenty of variety.
Would love to go back again and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to friends.
Sue and Keith
Kent UK

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to have a view over the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith G
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
I was delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi. I was very happy that we exceeded your expectations and that you liked the service you received. I have passed on your kind words to all the staff.
Thank you for strongly recommend our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Been there last june with my husband . The place is perfect for someone travelling by car although there are shuttles in convenient hours .
The hotel is a bit hard to find at first when you come from Naples . Would suggest a clearer sign for the hotel .
We took a sea view room and of course everything is perfect with such view ...
The room is spacious and spotless
Couldn't be cleaner . The bathroom was beautiful . The room is lacking a touch that will make it special like even a picture on the wall . The room it self didn't feel like a 4 star hotel . At breakfast was a choice of cakes and fresh orange juice . The coffee was quite awful and except that, the breakfast is good . The area is very nice . Quite a walk to the very small center .
Sorrento is about 15 minutes drive .
We took the tour to capri through the hotel . It was very comfortable and a great trip . Would suggest the beach in positano if you consider a day off and feel a real "not doing anything" but just relax on the beach . Have a terrific trip and it is a very nice place to stay especially when the prices are high in the center of sorrento .

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank 5fingersisrael

Dear Madame,
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
As you said the view is spectacular, but I am happy you appreciated also the cleanness of our rooms.
We will do our best to serve a better coffee at breakfast as we do recognize that this is the most important meal of the day for our guests and I am pleased you enjoyed the wide choice of cakes as the fresh orange juice we offer.
We hope to welcome you and your husband back to the hotel in the near future.
Yours sincerely,