I recently stayed at Oasi Olimpia to attend the cooking classes, but arrived early to rest and just enjoy the hotel.
It is truly an oasis in the midst of a populated area 25 minutes from Sorrento. Once the summer estate of a wealthy German aristocrat, it has been refurbished and is a truly special place. The grounds are extensive with olive and lemon trees, lots of roses and other flowering bushes, a swimming pool and tennis court. Many little sitting areas are scattered around the grounds where you can enjoy the view or just sit and read. Perched high on a hill, you look down on the Bay of Naples on one side and the Bay of Salerno on the other.
My room was unusually large, beautifully furnished, had a big closet and a very comfortable king-size bed. There were long windows with tiny balconies, so you could step out and enjoy the view and the nice breeze. The bathroom in my room was small but adequate and everything was exceptionally clean.
Chef and Manager Carmen has made the dining famous and you can expect to have dishes typical of the area with an emphasis on fresh fish and pasta. The breakfast buffet is bountiful and is usually included in the room price. Although it was the middle of October, it was still warm enough to enjoy lunch outside under the pergola.
Carmen is a walking encyclopedia about the area and will gladly assist you with making plans for transportation, sightseeing, shopping or eating in the greater Sorrento area. She has many connections that will result in special service for you. It is a short walk down to the little town and you can take the bus from there to Sorrento where you can transfer to buses, trains or ferries to go to Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast, Mt Vesuvius or Capri. Drive if you dare on these hilly roads (and many tourists do) but it is scary and requires a cool head to navigate the tight turns and narrow roads.
The cooking classes are fun and worthwhile. There are many ways to arrange these and can be accessed through booking agencies or directly with the hotel.
I was very happy at Oasi Olimpia and was sorry to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasi Olimpia Relais is an old villa of 1892 from whose restoration we obtain 12 luxury rooms. The philosophy of this relais is exclusivity, intimate atmosphere, elegance in simplicity and maximum attention to hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasi Olimpia Relais Hotel
- Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais Italy/Province Of Naples