Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I just returned from our cooking vacation at the Hotel Oasi Olimpia and it was absolutely fabulous. The hotel is charming and beautifully located in the mountains, with gorgeous views. Our rooms were very comfortable (we were in the Sorrento suite, our children in room 222) and the staff could not have been more welcoming and attentive. They all are warm, friendly and very professional. My husband, myself and our 2 children ages 15 and 24, all took the 6 day cooking course with Carmen. What an extraordinary experience. Carmen is an incredible chef and teacher with a passion for cooking and a personality to match. We made delicious dishes in an incredible kitchen from start to finish while singing and dancing to music. We then dined alfresco on their beautiful patio, and were served like royalty. Over the 6 days they arranged for some excursions (included in the price) to Capri, the Amalfi coast and some local attractions as well. We were with a few other people also doing the cooking courses and made wonderful new friends very quickly. My family has done considerable travel over the years and I have to say this was one of the best vacations we have taken.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie L

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were invited to the Oasi for a wedding and the location was perfect. Tucked away in the hills but close enough to Sorrento if you fancy some nightlife. The rooms were lovely, airy and beautifully decorated with much needed a/c and Carmen and the rest of the staff were helpful and couldn't do more for you. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and we chose to stay at Oasi Olimpia. We were there for 11 nights. It was a true "oasis". We were very pleased from the moment we arrived. There is plenty of parking. The hotel is situated at the top of a hill and overlooks the bay. The views are beautiful. It is in a perfect location and is only a short car ride to both Sorrento and Possitano. The setting is extremely peaceful, tranquil, and romantic.. The breakfast buffet included freshly prepared foods and baked goods that were delicious. You were immediately greated by staff who offered a morning beverage. The pool was clean and a decent size. It was not crowded. As a matter of fact, there were only a few people at the pool which was very relaxing. The staff were constantly checking in to see if everything was ok and if we needed a drink or anything. The rooms were very spacious, comfortable and clean. The furniture was nice as well. The room opened to a balcony where you had your own table and chairs to relax on that overlooked the magnificent gardens and grounds. Dinner was served nightly and you had a choice to sit in the main dining room or out on the veranda. The linens, dishes, glasses, etc. were of fine quality. Overall our stay there was a 10. We wouldn't have changed a thing. The entire staff was very professional and our experience was top knotch. The fact that they also spoke English was a definate plus! We highly recommend this hotel without ant reservation!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and were made extremely welcome by the charming staff. We had been upgraded to the Positano suite which was big and airy with a sunny veranda, the bed was incredibly comfy. The cleaning was always to a
Very high standard. The staff were able to arrange us a private boat cruise across to the island of Capri, recommended. There is a pool set in immaculate gardens which felt very exclusive as we had it to ourselves. The staff are fantastic and all went the extra mile to make us feel at home. Mia the owner's neopolitan mastiff is a gentle giant! The restaurant is to a very high standard but the menu did feel a bit limited by the time we had our second dinner there. The wine list is great. The views from the roof veranda are amazing, a great place to have a glass of wine. The only downside to the place was that it is a long way from the beach but the pool makes up for this. Overall a charming and highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I found this hotel via my wedding planner. The manager Carmen made my wedding reception dream come true and cooked a wonderful wedding feast. I wanted a reasonably priced meal with great views and a relaxed environment. The Oasi was perfect. The location is in the hills of Sorrento with a great view of the bay. The hotel has lovely grounds and is incredibly peaceful.

I first visited the hotel in February when I visited to check that I was happy with both my wedding venue (Positano town hall) and reception venue. The hotel provided me with a courtesy suite for the night, which was spacious, comfortable and elegant. Unfortunately I arrived feeling very car sick after the drive back from Positano so could not try the sample menu that night but was restored by a delicious home made Minestrone soup made by Carmen. The next day after a great continental breakfast including fresh bread and cakes, I tried a sample menu for the wedding and some wine. The three courses I tried were fantastic so reception booked.
Despite arriving late to the reception due to transport delays, dinner started promptly. The anti-pasti went down a storm, the pasta course was great and the piece de resistance the whole roast pig was sublime. I enjoyed a delicious fish course as a non-meat eater. Dessert was the local lemon cake. The three wines chosen at tasting 3 days prior to the wedding were perfectly matched to the food by Christian. Everyone had a great evening and raved about the food. I have so many wonderful memories of the day that we are returning to Sorrento for our wedding anniversary in June.

The staff were very accommodating and sourced some beer for the non wine drinkers. Nothing was too much trouble and I was very happy with the wedding decor. The roses were gorgeous. .Despite the hotel being full at the time of the wedding, it felt like we had the place to ourselves.I would throughly recommend this gem of a hotel for a stay and also as a wedding reception.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My cooking experience with Carmen, la Cucina del Gusto, was beyond my expectations of what a cooking vacations is all about. The Oasi Olimpia, site of class was so beautiful, views breathtaking. Accommodations outstanding!!! Carmen was a great chef and teacher, the things I learned from her will be used often. She and Giovanni made this the best vacation I have ever had and will long remember.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We would like to thank Carmen and her Staff who made oue holiday a perfect and wonderful Than

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Due Golfi
#1 of 12 in Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Hermitage & Villa Romita
Grand Hotel Hermitage & Villa Ro...
#3 of 12 in Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
2 mi away
Residence Gocce di Capri
Residence Gocce di Capri
#10 of 47 in Massa Lubrense

Been to Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais? Share your experiences!