“Incredible food!!!”

Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Agropoli
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The real home of the Mediterranean diet. Our Cilentan kitchen is closely linked to the Mediterranean diet, a typical nutritional model of the ancient Cilento. The first to notice the benefits of a diet based on the products of the Cilento, and also on his way of life, it was the American Dr. Ancel Keys, who reported in his book "Eat well and stay well, the Mediterranean way" the reasons why these foods, and the way of living, they might makes more long-lived the humans. The main characteristic of the Cilentan cooking is quick, simple and full of passion for tradition. The fresh and selected ingredients, such as fish, vegetables, herbs, grains, olive oil, cheese, wine and fruit together with the famous buffalo mozzarella in the land of Paestum, are, braids, the secret ingredients of the Mediterranean diet. The fresh fish that arrives daily in our kitchens, tuna, anchovies, sardines, amberjack, snapper, bream, gurnard fish, redfish, shrimp, cuttlefish, octopus rock, which is abundant in our seas, is the main product of our dishes.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As we stayed in the B&B "Vecchio Saracino" we thought it would be a good idea to go to the restaurant as well.
Except the wonderful service, the food was exceptional, and the wine, made by France, was so tasty, we ordered some more the next day to have in our room.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice ambiance, more elegant than the average restaurant in this area, with very polite and welcoming service. Perfect place for a birthday celebration or a special occasion.

Everything we ordered was tasty, fresh and well presented. The home made bread with crunchy crust is great! Do not miss their fresh tuna starter, served with cherry tomatoes, rocket salad and olive oil: it is simple but so delicious. Their pulpo starter with mash is lovely. I was not impressed by the paccheri with pulpo, black olives and pumpkin, but that may just be personal taste.

The service, although extremely polite and friendly, became extremely slow towards the end of the evening. The place was full, yes, but there's quite a few people working there so they should figure out how to keep things going. We had to ask three times for an extra bottle of water, and it finally came after 40 minutes. When it's warm and people are thirsty, not very nice. Also it took a long time to get the bill. Not a reason for me not to recommend this place, of course, but just to make others aware that those otherwise lovely waiters do need a nudge on some occasions!

1  Thank MrsPerfectBerlin
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a family birthday dinner for my husband at this wonderful restaurant. The food was excellent. The restaurant even made a homemade birthday cake. My husband and I were in Agropoli on vacation from America. Franco was very quick to respond to my emails as I was planning the dinner prior to our trip. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family and I recently visited Italy. Our trip began with a visit to Agropoli where my father's family originated. We then went on a 10 day tour of the major Italian cities. The best food that we had on the entire trip was at Vecchio Saracino restaurant in Agropoli. Franco and Giovanna are eloquent hosts, and words cannot describe the incredible food. During our stay, we had breakfast which included house made jams--absolutely delicious! We had a casual dinner one night consisting of greens and beans, Italian meats and the best Buffalo Mozarella that I ever tasted. Another meal consisted of pasta with mussels. i think this may have been the best seafood pasta that I ever ate; fresh mussels in a light tomato sauce served over pasta and sword fish cooked with a tomato, caper sauce-incredible. And finally, our last night, we had pizza and appetizers. The pizza was wonderful; we tried two kinds. The appetizers were cod prepared with olive oil and oregano--it reminded me so much of the way my mother made it. The other appetizer was smoked salmon with balsamic dressing and rocket--very, very good. All of this was served with a house red wine that was also delicious. Finally, the desert was sliced strawberries in a light, sweet glaze. The restaurant itself is beautiful--it appears to be recently updated; however, there is still a well in the center of the restaurant. The well is a very beautiful, natural decor. The restaurant is very clean, and has a very welcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at the B&B for 5 nights and ate at the restaurant for 2 nights. With confidence I can say that this is the best restaurant in Agropoli! Locals love it too! Wonderful and some of the best local wines for great prices and they use locally produced products for their dishes. We saw the owner come back from the fish market with clams personally! the food was excellent, good sized portions and the service was great. There was no English menu available but the waiter translated everything for us and even if he didn't, you can't go wrong with whatever you choose here. The owner and waiter came and asked regularly if everything was fine even when the restaurant was packed! This place is not to be missed when you're in or near Agropoli!