“Fancy Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

The service and staff were a 13/10. The attention to detail was exemplary. They noticed my brother was left handed and provided for him accordingly. The reason we did not give this top 50 restaurant 5 stars is because some of the dishes were subject to “trying too hard” syndrome. They emphasized form over taste. The infusions and the onion reduction with parmesan buttons were very good but then they fell short on the “ash potato” and the smoked beef tenderloin. For 300 euro per person, the food was OK, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was airy and beautiful (although a bit too modern for our tastes). Lastly, it was a terrible experience in trying to find the restaurant. Tip: Go through town and don’t venture down dirt roads!

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (589)

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a reservation at this restaurant for lunch, to celebrate our first anniversary. He has been eating in Michelin Star awarded restaurants for a long time now, so he wanted to make me a beautiful surprise and I was pretty excited. We had several dinners at ONE Michelin Star restaurants and I can say I discovered a whole new world of taste, colors and shapes in ingredients that we all use to cook. So I got my expectations really high because I’ve read that there is a big difference between one and three stars. Anyway. We ordered “Ideale” tasting menù, €210 for person including 11 dishes. Again, I was expecting explosion of creativity, intense and precise taste, a lot of preparation behind every ingredient, an amazing experience. SADLY, food happened. Soulless food. No color, I can only remember BITTER taste, it seemed that something was missing in every dish. I felt very sad during lunch. I felt sad because my love wanted me to have the best meal of my life but the opposite happened. I’m not a connoisseur but before this disaster I had the privilege to taste dishes that took my senses to another level and I’m not exaggerating. This type of cuisine has to be amazing. It has to live the customer happy. If not, what’s the point? Spending time and money on something that doesn’t leave you with anything ?
Sadly, I won’t recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: March 2019
3  Thank AlinaVasiliu
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

It’s more than we expect, perfect foods, perfect services and very warm welcome by Chief Niko Romito. It’s recommended for culinary lovers, who love to discover the perfect Italian foods and restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Everything was perfect
Location hard to find but it is amazing. The dining room is wonderfull, very few tables, lot of space
The service is very friendly, we took the 11 courses, the flow was perfect with the right time between the dishes
Food is amazing, very humble as the chef

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 26, 2018

Decided to stay overnight on road trip to Puglia. Last time was great and this time equally as good. There are two tasting menus plus a la carte. We had the 10 course tasting menu with matching wine - all beautifully cooked and presented. Chef Nico does not rely on garnish - the food is allowed to star. Eg. my piece of pork belly was perfectly presented on its own - no sauce no garnish and was delicious!
The rooms are very comfortable, breakfast delicious so all round a great stopover.

Date of visit: October 2018