“Hotel OK, nice staff, food poor”
Review of Castle Arch Hotel

Castle Arch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed on a Living Social deal. Hotel is quite nice, staff very friendly and helpful, except for one barman. Thought he had an issue with me, but my partner pointed out he was rude with most people. Restaurant seems to be part of the bar and had a TV on the wall which was tuned to Sky Sports, in a restaurant!? Asked waitress would she mind turning it off, which she did.
Food very poor, caesar salad with shredded lettuce and grated cheddar, mayonnaise dressing?
Spring roll awful...
Rooms nice and spacious..
We were warned that there was a nightclub on late, but assured that we would be far away from it, never heard a sound

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear paulcDublin

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am very surprised by some of the comments in your review, The hotel does advertise that we don’t have a formal restaurant instead we favor a more casual bistro style setting for our guests in which people can relax and watch TV if they wish. I constantly receive compliments on the friendliness of my staff and indeed our Food. We have sold hundreds of Vouchers with various different websites and we have never received complaints about the food, Our Caesar Salad is prepared fresh in the traditional way using crispy cos lettuce, bacon pieces, herb croutons topped with parmesan cheese and house dressing, I apologise this was not to your taste. I am glad that you enjoyed your main course and the bedroom facilities.

Should you wish to return to the Castle Arch Hotel I would be delighted to assist with your reservation.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Our bathroom was filthy,covered in dust.i have posted a picture showing this.very noisy and hardly slept.the decor was just awful, very old fashioned, room was dull and depressing- please avoid avoid avoid

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Callan40
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
All of our Bedrooms have recently been renovated so I am surprised by your comments that the décor was “Awful, Dull & Depressing”.
I have looked back on your reservation and I was disappointed to learn you didn’t speak to a manager on check out to express your dissatisfaction with your Room. I have however investigated the matter with the housekeeping department.

Should you wish to return to the Castle Arch Hotel we would be more than happy to assist you in your reservation.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here on the 28/02/14 and the 1/03/14,i found the staff very friendly and helpful.The food was (breakfast twice and evening meal)really nice and the service was excellent.
The rooms are lovely and spacious and comfortable with free wifi (excellent speed).
All in all I couldn't find any fault with our stay, the hotel retains an old fashioned charm which you can't find in your typical modern day 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Liverdub

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
It was our pleasure to look after you.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the no too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at Castle Arch Hotel for one night, attending a wedding. I cannot fault anything about this hotel - staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Very good value, food was outstanding both the canopies, the wedding meal, and the following morning's breakfast was made to order - so it was cooked fresh for each person. They even had Barry's tea in the bedrooms - the best you can get.
Thanks - fantastic. Liam & Christine Payne

Room Tip: Dont take a room over the night club at weekend (they had already moved us to a room away from it pr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Christine B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time at the wedding.
I will pass your kind comments to my team.
We aim to ensure our guests feel as welcome as possible and we believe its the small things that make a difference.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We got engaged on 25/12/12 and we went around alot of hotels to find the right hotel for us. The minute we walked into the Castlearch Hotel we knew this was the hotel for us. From the very beginning (in jan '13 when we booked the hotel!) the management and staff were excellent. Planning a wedding is not easy, especially when your planning it in 11 months but the management and staff at the hotel were always there to answer all my questions very promptly and anything I asked to be done was never a problem. From the beginning their main priority was making sure we were happy. The food is out of this world. We would go over regularly to have dinner and each time the food is delicious. The bridal suite was very romantic with its 4 poster bed. All in all if I was doing it over again, my first port of call would be the Castlearch Hotel, I wouldn't even look at another hotel. They made our Christmas wedding more magical than I could ever have expected. Mr. & Mrs. Byrne

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear AnnByrne121213

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad we were able to look after you and your guests on your special Day.
It was a pleasure to work with such a wonderful couple.
I will pass on your kind words to the Team.
Wishing you many years of happiness together and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed earlier this month staff were very helpful and friendly Our room was very comfortable with good bed linen No WiFi but Ethernet available We had a bar snack for lunch which was good BUT the BREAKAST was awful very little choice and cooked food look and tasted like it had been sitting for quite a while We were back in this area but did not return to the Castle Arch Hotel

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Sharen G

Thank you for your review.
I will make sure the staff receive your kind compliments.
All of our Rooms currently have WiFi and Ethernet free of charge for all hotel guests.
In regards to our comments regarding your breakfast all food is cooked to order to ensure freshness and we also have a number of options available from Cooked to continental breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the Future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went for the weekend to the Castle Arch Hotel, when we got there the hotel had up graded us to the Bridal suite. The staff was amazing and the food was outstanding. Really enjoyed the whole weekend very relaxing

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thebiglist

Dear Thebiglist

Thank you for your review.
I am glad that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed your upgrade.
It was our pleasure to look after you both.

We hope to see you again soon.

Shirley Brady

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan
16 mi away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Castle Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!