The hotel itself was extremely beautiful. Upon arrival we were greeted not with pleasantries as expected but a drone mouthful of instructions with no smile or personality. The room was beautiful that we originally had. However there was a function on that night also and we were right above the function room. We live in a city centre apartment so we are used to some noise, but this was beyond that. We phoned at 1am to ask when the music would be over, and were informed 3am before the receptionist hung up, then I had to phone back myself to ask to be moved. We were moved to a room with two single beds that had not been properly cleaned.
Next day we were moved to our third room. When i went to take a shower, there were very questionable marks on the shower curtain that made me extremely uncomfortable and queasy. Apart from that the room was much the same as the first and quite pretty. That evening we went for a meal which was inclusive to the deal that we had booked. Service and quality of food left a lot to be expected. The waiter could not understand my accent despite the fact he was Irish and I was Irish which resulted in me receiving the wrong starter, We waited for a very long time for the nexrt course, which when it did come was not cooked as to requested and did not come with side order that we had ordered (which incidently they did not forget to charge for). We then had a drink in a very nice bar and retired to our room, at around 12 to hear yet more music coming from another function room that was now below us. We ordered breakfast in bed and instead of what we ordered, we both received a random mixture. After two nights lack of sleep it does benefit you to keep your wits about you on check out, as they tried to charge me for the meal that was inclusive, including the side order that did not arrive. On third attempt, I gave up after getting meal cleared from bill, but was still overcharged in comparison to what had been told at booking.
I have worked in the travel industry and I have travelled extensively with my partner, this was a birthday treat to me, and we chose the hotel as we believed that we would be provided with a luxurious, excellent standard. I was extremely disappointed to find that this was not the case. We were offered no compensatory room on the first night, I had to telephone myself to organise that, or else it would have never materialised, as the receptionist could not care less whether i could get to sleep or not, nor did we receive any form of apology on any of the occasions, even a smile would have sufficed at greeting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the historic Boyne Valley, Knightsbrook Hotel Spa and Golf Resort welcomes you to sample our beautiful 4 star luxury accommodation. The Knightsbrook is one of Ireland's most prestigious and exciting life style developments, promising a combination of luxury and modern sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knightsbrook Hotel And Golf Resort
- Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Trim
- Knightsbrook Hotel Trim