“Spa needs updated and management in spa unfriendly and abrupt”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
London, United Kingdom
“Spa needs updated and management in spa unfriendly and abrupt”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Room was nice and clean. Pleasant experience.
Meal was nice and the very staff pleasant & seemed to care about you enjoying the meal. They asked if the meal was nice at the end.
Pool and sauna etc good found the Manager of the spa rude, demanding & intimidating definitely not go back there but rest of hotel nice. Spa manager was not interested in the clients being happy it was all about money and deceiving the client. Do not go to spa!! Rest nice though!

• Stayed May 2014
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Christy36

Thank you for your review following your stay with us at Knightsbrook Hotel, I am sorry that you were disappointed with the River Spa. Perhaps you can contact our Spa Manager directly annmarie@knightsbrook.com and she would be delighted to discuss the details with you personally.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
dublin
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

lovely rooms really clean and spacious, pool lovely kids loved it apart fron that nothing else for kids the food was awful all grownups had steak (with 7 euro supplent) very greasy and fatty the breakfast was fine although I thought our waitress was very rude to my sister and her 6 year old daughter about the charge for over 5 yr old we hadnt even been seated and money is not a problem my husband had been paid for but couldn't make it due to work commitments so o suggested the child have his breakfast the waitress didn't look to pleased wen I suggested this we got our midweek break on Groupon for140 which is for nothing four seperate bookings it just seems like a very money orantated hotel. we were asked to keep our children quite they where playing on lobby after lunch the manager suggested we empty out one of the bars and let them run around behind closed doors I found him to be rude as there where no other guests in the lobby at this time we asked him to open up arts n crafts room to which he replied that was only for summer season! very bad for kids nothing else on offer only pool

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank geaniehoney
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear geaniehoney

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We do have Kids Club and Movie Time for children but this is available during the School Holidays - Easter, July & August & Halloween.

If you would to contact our Restaurant Manager regarding the food & service in Rococo, please email kevinli@knightsbrook.com and he would be happy to discuss this with you directly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We did not get a wink of sleep either night that we stayed - so noisy and loud, paper thin walls. It was THEE WORST hotel experience EVER!!! It was our first two nights staying in Ireland on our first visit ever to Ireland. We were so incredibly disappointed. Additionally, the food was horrible. Do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DonAmy B
Dear DonAMyB

Thank you for posting your review and my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Perhaps on your next visit to Trim you would contact me directly and I would be delighted to organise a quiet room for you - I look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook Hotel

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

From the moment ,I stepped into the lobby in knightsbrook hotel two years ago I was instantly impressed. We decided to book our wedding at knightsbrook as we felt it had so much to offer. Sinead col lonergan the wedding planner definitely sold the hotel to me with her knowledge of every aspect of wedding planning that you could think off .sinead was always available if you needed advice or anything regarding the planning and preparation of our wedding. I cannot thank her enough for making our day so special ! Her attention to detail was second to none from adding little bits to be homemade sweet table to make it look nicer!!everybody that attended our wedding commented one particular thing the staff- they were just amazing from young stephen who brought our luggage up to our rooms, Aine Sheridan who was just amazing, Caroline was absolutely fantastic -she ensured everyone was ok throughout the whole night as did Patrick the general manager!! The food was also excellent , all our guests commented on how tender the roast sirloin of beef was. The service at our meal was excellent and everyone loved the Michael buble main course surprise !!! The hotel and grounds are immaculate and ideal for wedding photos!!

Finally I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff at knightsbrook hotel and golf resort for an amazing wedding day,you all made it perfect for willie and I !!we had a day we will never forget thanks to you all.

Kind regards

Jennifer & William Hutchinson

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jenny206
Dear Jenny206

Congratulations once again Mr & Mrs Hutchinson and thank you for taking the time to share your Knightsbrook Wedding Experience! I am delighted that you chose us to share your special day and very proud that the team played a large part in making this a memorable occasion.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back to Knightsbrook Hotel for many years to come and look forward to seeing you both soon. Wishing you every happiness in your future together,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The hotel on arrival was beautiful greeted by friendly staff. We got a stunning room overlooking the golf course and our room was very spacious and immaculate. There was a choice of two bars and food served in both were to high standard. Food in this hotel is on the pricey side comparing to alot of other hotels I have stayed in. Pool facilites are up to a very good standard and changing rooms are very well kept and monitored to maintain this standard. Restaurant staff were very good at night time but for breakfast we were served by the same waitress for two out of the three mornings and felt very rushed as she was whipping stuff off our table without acknowledging us or asking us if we were finished, to hurry us up to reset for next sitting not one word was spoken to us by waitress other than tea or coffee and even took my chair from my table to accomadate another family when I was getting my breakfast. We did get served by a waiter called Gerry the last morning and he was very friendly and professional at his job and had a lovely manner. This Hotel was a great hub for all surrounding tourist attractions especially Tayto Park for the kids.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karen L

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of Knightsbrook Hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer. I will speak with our Restaurant Team regarding the issues you have made here - my apologies that you felt rushed through your breakfast.

I hope that I would have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay at Knightsbrook Hotel in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed for one night with our kids over Easter. The hotel was extremely busy, but we found the staff to be great despite this. We didn't get to use the pool or facilities on this occasion but found them to be great in our previous visits. Is a very handy place to stay for Tayto Park visits with the kids.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear martinroundabout

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay at Knightsbrook with your family over Easter. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to stay again soon and have the opportunity to avail of all the facilities here.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was disappointed in a recent golfing trip to this hotel. The bedrooms were very nice and very clean. There were weddings on both days we stayed and the lobby was always packed and it was hard to find anywhere to sit in the lobby or the bar. Food in the bar was expensive and poor quality. We didn't really enjoy the food in the restaurant either and staff seemed to be much more interested in guests attending functions than those who were there as individuals.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Peter W
Dear Peter W

Thank you for posting your review of Knightsbrook Hotel. My apologies that you were unhappy with your stay with us and that it was difficult to find seating in the lobby or bar due to these areas being full.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#1 of 4 in Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!