“Excellent hotel and leisure centre”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Belfast
“Excellent hotel and leisure centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Spent two nights at the Knightsbrook and it was the most wonderful experience.
The bedrooms were excellent, as was the food - especially the steaks. Breakfast was delicious, with a variety of hot and cold food, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The leisure centre was large and spotless, the pool is the largest I have seen in a hotel - my only gripe is the charge for hats for the pool, and a charge for towels, even if you are a guest. However you can use the room towels at no charge. There is a lovely bar overlooking the golf course, but it does not seem to be open. The bar that is open, which serves lovely food and drink is very nice but does not feel like a bar and has very little atmosphere. My husband played golf and said it was beautiful, although quite long for mid to high handicappers. Overall we had a wonderful time

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies at the same price
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear 1969Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities we have available throughout the resort.

Hopefully you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
kildare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I would like to thank all Staff and Management in the Knightsbrook Hotel!!!! Booked 2bb1d+golf&spa for my husbands 40th Birthday as a surprise trip. When we arrived -hotel was impressive, reception Audrey was really friendly. Room was just fantastic!!! double Jacuzzi, 3 tvs huge balcony...what a paradise! Lunch in the bar was tasty, kids meals-good choice. Breakfast was really nice on both mornings, staff-Rachael, Shannon and(sorry, forgot name) Restaurant Manager-very good. went for dinner in the restaurant-to die for!!! my husband had THE BEST STEAK EVER!!!! we ve been looked after very well!!!! def will be back!!!! fantastic stay! would not give them a 4 stars. 5 STARS FOR SURE :))) THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR MAKING OUR TIME WITH YOU SO SPECIAL!

Room Tip: you will be happy in any room. rooms are beautifyl
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Suzan35

I was delighted to read your wonderful comments following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel recently. Thank you for sharing your experience - I really appreciate you taking the time to compliment the staff and facilities and hopefully I will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

attended a wedding and stayed overnight in january 2014.everything about the place was perfect,staff were brilliant and local which was a pleasant surprise.the food at the wedding and the breakfast was second to none.other hotels should visit and get a few tips on how to run a proper hotel,its a credit to the owners and the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear teejay008

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of Knightsbrook Hotel and for your wonderful comments regarding the staff, service and Food. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to all the team here at Knightsbrook.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in January. We booked a special offer on the hotel website of 2 nights B&B and 1 evening meal; this included 20% off Spa treatments.

My initial thoughts were that the hotel was extremely busy for a weekend in January but given its location, within 30 minutes of Dublin city and its value (which is very good), is understandable. Like other reviewers, I found the staff to be excellent. Very attentive and polite. I could not fault them.

The food is excellent, both in the Restaurant and in the Lounge/Bar. Compliments to the Chef and management on that one. The dining room is a little large and impersonal for my taste but no other faults there.
The common areas of the hotel are very clean and airy. I felt that the bedroom corridors though were a little musty.
With regard to cleanliness, my complaint with this hotel is that the bedrooms could do with being revamped, especially the carpets and I did not care for the king size bed which was in fact, two beds joined together. This left a ridge in the middle of the bed and if you lay anywhere near it it was uncomfortable.

My one big complaint is that there were clear notices at the Bar that children must vacate it by a certain time, I think it may have been 9 p.m. but there were still children present at midnight. Not one member of staff did anything about this. A bar is not an appropriate place for young children at midnight in my opinion.

I would say that this hotel would appeal more to families as there are activities for children and also for girly weekends because of the Spa. Its also good for golfers as the hotel is on a golf course. If our weekend is anything to go by, its probably a little too busy for older people if they prefer peace and quiet due to the large number of children.

Overall though, I have to say that I would visit this hotel again, especially because of the food quality and general service however the staff need to enforce the no children in bar policy.

Room Tip: Probably better during weekdays.
1 Thank Henry101
Dear Henry101

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay for the most part. I take on board your comments regarding children in the bar - I apologise that this infringed somewhat on your enjoyment of the evening.

I hope that you will return to stay with us again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had an overnight stay on Friday and it was so nice.Our room was lovely it was big bright and spotless.The bar food was gorgeous and the breakfast was piping hot and really fresh.The staff were so helpful and friendly.My daughter had her wedding in this hotel and it was amazing,so I was delighted to return and find it just as lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanmcevoy
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Joanmcevoy

Thank you for posting your review following your stay on Friday night. I am delighted that everything was enjoyable for you.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my family for a weekend away. The hotel is very fancy but strangely located in the middle of a housing estate. They have a good size car park. The interior of the hotel is very fancy , the public areas and bedrooms are of a high standard. The majority of the staff need to be sent on a course on how to deal with customers . They may work in a hotel that caters to well off people but you still be nice to all customers , not just the ones that you think your going to get a good tip off. They make you feel like your bothering them . They also charge for everything, towels , diluted drinks for kids , extra time in your room. A lot of other country hotels that I have stayed in would give these things free complimentary even though your paying less to stay there. This hotel needs to try and get the warm fuzzy comfort feeling back of stating in a hotel and stop treating customers like cattle . They seem to want to get you in and then get you out again as quickly . The pool area is small but well kept. They have a nice library area. The food is to a high standard. But as before the staff can be a bit snooty

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gedIreland
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear gedireland

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. However I feel that your comments are unfair as we have received numerous reviews both here and on our own website complimenting the staff and facilities we have to offer.

I wish you a very peaceful and prosperous new year

County Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

You could not fault this hotel.it was beautiful. Top class.food ,service ,decor, surroundings, staff! All amazing.i would highly recommend this hotel and I promise youl be blown away.our breakfast was gorgeous and our dinner was absolutely mouth watering. The staff are helpful and professional.
I will be staying here in the future.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lyonsy87

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. It was wonderful to read your comments and I will be sure to pass the on to all the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kinds Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#1 of 4 in Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!