“Great New Year's Eve Event”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
County Carlow, Ireland
“Great New Year's Eve Event”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had an overnight stay coupled with the New Year Masked Ball.
While there was a large number at the Ball everything ran smoothly.Food excellent and band/dj entertainment was top drawer.
Staff were very courteous and service most efficient.
Rooms were of good size - very clean and comfortable.
Out party was of four couples and overall comments were most favourable.
Would highly recommend for similar function into the future.

Room Tip: Avoid room over main outside entrance.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Trevor H

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us for the Knightsbrook Hotel New Year's Eve Masquerade Ball. I am delighted you and your guests enjoyed the night. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in 2014.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Throughly enjoyed our stay here and hope to go back again. Staff were friendly rooms lovely and breakfast was lovely, we went to see christy Moore which was well organised. The view from our room was lovely

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Louisekeelin

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Knightsbrook Hotel following your stay with us for the Christy Moore Concert. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and the concert and look forward to welcoming you back again throughout 2014

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked an amazing deal through Groupon to stay here. The value for money was excellent and the hotel was, one if not, the best hotel I have stayed in. All the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and polite. Breakfast was great with endless choices available. The restaurant was one of the highlights, we stayed two nights, and had fabulous food each evening. The room was great, very clean and the bathroom was the same.

Room Tip: Deluxe Double room with balcony on the third floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Nathan B

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your two night stay on the Groupon package which was recently available.

I hope that you will come back to visit us again soon.

Drogheda
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a family wedding, can't fault the food, it was superb. Breakfast was also excellent. Our room was spacious, view was fairly poor, overlooking the car park & directly into other bedrooms. Plenty of families staying there, so it did add to a nice lively atmosphere. Location wise...I'm not really sure where else you could visit out that way, it is a little remote. However for our one night, it was perfectly fine.

• Stayed December 2013
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear SBradyDrogheda

Happy New Year to you and thank you for taking the time to post your review of knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Just back from 2 nights family stay at knightsbrook trim, such a lovely family friendly hotel. Kids hired DVD from reception each night and watched them in the room, while we had our dinner. Came home feeling so relaxed, unfortunately I didn't get to use spa as it was booked out, but def book it in advance next visit.

Room Tip: Would highly recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michelle S

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent two night stay with your family at Knightsbrook Hotel.

Hopefully you will get the opportunity to avail of the Spa facilities on your next trip.

Kind regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager
Meath
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went for tea here with a few other women this morning. I myself had tea and a scone while others had toasted sandwiches, tea, coffee etc.. The scones were delicious and very well presented with icing sugar topping, a little jam pot, butter and cream. The sandwiches looked good too. The service however was lacking in my opinion. Although a couple of the staff were lovely one in particular was very unfriendly. 5 of us shared a pot of tea and when we asked for a refill it came back without a fresh tea bag and was just topped up with water. Also it took ages to bring the scones out - the toasted sandwiches were out about 5 minutes before the scones arrived and they took long enough. In summary: food was good, service was lacking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 12ski

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your visit to Terrace Lounge. I was disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service provided during your visit. Perhaps you would like to contact us directly at the hotel to discuss your experience as this is certainly not the standard of service that we have at Knightsbrook. If you would like to email your contact details to reception@knightsbrook.com, one of our management team from Terrace Lounge can contact you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I booked this hotel with a pigsback.com deal for a Sunday night. The hotel was busy when we arrived at reception. Because we were experiencing a particularly mild spell of weather I requested a room where the windows could open. The girl at reception, and I'm sorry I can't remember her name, spent some time searching for such a room. She eventually told me that she would have a room available with a balcony but it would take about an hour as it wasn't ready.

We sat in reception, prepared for a long wait but she called up over in about 10 mins. to say our room
was ready. When we arrived we got the surprise of our life because we found we have been upgraded to a beautiful room with balcony overlooking the golf course! On one side of the room there was a lovely sitting area with comfortable couch facing large tv and on the other side was a huge king-size bed. The bathroom was well appointed but the only thing that lets the decor down is the plastic curtain over the bath!

We headed down for a swim and enjoyed using the Jacuzzi, steam room & sauna too. That evening we headed to the dining room for dinner and were surprised to find a very large dining-room, very well laid out and beautifully decorated. Our dinner, chosen from a limited menu, was nice but forgettable. My husband choose steak (at a supplement) and this turned out to be quite tough. It was returned and replaced but was not much better so was not eaten. When we went to pay for my wine on the way out we are not charged the supplement for the steak which I thought was a very customer-friendly gesture to make.

Breakfast was gorgeous with all the usual fresh fruit, cereals and hot food the latter of which we do not eat but it looked nice. Following a good read of the papers I decided to participate in the water aerobics which I thoroughly enjoyed and because we had a late check-out I had time to dry my hair, etc.

We very much enjoyed this our second stay in this lovely hotel. I would like to try a Saturday night next time as Sunday night was quiet especially in the bar with not a lot going on and lacking in atmosphere.

Will definitely try and get back again and would recommend it to everybody!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mollieNorthEast
Dear mollieNorthEast

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay at Knightsbrook hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities available in your upgraded room during your stay and the leisure facilities. I am sorry that you didn't totally enjoy your meal in the restaurant however but I am glad that the team looked after you.

We are delighted to be able to offer a limited selection of Friday & Saturday dates this month for the recent pigsback offer - perhaps you would like to contact our Reservations Team to see if these dates would suit you for your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook Hotel again in the near future.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!