My husband's family booked a 4 day stay at one of the Knightsbrook holiday homes which is located within the grounds of the hotel itself. Considering there were 8 adults and 2 children staying together I wasn't too sure if there would be sufficient room in the house for us all. I was worried we would constantly be tripping over one another. How wrong I was! The house was a brilliant size. Each of the bedrooms were massive so there was no problem in sharing the space. A downstairs bathroom and en-suites made sure that we didn't have to queue to use the loo! The kitchen had a washing machine, dishwasher, electric hob and oven as well as a decent sized fridge/freezer etc so it had all the mod cons of home. I also appreciated the fact that they had a hairdryer and ironing board at the house as well. The beauty of the holiday home versus the hotel was the fact that we could use all of the hotel facilities but had complete flexibility in terms of suiting ourselves. I know the free children's club at the hotel from 11am-2pm (including free lunch for the kids) and 6-9pm was a godsend for my brother and sister-in-law as my 8 year old niece was kept busy throughout the stay. My in laws also took full advantage of the discounted rate on the golf and all thought the course was excellent. Obviously, because we had self catering facilities, we mainly ate at the house but we did go for dinner one evening to the hotel bar terrace area and it was lovely. Good selection of food at decent prices. I didn't use the hotel swimming pool but the kids did and loved it. I had a lovely treatment at the spa which was really relaxing and again affordably priced. All in all this resort has everything a family would need, all within the one complex which is ideal. The small town of Trim is a half an hour walk with various sights to check out for example: Trim Castle (although beware of the 3 Euro per person charge to go in!!). We were lucky in securing an excellent special deal of 479 Euro in total for the house for 4 days but I'm not too sure what the "usual" rate is. Because we all brought food and drink down with us, it meant a very affordable and great value short stay holiday for all of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the historic Boyne Valley, Knightsbrook Hotel Spa and Golf Resort welcomes you to sample our beautiful 4 star luxury accommodation. The Knightsbrook is one of Ireland's most prestigious and exciting life style developments, promising a combination of luxury and modern sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knightsbrook Hotel And Golf Resort
- Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Trim
- Knightsbrook Hotel Trim