“Enjoyable Meal.”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Called into Knightsbrook on Thursday 23rd of May with a friend. The place is beautiful, relaxed and friendly. The meal I had was delicious, breast of chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, mash and wild mushroom sauce. The helpings were a little on the small side but overall very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear JimmyGeoffrey

Thank you for review your recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel for dinner. I am delighted you enjoyed your meal and hope that you will return again soon

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had our wedding at the Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort on 21st December 2012. It was fantastic and everything we could have dreamed for and more.. We organised our wedding from Australia and the help we got from the Events Manager Sinead was just brilliant which made organising our wedding from 10,000 miles away much easier. Sinead was on hand to give advice on anything we needed and also recommended our Band & Photographer which were also excellent and made for a memorable day/night. All I had to do was pick up the phone or send her an email or a text and she responded straight away. The Food, bedrooms, bridal suite, service & layout of the function room for our wedding was just stunning and everything ran smoothly. All of our guests were complimenting the hotel and how well everything went. Staff was fantastic. I would highly recommend Knightsbrook as a wedding venue. Marie & Mark

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Marie B

Congratulations once again on your Wedding last year and thank you for taking the time to share your review on Knightsbrook Hotel. I was delighted to read your comments and also to read how wonderful and helpful Sinead was throughout the planning stages of your Wedding and on the day.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future and wish you every happiness in your life together.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We held our wedding reception in knights brook on Friday 26th of April staying both the Friday and Saturday night....one word Fab!!! The service, food, amenities and general atmosphere of the hotel was second to none! Sinead the wedding coordinator and her team was on hand from the moment we booked our reception right through every fine detail of our day and in the days after to ensure everything went as we hoped! Which it certainly did! Her attention to detail and advice, I as a bride won't forget and am very grateful for...
I would also note,Patrick the general manager also met us on our arrival To the hotel that afternoon and continued with his warm reception to all our family and wedding party the entire weekend something you don't often come across... We are delighted we chose knightsbrook for our wedding as the hotel certainly added to the special day that it was. Highly recommended by us the bride and groom and our guests as a first class wedding venue, hotel and trim as a town in general! Thanks to all the staff for a fantastic weekend of great service, food and Craic! We are already planning our next stay!! Sheila and Brian Fearon Co.Armagh

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear 260413

Thank you for taking the time to share your Knightsbrook Experience and congratulations once again on your recent Wedding. I am delighted that we were able to play a part in making your Special Day a memorable occasion for you both and thank you for your kind words and praise!

I hope that you will return to stay at Knightsbrook Hotel in the very near future and that I will once again get the opportunity to personally Welcome you back.

Wishing you both every happiness in your future together,

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got married on the 8th ofMarch in Knightsbrook. We stayed for 3 nights. The night previous and also a BBQ the nigh after. We also had our ceremony in the hotel.
From the moment we first walked into Knightsbrook to book our Wedding the staff were brilliant. A huge Thank you to Sinead whom from the first day we met was a huge help and made our day the dream wedding we wanted. We have 3 kids and there was nothing too much trouble. The food was 10/10 on all three days. The bar food, wedding meal and also the BBQ. I would just like to say Thank you again to all the staff at Knightsbrook..thank you for making our Wedding weekend run smoothly and stressfree ! Really beautiful hotel ,with fantastic staff and food. I would highly recommend this hotel. Louise and Dave

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear LouandDave2013

Congratulations on your recent Wedding and thank you for choosing Knightsbrook Hotel to host your Special Day. I am delighted that our Team looked after you both and your families for this wonderful occasion and to read your compliments on the Hotel and Staff. I am very proud of the Team and will be sure to pass on your comments to them all.

I wish you every happiness in your future together and hope that we will get the opportunity to see you both at Knightsbrook Hotel for many years to come for your Anniversary Celebrations!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding. Beautifull modern spacious hotel. Front of house staff are very friendly and helpfull. The bedroom was fantastic huge in size with a very large bed. very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also the same and well equiped with plenty of towels, shampoo and shower gel. The breakfast the next morning was well needed and consisted of a buffet style with an amazing choice of foods. There was something here to suit everybody. It was fantastic. Would def stay here again with my partner as a holiday. We didnt have time to use the leisure facilities which was a shame as they looked superb.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Kerryandproud

Many thanks for posting your review of your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return soon and get the opportunity to experience all the facilities we have to offer.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have over past 3 years stayed at this Hotel so thought it about time a did a review, large Hotel Golf & Spa. I'm not a golfer so cannot comment on this part. However I have stayed in one of the suites which over look part of the stunning course.
If you want to pamper and enjoy a mid week break try one the Suites OMG, you get a stunning bathroom including plasma TV a spa bath for two and a shower, a seperate living area with TV a huge bed to get lost in with perfect pillows and matress... I suppose the terrace balacony with stunning views and loungers is just an added bonus.
It has a superb Spa with pool and beauty treatments.... the back and shoulder massage is worth ago.
Food superb.... Staff Superb.... Location great for Trim and only about 40 minutes by car from Dublin Airport car hire.

Room Tip: Choose a Suite .....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Richard I

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that the level of service and facilities have been consistent throughout all of your stays with us.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was taken for a surprise weekend for my 30th birthday by my fiancée and met by whole family.
First impression was excellent! The main reception and foyer is beautiful, spotlessly clean and very relaxed. I sat down whilst my fiancée checked in and I looked for flaws in the décor and could not pinpoint a single thing (I have an eye for detail and couldn’t even spot a blown lightbulb)
The room was exceptional and the view was magnificent over looking the golf course. It was very large and airy, clean and well equipped with fruit, chocolate and bottled water on the desk to welcome us. The bathroom was large, with good powerful shower and a large selection of shampoo’s etc were on display.
The bed was big and comfortable whilst the room temperature was consistent and comfortably warm.
We chose to dine on the first evening in the bar which was relaxed and comfortable. The food was excellent, cooked and seasoned perfectly and presented very well.
The next morning we had breakfast which was served up until 11am which was late in comparison to other hotels but is a huge plus point as far as I am concerned. The food again like the night before was excellent- no rubbery eggs or cold sausages! Everything was cooked fresh, was hot and there was a great choice too. Cereals, fruit, croissants, cooked foods and yogurts- a fantastic selection.
After breakfast we ventured into the pool for a swim. The receptionist at the health club desk was very polite and friendly. The changing rooms were clean, fresh and well equipped. The pool was again spotless, and a good size with Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. All of which worked (I have stayed in hotels where they didn’t!) and it really made the morning very relaxed and enjoyable.
In the afternoon I visited the bar and had a few drinks with my brothers. The bar staff were very friendly and attentive even though there was a wedding and they looked quite busy they made sure to serve us quickly.
In the evening we dined in the restaurant. The menu was fantastic and the quality of food was exceptional. The waiter who served our table (Andrew) was very polite and attended to our every need- even bringing a cake out to embarrass me!
My only negative was that the hotel corridor was very loud during both nights. Unfortunately our room was located next to a fire door which banged loudly during the night with people returning from the bar in the small hours. Although sound proofing was good from neighbouring rooms I felt the corridor was very loud as we could distinctly hear every conversation as people passed our door. Just a small issue but worth noting if you are a light sleeper.
Overall however I could not fault the staff or the Hotel facilities. I have stayed in many Hotels and this one without doubt has eclipsed them all. I can’t wait to tell my friends to visit here and I hope to stay again in the Autumn.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Golf Course have great views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark M

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your 30th Birthday Celebrations with you family and that you got the opportunity to avail of the facilities in the Hotel throughout your stay.

It is wonderful to know that all staff you encountered were helpful and friendly and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook again very soon.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!