“Night out”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for just 1 night for a function . It is a beautiful hotel with very friendly staff and a very warm welcome . The rooms are lovely and the general decor of the hotel gives to a very relaxing stay. Unfortunately the food was very unsatisfactory at the function very tasteless and certainly not enough of it. The bar food was of the same quality but pleasently the breakfast food was lovely . I don't think I will be returning here for a stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear janet q

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that the staff you encountered on your visit were welcoming and friendly. I was surprised and disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the food served - perhaps you would contact me directly at the Hotel to discuss this? - pcurran@knightsbrook.com.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have visted the Knightsbrook 3 times, first time for my work Christmas party, we had a great night, good music, good crowd. The next time was to play golf, we got a lovely summers day and the course was in great shape, just wish my game was that good. The last time was a wedding, i was best man, can not fault the staff at all, were very helpfull throughout the day. The food was lovely too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear David K

Thank you for reviewing your stays and Knightsbrook Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visits for all of these ocassions. Hopefully we will see you again soon at Knightsbrook- perhaps for another round of Golf!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had my wedding on the 31st January 2013 in knightsbrook hotel. I can not put into words how amazing the day was. I have knightsbrook to thank for this. My boyfriend plays golf here and suggested we had a look at the hotel. From the minute we entered the hotel it looked and felt fabulous, they had a package that we liked and they amended it to suit our requests. The day before we brought all our bags to the hotel, they had the tables laid out and let me set up my own candy table, this was a huge help as I was delighted with the lay out of the room and any changes they were happy to oblige. The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect, I could not fault the hotel! The service was excellent, all staff from the cleaners on the corridor to the general manager were so friendly and approachable. The staff made sure that the day was perfect and there attention to details was outstanding. I can't thank them enough for making all my dreams come true. All the guests were so happy with there rooms and the great price package you provided, also the food was complimented by all the Guests. What I loved the most after serving dinner the staff offered second servings of both the sea base and beef so the guests could have both if they wished ( and some did)!! The food in the restaurant and bar is the best we've ever had ( and we are both fussy about food as we like to eat out a lot). The day after the wedding 25 guests played golf and some other guests had afternoon tea in a private room where we had tea, sandwiches and wedding cake. It was absolutely perfect. The following day we enjoyed the spa where i totally relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed my massage, so much I went back for a second one the following day. I need to say a special thank you to mark, he took care of us for the day before our wedding, the day of and the day after. His attention to details was remarkable, he was present anytime we needed him, he was professional, friendly and made me and my husband feel like the most important people in the world that day. We will be forever grateful to knightsbrook hotel and the staff for making all our dreams come true. I would highly recommend knightsbrook hotel to anyway looking for a break away, but especially booking a wedding, I can not fault the hotel in any area!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Audrey F

Thank you for sharing your Wedding Experience at Knightsbrook Hotel and Congratulations on your Wedding last month. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to all the Team here at Knightsbrook and I am delighted all of your guests enjoyed their visit. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back to Knightsbrook Hotel for many years to come and wish you every happiness in your future together.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We travelled the country trying to find the perfect wedding venue, after viewing all types of castles, manor houses and hotels we decided on The Knightsbrook. To be honest what sold the hotel to us first was the friendliness of all the staff especially the wedding co-ordinator Sinead who couldn't do enough for us and came up with some amazing ideas to make our day perfect. From the very start of our wedding day everything ran so smoothly because of the professionalism of the all the staff, we had fillet of beef for dinner which melted in your mouth and sole stuffed with salmon mouse which was to die for. We have two small children which the hotel catered for so well we were amazed that no matter what we needed they provided. The Knightsbrook is an amazing hotel for food, beautiful rooms brilliant staff and the ultimate wedding venue. Many thanks to Sinead, Patrick, Caroline and all the staff that made our wedding so special. Erika, Joe, Charlie & Lily

Room Tip: If your a smoker ask for a room with a balcony as it is a completely non smoking hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Erika

Congratulations once again on your recent Wedding and Thank you for sharing your experience of the Event at Knightsbrook Hotel. We wish you every happiness in your future together and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Knightsbrook Hotel for many years to come.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for two nights before Christmas. The room was lovely, everything was great. The breakfast was brilliant!! Only negative was that the restaurant forgot about us a bit and we were waiting for ages to even get a desert menu. Apart from that a brilliant trip!

Room Tip: Get a balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Katharina O

Thank you for your review of your visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. My apologies that there was a delay in Rococo Restaurant but I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent one night in the holiday homes at the Knightsbrook hotel and gold resort recently and from the very beginning the staff were amazingly helpful. We organised the trip to celebrate a friend's upcoming wedding, they accomodated everything we wanted (including coming down a day early to decorate their Willow Suite where we had afternoon tea) and helped me set up decorations and organise extra glasses for our rental homes. They helped make the day hassle free and special for my friend and I can't praise them all enough. They never seemed annoyed at the thousands of questions and requests we had and made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear t2sNat

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel Courtyard Accommodation. I was delighted to read that the staff catered for all your requirements and made you and your guests feel welcome. I hope you enjoy the upcoming wedding and look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed in this property 2 weeks ago. The hotel was really lovely, a lot nicer than I had expected. Staff at Front Desk were really nice, and were constantly polite even though they were very busy. Beds were very comfy, had a great sleep. All public areas in the hotel were very nice and all staff members we met everywhere were lovely.
Unfortunately,Hotel did have some downsides, some fixable, some not. The shower in the bedroom was really bad, water pressure weak and fitting in wrong place and not moveable. Water barely hits the body when showering. Breakfast is the easily fixable problem, lots of stock missing from buffet and not replenished. Staff disorganized, had to ask for tea and coffee twice after waiting 15 mins for someone to acknowledge us. Out of place fish tank (cheap and battered looking) at a service bar, really bizarre in an otherwise lovely room. This service area was very sloppy and dirty looking, cleaning products dumped on counter, linen thrown all over counter top and items that should not be seen strewn on area. Waffles on buffet really bad, should change to pancakes, easier to hold. Food in hotel ok apart from Sandwiches which were really good and fresh.
I would return to this hotel it has a lot going for it and is very comfortable, but would have a bath next time!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear hilflowerpot

Many thanks for reviewing your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. I have spoken to our Accommodation Manager and Maintenance Team regarding the water pressure and this is something we are in the process of rectifiying at the moment. My apologies that this was not resolved during your stay.
I have also spoken to our Restaurant Manager and Team about the points you have raised with breakfast and on your next visit, I am sure you will see vast improvements in this.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#3 of 3 in Trim
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!