“Not up to standard”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed October 1, 2007

I spent one night in the Knightsbrook and was disappointed with the hotel. I asked for a quiet room as I was in the area working and I was given a room over the bar, with live music until 12 or so. Then at 2.30am a drunken middle aged couple came back to their room beside mine and argued loudly with the telly on for an hour. I telephoned reception and they said they'd send someone up but I didn't hear anyone and eventually the couple stopped, after an hour and a half. I thought the staff were nice but the food was only average and the memory of a distinctly soggy sandwich I got in the bar in the evening will stay with me for a long time.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Anne C
There are newer reviews for Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort

Reviewed August 18, 2007

Myself and my partner recently spent three nights in the Knightsbrook HYtel and I cannot reccomend it enough. From the moment we arrived, we were given a tremendous welcome, inparticular by the lovely girls at the front desk. They really couldn't have been nicer and it was a wonderful start to our short break. We loved our room and had a great view over the golfcourse. The beds are to die for and I can't remember getting such a good night's sleep in ages. We had lunch in the bar and found it to be very good. I also had a pedicure in the Spa and it was very relaxing. When our stay came to an end, we really wished it could have been longer. Once again, I really have to commend the receptionists, inparticular one girl called Aoife who went out of her way on more than one occasion to make sure everything was perfect for us. Already we are planning our next visit and this time hopefully it will be for longer!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank juliemc_99
Reviewed August 13, 2007

HI,
i stayed at the knightsbrook hotel for a wedding and i have to say the hotel was really excellent. It is a beautiful hotel inside a real 5 star hotel. I loved the banqueting suite andalso our bedroom was fab. Have only been to ireland once andwould love to come back to ireland if this is the standard of hotels.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank shell666
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We had 12 twin rooms booked for a party of 24 golfers. Some of the rooms were not ready so they had to allocate new rooms - no problem you would think, but far from it! First attempt they allocated a double room, second attempt when our party got to the room and opened the door there were already a couple in it watching television (they could have been doing anything!). Third attempt they eventually get it right but at the same time they are re-allocating the earlier double room to another 2 of our party until this is pointed out! Not a word of apology. Also at no time were any of us told where breakfast was or at what time - the booking in was just a shambles.
I formally contacted them with my complaint after I returned. I got an acknowledgement my complaint was received but haven't heard from them again and thats over 2 months ago.
Maybe on an individual basis they are fine but I was very disapointed with how they managed our party and their lack of response.
On the plus side they have a wonderfule golf course.

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank Golf_fanBelfast
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Ended up staying here after a recommendation from a hotel desk person in Kilkenny. She called ahead and got me a great rate- 110 Euros for a Twin room.

The place is new and part of a golf resort. I just ended up here because we were in Newgrange. The room is nice and the restaurant - Roccoco was very nice. It's pricey but was worth it.

If you find yourself in this part of Ireland I would say this place is a good bet. Especially at this price. They would probably give you a deal since it wasn't very booked. Maybe something you can find on Priceline.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank JimfromLA
Reviewed May 5, 2007

Stayed in Knightsbrook for a spa package weekend with 5 others. We arrived at luchtime and our rooms were not ready so we went for lunch in the Terrace Cafe - very disappointing food and they forgot one of the meals, it finally arrived when the rest of us had finished and the waitress (who was about 16) never apologied but instead told us that the kitchen were "up the walls". When we went to check in, they never explained about breakfast time/check out times/ pointed out the lifts to our rooms or where the Spa was located. We had booked three double rooms which we were told had two double beds in each but when one party got to their room they found there was only one bed. When we asked to move rooms to what we had booked the receptionist told us that they were full and only found us a room when we really insisted. Spa was lovely, however, I was glad it was included in the package as it seemed v expensive otherwise. Dinner that evening was also included and the food and service in the resturant was faultless. When we retired to the bar we found a dreadful piano player and we had to move to the lobby. The bar staff were lazy and the bar was filthy with old glasses even though they didnt seem busy. Beds were comfy and rooms were top class. Breakfast next morning was very nice. With better staff this could be a very good hotel, needs a good manager to whip it into shape

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Irish_Traveller085
Reviewed March 28, 2007

Myself and my partner stayed for 3 nights B&B and one dinner in March
2007. Drive into hotel is very strange in that you drive through a housing estate that is still under development by the same builder that owns the hotel as I understand it. This sort of ruins the look of the hotel in my opinion - as a poss wedding location not very fairytale like having to drive through an estate with speed bumps no matter how nice it is. Receptionists were very helpful and did not keep you waiting. Lifts were quick. Room was spacious enough, tea and coffe making facilities with biscuits. Robes and slippers provided. Showers were a bit of a nightmare either roasting hot or freezing cold no in between. Chorus television channels available. Nice big bed, very comfortable. You can control your own room temp which is nice. Writing desk and chairs table in room, nice decor. Front bar in hotel has v limited bar food menu, recommend back bar more but if you are a weight watcher be aware that there are very little options at this hotel. On our 2nd day we opted to eat elsewhere the menus for bar food are so limited. Ate in the restaurant on 2nd night, excellent food, great service but expensive - it was included in our package, but if we had to pay on the night would have felt it was dear. The wine that was on the menu was not available. Breakfast in room: twice this was wrong, they forget porridge first morning and had to bring up, 2nd morning gave a crossant instead of a danish even though the menu card diferentiates between the two. €5 to have brekkie in room. Overall nice hotel, wouldnt have a wedding there due to drive in, food very limited if you watching your waist line and even if you are not bar food extremely limited. Pool facilities are good, clean, gym has all the equipment you would expect. Didnt use the golf course but looked very nice and had a look around the golf shop. The Spa prices were very expensive, when you add these onto your hotel you could get a wk away somewhere very nice.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank advisory
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!