“Bait and Switch”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reno, Nevada
“Bait and Switch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

Upon checking in I asked for two castle view rooms. After a long length of time, she assigned us two rooms. I was very disappointed when we walked into the rooms and there was absolutely no view at all. I called down to the front desk and was told that there were no view rooms available (why didn't she tell me this when we checked in!). Upon returning to our rooms at 9 p.m. we were greated with very loud music. After calling the front desk we were told that there was a wedding at the hotel and that the two rooms assigned to us at check in were DIRECTLY above the wedding reception area and that we could expect the music to go on until 2:00 a.m. The hotel did not have any other rooms available. We packed our bags and checked out. I found this hotel to be very dishonest with us from the very beginning. I truly expected more from what is purportedly a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank 2379ptkslk
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Dear 2379ptkslk
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent visit with us and that we could not fulfill your request for a castle view room.As you had no reservation and we had only 2 rooms available we were not able to offer you our quieter rooms.I apoligize if you were misled in any way.
Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

i was here for a wedding recently. The interior is outstanding absolutely gorgeous. The ballroom was decorated in the nicest i have seen at a wedding. The food was absolutely gorgeous every course was perfect and delicious what great chefs they have. One female member of staff i found quite rude and had a face on her like she was chewing a wasp but the rest of the waiting staff were lovely. The rooms were lovely altough no remote control for television. Found it annoying you could only buy cigarettes downstairs at reception but they are only minor things. I would definitely recommend to others and i have heard nothing but good feedback from all the guests especially the food. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear nlk9
Thank you for your kind words and i am delighted you enjoyed the wedding reception.I will look into the minor issues you mentioned.
Kind Regards
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

When we arrived, after a 12hours journey by car from NE England and ferry from Holyhead, we were worn out. We were given our room and found it unmade at 6PM. At first they asked us to wait while it was prepared, but we asked for another room we were told that there were no other rooms that would be quiet as a wedding was in progress. We agreed to take another room, but the wedding noise went on until 5AM. Drunken singing started at 1 pm and went on all night. I did complain about this when we checked out, but saw no point during the night as we had been warned. The room felt spacious due to high ceilings and the queen bed was comfy. The bathroom sink drain wasn't clean, the shower hot water was erratic and the light over te bed was out.The bar served generous sized wine and the food was OK. The breakfast was very good. The staff were friendly and we enjoyed the one night stay and a tour of the castle was very interesting. The internet was complimentary and worked well.
There's not much in the town but a few pubs looked nice from the outside. It's a good stop on the way from Dublin Ferry to Galway area. I would rate this hotel as a 3.5 the entrance/lobby is very tastefully decorated and there's a shop selling lovely gifts and beautiful clothing. Our room looked out to the side street. Next day we thoroughly enjoyed the Trim Castle group tour, which was only 3 euro each. Everyone was helpful when we asked directions, the desk staff were very friendly during checkout and loaned us an umbrella to take to the Castle tour.
The parking was free and seemed secure. Overall is was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsbarksby
Dear Mrsbarksey
Thank you for your review and i am delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful whilst also enjoying the comfort of the Hotel.However i am disappointed that you had a broken sleep which i apoligize for.
Kinnelon, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Beautiful hotel, great location, food was good and open late which saved us after a day of driving. front desk folks incredible nice and helpful. Wedding was happening that night but we only heard it from the lobby, quiet as can be from our rooms

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2010
Dear TomHann
Thank you for your kind comments regarding you recent stay with us.I am delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards
Grain Valley, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Our group of three stayed two nights..reservations made...still no bed made up for the third, nor was it done the second night. BUT the rooms were very nice, clean and the staff enjoyable. Night mgr. Pat Cahill knows Ireland inside and out and gave us some great tips as not only where to go but how to get there with the most interesting spots along the way.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dear MissouriGal2010
Thank you for your comments and i am delighted that Pat was able to be of assistance to you.
County Down, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I were very impressed with the lovely location and the airy, modern feel of this hotel. We are both vegetarian and had a lovely meal the first night of our stay with very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was very nice, with a balcony. The only problem was that there were balconies either side of ours. just separated by little trees. Little did we know how annoying this would turn out to be. The first night's stay was lovely and we explored Trim castle and Tara the following day and returned to the bar for some drinks later on. The bar staff were so friendly and chatty and made us very welcome. When we retired for our second night's stay we noticed there had been a wedding reception in the hotel and very loud music from the floor below us, which carried on til 2am. We had a long drive home the next day, so we really needed a good sleep.
I just thought we will have to put up with it, as these things happen, though I will always ask in future when I book anywhere, if there will be any weddings! We were on a midweek package too!
The music was the least of our problems, it stopped at 2am! That's when the wedding guests started to pour into the corridor where we were just drifting off. They were screaming and laughing up and down outside our room. They were also in the room next to us and went out to the adjoining balcony, where they began singing and shouting for literally hours on and off. My husband managed to fall asleep and just as I fell asleep, someone banged on our door, waking us again and the noise began again. I noticed I was still awake at half 5 and had an awful night.
In the morning we were exhausted and when we got to reception to check out my husband asked if the bill was in euros or pounds, as it seemed more than we had thought. The lady was quite harsh and didn't answer the simple question, also shouting out that my husband's credit card had been declined and kept repeating this despite the fact that it turned out to be the hotel's fault with their system. My husband told her about the noise of the night before, but she just said there had been a wedding, as if we should accept this. I was sorry that our trip ended so badly, as it was going so well and most of the staff were so lovely.
My advice is to always ask if there will there be any weddings when you book, and not just at weekends!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear fluffyduck30
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us.I am delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel in general however i apoligise for the noise disruption you experienced and the difficulty in checking out.We always try to accommodate Wedding revellers on different floors to our leisure guests so as everyone can enjoy a good night's sleep which obviously did not happen on this occasion.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

I had my wedding here at Trim Castle Hotel and I can safely say I had the perfect day. The staff here were top class. Jillian and the lads were brilliant they made sure we had everything we needed and more. We had 300 guests lively ones at that and they were taken care of just as much as my husband and I were. The food was fantastic all our guests were very happy We stayed for two nights and the staff looked after all of us with a great service the second night the same as our wedding night. . The views of the castle are spectacular from the honeymoon suite.Trim village is wonderful and the locals are very welcoming.This is the place for your wedding or a weekend away.. I can not recommend this hotel highly enough. Thanks very much to all the staff for you excellent professional service.
It was a pleasure.
Ann-Marie & Michael.

• Stayed July 2010
Dear AnnMarieMcCreesh
Thank you for your kind comments and once again we hope you both have a wonderful life together and we look forward to welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel.
Noel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 4 in Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!