“Great Staff in the Resturaunt of this hotel. Amazing food.”
Review of Trim Castle Hotel

Trim Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We didn’t stay in this hotel; we stayed at the Knightsbrook Hotel, 1 mile away. Having had a meal at the Knightsbrook the night before, which was not good, we decided to search a place during the next day and found a great menu and super price at this hotel. So we booked a table in this hotels restaurant called Jules and returned to our hotel to get ready for the evening. On return the restaurant was very quiet and we wondered if it was going to be the right place, but wow, was it ever. The waiter was just amazing, his name was Thomas Dettlaft or Deftlaft, he was polish and just incredible. He was very polite and accommodating and funny in a kind of X-Factor way. He made us feel like we were a King and a Queen for the evening. We don’t really like fake hospitality but this guy never put a foot wrong all evening and was completely genuine, a very family kind of guy, his Craig was great. He got everything right even when I expected he might not have heard me right. So on to the food. He presented some amazing and beautifully presented food including a sirloin steak that resembled the best fillet we had eaten in Ireland. OK we where one of only a few customers that evening because a large booking was cancelled last minute but I mean this was just one of the nicest meals we ever had and for very little money for such amazing service. We paid 25 euro per person for a 5 course Table Dote menu, incredible value. I Really can recommend this place if Thomas and whoever that Chef was that evening, he was the main Chef I know that so according to their website it is Sean McDonald. Just brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
braveh, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

Dear Truthabout,
Thank you for your review of Jules Restaurant.I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and your comments have been passed on to the team.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for one night.There was a large wedding on but it was held on the first floor and it didnt affect our comfort and enjoyment.The bedroom was nice and spotlessly clean, if not overly large.We enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant and found the staff to be friendly and efficent.The bar has a lovely view of Trim Castle and had trad music on which was good crack.
We had not intended to stay here but liked the feel of the place having only stopped for coffee.
Tip... Haggle with the manager and you will get a good rate!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I went to Trim with my family last weekend to the Balloon Fiesta and stayed at Trim Castle Hotel. We arrived on the Saturday and checked into a very busy hotel but with a very nice atmosphere. the room we checked into was very nice and bright, overlooking the castle and had plenty of space for an extra bed for the children. we spent most of the day taking in the sights of Trim and enjoying all the activities at the Fiesta. The reception staff were very helpful in providing information on things to do.We had dinner in the hotel that evening and although the hotel was still extremely busy, all the staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was gorgeous. the children loved the bar staff giving them colouring books during the meal which kept them nice and busy. overall the hotel was great and all the staff were very nice and friendly, even though there were huge crowds in the hotel. i will definately return to Trim Castle Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Stopped by Trim Castle Hotel for an evening meal with four other friends and was absolutely appalled by the lack of customer service. Firstly it took 15 minutes for our server even to approach us with menu's, after placing our orders it took a further 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive followed by another 30 minute wait for our food to arrive. When it did arrive it was cold and one of the main courses did not come out. We were told it would just be a minute however by the time it appeared the people in our group that had got their meal were finished eating. We were all extremely disappointed. We asked to speak to the manager and after waiting a half an hour for him we were told he was too busy to speak with us. I certainly wont be returning to Trim Castle hotel and unless you want a two hour wait for cold overpriced food and no customer service I advise anyone reading this to consider somewhere else in Trim to eat.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Manddill
braveh, Noel Comer General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2010

Dear Manddill
Thank you for your comments and i apoligise for the breakdown in service standards on the evening of your visit,as we have corrected the points you mentioned i hope we welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

I attended the hotel for a friends wedding in December. The wedding was a great day. The following morning we were woken around 8am by loud banging noises which lasted for a good 10 mins. Then we had ordered breakfast in bed it arrived without milk butter and the fry was cold. The staff were too busy talking to one another to be concerned with a customer. I emailed the Hotel about the problems I had but I didn't even get an aknowledgement email back NO Customer Service. I definitly will not be returning to the Trim Castle Hotel which is a shame because it is such a nice area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaLouth_Ireland
braveh, Noel Comer General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2010

Dear AmandaLouth_Ireland
I apoligise for the difficulties you experienced on your visit with us.We have ,without success, tried to locate your email to us regarding this.
I am glad however that you enjoyed the wedding.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

Having recently stayed in and reviewed another Trim hotel for our wedding anniversary, it occurred to me that I never reviewed Trim Castle Hotel after our wonderful wedding there last year!

I knew from one visit to Trim Castle Hotel that it was the one I would choose for my wedding day. The location alone is enough to sell it, directly across the street from the castle itself, with beautiful church grounds along one side. From day one the staff I dealt with were efficient, helpful, patient and went out of their way to fulfill any request. Patrick was the first person to show us around the hotel and from then on Sheila was our main point of contact. Neither of them could do enough for us to make sure the day went as smoothly as possible. During the planning process the staff were always available to take any queries or concerns, and when delayed for a meeting with us one day, Sheila even arranged for my mother and I to have dinner in their Bailey Bar while we waited (fabulous carvery food by the way).

On arrival we were greeted with champagne and red carpet while our guests were upstairs in the first private reception area, which looks out onto the castle itself, and the main hall looks onto the church grounds. Both are fantastic at night time when the castle is completely lit up. The main hall can be split in two to accommodate large and small gatherings. I had only about 80 guests so we had half the room set up. It is very convenient to have the huge balcony straight off the main hall, so the smokers among the guests could go outside without being separated from the fun. Our meal was amazing from start to finish, absolutely top quality food and nice big portions (very important with my family!). We had originally intended to have the DJ set up in the other half of the main hall while we ate and then pull back the partition wall so every one could dance straight away. I had realised that this wouldn't be a great idea since there were so few people, but in my pre-wedding mental state (!) I had neglected to tell Sheila I'd changed my mind and she came up during dinner to tell me the other room was set up!!! However, she arranged for the whole set up to be taken down and rearranged in the half room where we had dinner with absolutely no hesitation. This was also done so, so quickly, I cannot compliment her enough for her professionalism and good nature.

The rooms were amazing, very large and spacious with gorgeous bathrooms. Our room looked out directly over the castle, so our champagne breakfast the next morning with that gorgeous view was the perfect start to married life!

If I had one tiny niggle with the hotel it would be the rates that were billed as 'special' wedding rates. at one point only €5 cheaper than booking separately online. Although, I know this is something that a lot of hotels do, and they did offer myself, my parents and some of our guests an excellent rate to stay the next night, and even matched a b&b rate for one of the couples so they would not have to leave the hotel after the party!

There are so many good things I still want to say about this hotel, but I'll get a reputation as an epic writer if I'm not careful! Bottom line - for value, service, and an amazing wedding experience, Trim Castle Hotel is the best!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
braveh, Noel Comer General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Hi Jeansyn
Thank you for your wedding feedback.It really was a pleasure looking after you and your guests.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

Myself and my wife stayed at Trim Castle Hotel a couple of weeks ago for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. We availed of a very competitive accommodation rate and sampled the various menus available in the hotel's many eateries. The staff were friendly and informative and both myself and my wife were very impressed with both the hotel and the town.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
braveh, Noel Comer General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2010

Many thanks for your kind words i am delighted to pass them on to the team.
Noel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!