“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding at Trim Castle Hotel, decided to make a weekend of it. Everything from food to rooms and staff was first class, nothing was a problem to any of the staff (credit to the hotel) Can't wait to return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Spot11
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your recent stay at Trim Castle Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your weekend with us. I have passed on all your lovely comments to the rest of the team.

And I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Patrick Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Finnish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at trim castle hotel last sunday night I must say it is a beautiful hotel and the staff were very helpful. We had lunch and it was wonderful and the portions were very generous. Breakfast was excellent. Music in the lounge. We would definitely stay here again. If I was to recommend anything I would say if they put some wallpaper decor in the bedrooms to make it more luxurious & in keeping with the rest of the hotel. The rooms were very bland. Beds large & comfortable & lovely large bathroom.

Room Tip: Just book it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carmel B
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and we are delighted that you, enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your lovely comments about our staff & Hotel.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Trim Castle Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on Sunday night, it was just a last minute thing, gorgeous hotel and even better views!! But the staff where not very friendly or welcoming at all! And charging guests €3 to park is mad! It should be free! Then we got room service for breakfast which we read was a €4 charge which we didn't mind but then when we where booking out she said it was €4 per person, far to expensive for just one tray. I actually left the hotel in a bad mood, which is a shame because it was such a lovely place.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Aoifey22
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying at the Trim Castle Hotel & for your constructive feedback received. Please accept our apologies regarding some issues that you had with your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had my wedding here in Trim castle and everyone at the hotel was so helpful and kind towards myself and my husband when we were planning and organising our wedding. We couldnt thank them enough. We had the most wonderful experience at the hotel from the minute we arrived to the time we left, the lovely welcome we got and how patient the staff were with us.
To the team who helped us on the day off our wedding, they were amazing and so nice. They couldn’t do enough for us and made us feel so special and important.
The food was amazing, and the service from start to finish was excellent and we got great feedback from all of our wedding guests. They were very happy with the overall service they too received during their stay.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Trim Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that the wedding was such a wonderful experience and that you thought our staff to be courteous and efficient. One of our goals at Trim Castle Hotel is to ensure every guest receives an outstanding experience, so I’m very glad to read our exceptional chefs and diligent staff made that possible for you. Thanks again for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We availed of the Mid Week rate that included dinner for two in the Bar, very good meal though mushey pea not ideal accompamyant to beef + onion pie. The room was modern and the facilities excellent and great value for money overall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank John N
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a glowing review of your recent stay with us here at Trim castle Hotel.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we very much look forward to having you join us again for your next stay in Trim Castle Hotel.

With very best wishes,

monaghan
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed last Sunday night and found the hotel to be modern, good value and would definitely stay again. The atmosphere was lively and there was a great buzz. Car Parking for the night was €3 (a lot cheaper than staying in Dublin hotels).

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paul s
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Trim Castle Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to stay again in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Tonight's experience was disappointing to say the least. After having enjoyed the food at Trim castle hotel some years ago at a wedding I persauded my husband to veer off track and have dinner here. When we arrived we could see that it was clearly busy..which is a good sign. We seated ourselves and waited. There was a look of terror in the eyes of the wait staff. It was like feeding time at the zoo and they were clearly understaffed. The tables were not cleared, everyone seemed to be trying to get their attention, there seemed to be an issue with people's bills, the chairs and tables were filthy and there was a strange smell. We got up to leave but then decided to stay as I had assured my companion that the food was good. After an ordeal ordering we were presented with our food. While the soup given was not the soup we were advised of we tucked in. It was absolutely awful. Everything seemed overdone and flung onto the plate. It was clearly the results of a kitchen under pressure. And the ingredients were definitely not fresh. Am sure it's a one off and today's experience was a culmination of a lot of different factors. A good clean and a few extra staff may have done the trick.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank CLKS25
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Trim Castle Hotel recently. I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding the food & standard of service in our Bailey Bar - this is certainly not the standard at our Hotel and I will be speaking to our Head Chef & Bar Manager about the comments you have made.

I hope that perhaps you might afford us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the near future. If so, please contact me personally on preilly@trimcastlehotel.com.

Patrick Reilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!