Trim Castle Hotel
Agoda.com
Newgrange Hotel(Navan)(Great Value!)
$163
$151
The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa(Enfield)(Great Value!)
$146
$141
Travelocity
$100
$83
Hotels.com
Hamlet Court Hotel(Enfield)(Great Value!)
$91
Headfort Arms Hotel(Kells)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,210 results
All reviewsjules restauranttrim castlebailey barrooftop terracekilkenny shoplovely hotelfamily weddingthird floorwedding receptionfrom start to finishbar foodnext morningfood was amazingwould highly recommend this hotellovely viewstayed here for one nightspacious room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband attended a family wedding here and had been looking forward to having a nice break away from the kids so we decided to stay over.I had been in the hotel many times for lunch and coffees and was always impressed so I suppose I did have high enough expectations.On arrival at the reception,there were 2 girls who I must say were very unenthusiastic ,there wasn't anyone else checking in but I felt the young girl who ended up checking us in just wanted us out of the way as quickly as possible.She mentioned that the car park must be paid for, I think it was €3 extra and asked to take it on top of payment for the room.I didn't mind this at all.The wedding was quite lavish,no expense seemed to have been spared.The wedding guests spent some time in the tea/coffee reception area before the actual meal where there was a variety of nibbles provided by the bridal party.The food was delicious I must say but the service was pretty bad.Where we were seated,there were a group of around 6-8 of us at times and we were sat at the table for about 2 hours I would guess, but not once did anyone come to clear plates or glasses during this time.When we went in for our meal it just seemed that the staff could not cope with the volume of guests.Little things like there was no water at the table and when I asked one of the guys for more,he replied"yes it's coming in a minute" he was flustered .There always seemed to be someone missing a starter ,main course and I had to ask where my desert was.These are all little things I know but generally I think there wasn't enough care taken to ensure guests were satisfied.At one stage, a lady came to our table asked one person did they want any extra veg or whatever and walked away as quick, without asking the rest of the table .Like anyone Im sure, We have been to many weddings over the years and this wedding was probably one of the more plush .I would say the bill would have been huge for the bride and groom the next morning , but it was definitely the most disappointing.Ive never heard so many people complain about the service either, you know ladies chatting in the bathrooms/etc.I wouldn't have any reason to return to the hotel other than it is nice for lunch or to meet up for a coffee,oh and the gift shop is worth a look!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank nemo1234186605
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear nemo1234186605

Naturally we are disappointed that you did not enjoy the Wedding you attended here recently. We very much appreciate your feedback and although we have received nothing but positive comments from our Weddings here recently, I will look into the issues you have highlighted.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

i was at a friends wedding in the trim castle hotel and what can i say fantastic lovely surrounding with great views beautiful hotel and great food thumbs up from me the room are so luxury and i felt very comfortable its very big and cosy

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear johnhowsoonisnow

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked Christmas Eve at Trim Castle Hotel, as my Daughter was singing in the lounge that night, so we decided to stay overnight - there was a Wedding, and we saw quite a long queue at Reception, and as we both use walking sticks, a gentleman who obviously worked at the Hotel, came over and asked our names, so he went and checked us in so quickly. We were looking forward to a lovely evening, but unfortunately I took ill and we had to go home (home is in the same town, but we love the hotel!!) When we had to check out the very kind receptionist agreed without hesitation that we could pass on the room to my Daughter, so we were at no loss. I just want to say that the Staff at the Hotel have always treated us with respect and kindness, and the Hotel itself is really worth staying at. We look forward to 2 more stays there in March, and hope that health will permit us to enjoy them. See you soon again, and thanks.

Room Tip: Can recommend Rooms 218, and 215.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila93

Dear Sheila93

We were delighted to welcome you back to Trim Castle Hotel. Many thanks for your kind comments, which I will pass on to the rest of the Team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Nice modern hotel with very friendly staff and right in the heart of Trim, in a lovely setting right next to the castle. would recommend staying here for any occasion.
As it happened I stayed here for a friends wedding and the wedding couple were very happy with their experience as were all their guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear alangod

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Wedding you attended here recently. Thank you for your kind comments and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night at this fabulous hotel in Trim. Room was massive and beautifully decorated. Super king size bed. Room had everything we needed. As added bonus we had the most amazing view of Trim Castle. Breakfast included in rate. Good selection of cooked foods. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BerncOn

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Trim Castle Hotel and thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Warm Regards