“Appalling value for money, no atmosphere”
Review of La Scala - CLOSED

La Scala
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Visited here with my boyfriend in the early afternoon for a quick bite as we were starving. We couldnt have chosen a worst place! Menu is way too overpriced, there is zero atmosphere, and they charged us for two large jugs of water when we didn't even realise there was a price! Do not go here.

There are newer reviews for La Scala

Reviewed January 27, 2013

travelled all the way from drogheda and booked la scala 2 and a half weeks ago for meal on sat the 26th of jan to find restaurant not open.got no phone call to say restaurant was closed or meal cancelled not impressed.just be careful if you book and get a no show like us gerard.

3  Thank gerardmcguirk
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We've been to La Scala a couple of times now and each time the food is great, the service is spot-on (attentive without being intrusive) and the atmosphere superb! There seemed to be enough space for couples and large family groups and everyone seemed to be having fun. I, too, have traveled the world and this is one of my favorite restaurants - no fuss, great food, surprisingly Italian atmosphere and great value for money. Just like Florence really!

1  Thank Bryan B
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a great night in La Scala. The food was really good and the staff and service were excellent and really professional. With the quality I was surprised to see the bill at the end of the night was so low. I would highly recommend it. Best foo I have had in Trim in a while.

1  Thank Patrick O
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I went here with my daughter, she got pasta pomodoro which was cold and I found some plastic in the sauce!! I, however got calamari and mussels which was horrible as the calamari was so fatty and had no taste but grease on it!! The chips were hard but also soggy! The salami I got as a starter was so peppery my tongue almost came off.... The bread was hard and so salty.
My advice is too STAY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

yearitaly, Direttore at La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

dear Adam,
thanks for the recent visit at La Scala.thanks also for the onest review . it is our policy ask to customer how it goes several times while we serve food , in between and after , and finally before the bill. It is also our policy to get off from the bill any preparation the customer doesn't like no matter for the reason. We want apologize for what happened to you and to any customer . We are and we will work with more passion : working hard to make our customers happy