“expensive with bad quantity”
Review of Jules Restaurant

Jules Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Trim
Cuisines: French, Irish, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our Rosette Award Winning Executive Chef Sean McDonald has worked in 5 star hotels all over the world including the world renowned Crown Towers in Australia. Sean cleverly combines French & Irish Cuisine with a hint of Asian to create his exquisite dishes. Our Executive Chef, together with the bar and restaurant team at Trim Castle Hotel, promise you a relaxed and comfortable setting, complimented by a high level of service. Menus in our restaurant, bar and cafe are updated regularly and include only the freshest of ingredients which are sourced locally, where possible.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

just back from a family christmas meal, Food taste was excellent, but the amount given was pathetic for the price you pay. Not 1 bit impressed. Asked for more mash potato and the waitress came out with a tiny bowel. I had beef and onion pie and the amount of pie comparing to other restaurants was small, but the amount of potato and veg with this dish was a joke! My father had Supreme of Parmesan Crusted Chicken, and it was almost a kids portion.
Ordered for my Daughter Tagliatelle in a sauce, not only were we waiting ages for it, it tasted like S***.
Not impressed and on these grounds I would be reluctant to return or recommend Trim Castle Hotel for a Meal.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Quite a popular spot - busy and noisy with lots of folks waiting for a table so it did not feel like a leisurely dinner. We ate in the casual restaurant in the hotel. I believe there is another restaurant. Food was good.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate here on the Bank Holiday Monday just after 7 in the evening. Lovely cosy ambience in the hotel, and it also had a relaxed vibe which is what we were looking for.
We weren't greeted on arrival, and we sat at a table that was yet to be cleared but within seconds the maitre'd had come over, cleared the table, and apologised. He then went off to get some menus which there was a small wait for.

But service from then on was extremely prompt and polite. Unfortunately they didnt have the black pudding with caramelized apple which I was looking forward too but they had a good choice nonetheless. I ordered the brie. The portion was quite small.
My partner ordered the chicken wings which were tasty. We noticed they did not provide a hand bowl for washing hands in as wings can get quite messy. We were rather surprised as it is a four star establishment.

I had a chicken ceaser salad for a main as a I felt the selection of mains to be a little limited, my partner went for the fish pie, he thought his portion was small. Mine salad was more than enough, it was lovely, apart from I found the bottom of it drenced in dressing.
For dessert I had sticky toffee pudding with scoop of vanilla ice cream. I can't fault it, it was delicious and the best part of the meal.

The only negative is that portions are on the small side in contrast to value for money.

The whole meal came to 52 euro which was three courses for me, and two courses for him.

They did also have a cheaper option of 3 courses for 19.95 which might have saved a few euro.

All in all, a comfortable, cosy restaurant, with tasty food. Might want to up the ante a bit to retain their four stars.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

On my recent trip to Irekand we went to Trim and had lunch at the Trim Castle Hotel.

I had the Tuna pannini lunch special. It had a tasty tuna and cheddar filling, was grilled nicely and served with two salad choices. With coffee it came to about 11 Euros which I found to be a very reasonable price.

The food portions were reasonable as were the prices. The service is decent and the atmosphere was pleasant.

Thank Belt Drive Bett... C
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Everything about this venue breaths castles, medieval manor and brave of the heart! The hotel is right in the heart of Trim and overlooks the ruins of Trim Castle, the sight of filming of Braveheart the movie. The atmosphere was relaxed, but staff was attentive. I would go back in a heartbeat!