“My second visit and I can't wait to return”
Review of Beechwood Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trim
Beechwood Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Trim B&B and Inns
Palm Bay, Florida
“My second visit and I can't wait to return”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Wonderful place to stay. It was convenient to travel to all the sites I wanted to visit as well as to get into Trim for the shops. Trish and her family were very helpful and I love the dogs. I stayed in a separate cottage with friends the first visit and it was great for the four of us. My second visit I stayed in the two story apartment which was prefect for me. Both had fireplaces. There were some issues with the internet, but Trish got it all sorted before I left. I'm planning another trip in the fall and hope to be able to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
BeechwoodLodge, Owner at Beechwood Lodge, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for the kind words,we look forward to seeing you again in the Autumn,
maybe, bring along some Florida sunshine with you !!! Trish

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Anyone wishing to find a a variety of types of good quality accommodation, with excellent value for money near the historical town of Trim, Co. Meath, would have to be very lucky to discover somewhere more beautifully set in mature woodland, and of similar comfortable high standards.

My own trip was originally booked online a month or so before my arrival, and I knew I had made a good choice when I received my confirmation email by proprietor, Mrs Patricia Smith, (a most wonderful woman, originally from Dublin), who sent me bus times from the Airport to Navan and then onto Trim,(a small, personal touch, but its these little things that really make you feel welcome!)

My week-long stay was on a B&B basis, (and what a breakfast!! Full Irish with home made bread, scones, with chutneys and fruit preserves made from the the bounty of Mrs Smith's garden...Set up a hungry golfer until well into the afternoon!)

My room was 'The Angling Room', a cosy ground floor villa (that was part of an small enclave of villas of varying sizes), with shower and wash room. Very very comfortable.

If you have a bigger party, and you seek something you could all share, there are I think around 20 detached modern villas, spaciously set throughout the woods, some even have large patio barbecues for that bigger friends and family summer gathering!

I thoroughly recommend Beechwood Lodge as a B&B, (and the self catering villas look really good value too..and if in the future I return to Trim, I know where I'll call first!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Hey Gary,

Thank you so much for the great comments, I hope the breakfast set you up nicely for your golfing competition each day , congratulations on getting into the final 16. You will be right up there next time on your home turf at St Andrews. We have a total of 6 holiday homes , with a total capicity of 35 people, you may have thought there were more among the woods.
We would love to see you back again anytime.
Happy Golfing -- Trish
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This was a great find! Our party of three adults stayed at Beechwood Lodge in one of the self catering units from April 21 through May 2. We had originally thought to stay in Trim, but decided to stay out of town a ways and prepare meals when we wanted. Not to disappoint, the two-bedroom unit was clean as could be, had everything we needed for a comfortable stay, including dishwasher, clothes washer, and very comfortable beds. Our unit had a sundeck overlooking the forest of ash, where we could sit outside and enjoy a glass. The location is peaceful and quiet, and gated from the road. It's only a few minutes to the villages of Trim and Summerhill, where you can buy groceries and petrol.
It's centrally located to all the historical sites in the area, such as th Hill of Tara, the burial tombs of Newgrange and Knowth, Trim Castle, the Boyne Valley, Melliphont Abbey and Monasterboice. Inernet service was spotty - sometimes we could get online, and sometimes not. We found Trish to be very friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed visiting with her. We'd certainly stay there again, and would recommend Beechwood Lodge to all our friends. This is also an eco friendly site, entirely heated with wood chippings harvested from their planned, renewable forest. A spa is available but we didn't use it, so cannot comment.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Hi Guys, Great to hear from you, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you were successful with the remainder of tracing the families. I really emjoyed my chats with you too. You also had some great weather while you were here. The dogs are missing you!!!
Hope to see you again soon.
Trish
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Beechwood Lodge was a welcome sight for us following a long flight from the US. It is located about 40 minutes from the Dublin Airport. Trish is a very gracious hostess and gave us a tour of our three bedroom apartment including a kitchen, 2 1/2 baths and a living room. Trish provided us with some scones and homemade jam along with some muffins. (Somehow they all disappeared during our 4 night stay...)

The location provided us with easy access to Trim and the other major tourist sites like Newgrange, Battle of the Boyne and several other sites. Trish even provided us with tape players to tour the Hill of Tara. She was able to suggest several restaurants (check out the Shanked Mare Restaurant) that were some of the best meals during our 15 day tour. We also chased some family history in Oldcastle which is located about 45 minutes from Beechwood Lodge.

Beechwood Lodge and the area have much to offer. This was our first trip to Ireland and Trish was the first local we met. She was most kind in answering all of our questions.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time for making your lovely comments its always appreciated.
It' s always nice to enjoy some home cooked food after a long flight, so glad you enjoyed it.
Meath is rich in heritage sights and now has a 200 klm driving route through the Boyne Valley,
you will have to return to give it a try. Hope you have a good summer. Trish
Dalbeattie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We loved our stay at Beechwood. We needed somewhere close to Trim to visit family and this was perfect - only five munutes drive. As other reviewers have noted, the welcome is warm and genuine, complete with homemade scones and jam (made from blackcurrants from the many fruit bushes around the grounds).
Our little boy (4y) really enjoyed himself and how could he not, what with the great amount of space to run around (no road to worry about), friendly dogs, lovely playpark, berries to pick and tennis court.
It was really peaceful and we all slept well at night and the house itself was comfy and well equipped.Had the weather been kinder, we would have definitely taken advantage of the green spaces, picnic tables and balcony and eaten al fresco as much as possible (maybe next year!).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Jonkoping, Sweden
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stated at Beechwood Lodge with our children 3 and 5 years old. It was a very warm welcome with scones and jam. The house was excellent and the surroundings very god for the children. No cars, nice dogs, many bushes with red berrys and playground and tennis court!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed April 18, 2010

The Beechwood Lodge in Trim was a wonderful place to stay with lovely bungalows, a kind and caring hostess, and a wonderful greeting commitee each with equipped with fluffy waging tails. Each bungalow is warm and cozy with a warm fire. The town of Trim itself is a lovely place with its own castle in ruins and wonderfully warm people. The landscape is a lovely shade of green with nice cool weather. It is the perfect town to soak up the culture and landscape of Ireland.

1 Thank TraveLover49