“Wonderful food”
Review of FRANZINIS

FRANZINIS
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Trim
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reastaurant set in a beautiful location ,beside the river at the steps of the majestic castle . Serving a varied menu of high quality local produce .Family friendly yet has a good buzz at weekends and later in the evening .full bar available
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Went here with husband and 6year old. Lovely menu and venue. Food was amazing and lovely location beside the castle. Highly recommend to anyone passing Trim!

3  Thank siobhanoc10

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner in franzini with a huge group for a birthday- 26 of us! The meal could not have gone better. The staff were fantastic, the food was great. It's not easy with such a big group and it was a great evening.

3  Thank HannahBlu
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Was in Franzinis for a Family Meal and from time we went in until we left could not complain .Aiden the Manager looked after us superbly along with other staff .The value of the food here is Fab .You won't leave it hungry and We will be back again soon ..Great Place...

2  Thank William M
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Had a reservation in Franzinis last night, had heard very positive feed back so decided to try it to celebrate my partners birthday.
Restaurant is lovely and has a great buzz about it. Decided on Nachos as an appetizer which were lovely and steak for main. I asked the server to recommend a wine with the steak she said “eh the house wine is good” !
The steak arrived and my partner and I both had difficulty cutting it with steak knives my pepper sauce was cold so was my baked potato I had asked for sour cream I didn’t get it and had to ask for it again. I sent my dinner back to heat up this time it came back with no pepper sauce. The onions were dripping in oil. We were so disappointed it honestly was the worst steak we ever got. Then we ordered desert, underwhelming would be a good description. It was meringue with whipped cream banana and toffee sauce, it was obviously sittin out somewhere it was not chilled it was floating in toffee sauce and cream tasted like the can of spray cream. My partner ordered the Eton mess which was no better.
The manager didn’t charge us for the wine, which we appreciated. But the whole experience was very disappointing and I wouldn’t go back again.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Came here with friends for an evening meal-sunday night. We were seated, asked what we would like to drink and given menus. We received our drinks pretty quick but took almost 25 mins before we got our orders taken-only one man is capable apparently. There were about 8-10 staff but none of them could take orders-which I found peculiar. As I say food was good but the side dishes are miniscule I got garlic potatoes and think around 2 baby potatoes were used to make the dish- this was very disappointing. Staff friendly but definately the service needs to run a bit smoother.