“Top Notch”
Review of FRANZINIS

FRANZINIS
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Trim
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reastaurant set in a beautiful location ,beside the river at the steps of the majestic castle . Serving a varied menu of high quality local produce .Family friendly yet has a good buzz at weekends and later in the evening .full bar available
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Fantastic food, vast range to choose from on menu and very good prices, pleasantly surprised with our bill. One of my favourite places to eat

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I regularly have customers, suppliers etc come to Ireland from all over the world and I would have business meetings over meals as well as showing off my beautiful country.
On this occasion I had the Director of a very important company in Italy over for a few days. On his last night I brought him to Franzinis having eaten in it many times throughout the years, we also were expecting two other professionals to join in our business dinner. I rang to make a reservation and was told the only sitting available that night was at 9.30 and we reconfirmed the time with a phone call on the day. When myself and the Italian arrived at 9.20 we were rushed to our table and asked instantly by two different waiters where the rest of our party was that they were closing the kitchen at 9.30 - why take our booking? Plus the other two werent even late at this point. A young waiter gave us a menu and told us to order quick, when we said we were still waiting on two more he said that we had to order our meals straight away regardless and then he stood beside us, pen and paper in hand with one foot up on the seat I was sitting on! I was disgusted, he also didn't leave as we read the menu and waited for us to decide, all the while another waitress called across 'have they decided yet, chef is closing the kitchen' - bear in mind this all happened BEFORE 9.30 our booking time. At exactly 9.30 the other members of our party arrived and I tried to make a joke of the situation as I was so embarrassed. The rest of our party was also herranged into ordering straight away and because the staff were so insistent on speed they just ordered the first thing they saw and didn't get to take their time reading the menu. While our food was adequate (nothing special either) the service continued to be dreadful, plates were handed to us and not put onto the table. orders were not as requested but we were glad that we managed to get fed so didnt mention this problem. After we got our desserts (which were actually delicious!) our waiter sat beside me on the chair (one side of the table was a long sofa style seating) and said 'jaysus, I'm bolloxed'! I was stunned as were my guests, one of whom was quite insulted by the language used. Needles to say the business meeting was sidelined as we were stunned into silence or else only commented on the disgraceful behavious of the staff. We had to rearrange the meeting for the following day and needles to say we just had it in the office conference room with a few sandwiches to keep us going. I was never so ashamed as I was that night, this meeting was important and I chose Franzinis from past experience, the views of the castle from it are amazing and I thought it would make a good place to make a goo impression. I couldnt have been more again. I will never, ever conduct business in franzinis in future. In fact I've had several clients come to me in Ireland since and Franzinis lost out on our custom.

4  Thank Nonie L
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went to Franzini with my friend for her birthday service and food was excellent. Great choice on the menu something for everybodys taste. The portions were very good size. Great value for the money. Well worth the visit I have the luxury of living nearby andcan. go any evening or weekend sample the fab food.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Best part of my stay in Trim would recommend this restaurant. Very varied menu also would suit groups.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff were excellent, so friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. The wine list was great with a lovely range of wines. The price was reasonable and I will be back. Well worth a visit...

1  Thank nursie40