“So nice it was the only place we stayed twice.”
Review of Tigh Cathain

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trim
Tigh Cathain
Ranked #1 of 9 Trim B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Service was excellent and it was the best rest we had on our trip around the west southern and east coasts of Ireland. We were on the road for seven days when we arived in Trim. We had no set plans and we were moving on a daily bases from one B&B to another. Seeing all of Ireland we could in a 10 day trip. We stayed in Trim with intentions to visit north and after site seeing head south of Dublin to stay at another B&B before returning our rental car. We had such a good time that we imediately changed plans to stay there one more night before heading into Dublin. Advise from the operator of the B&B, Sean, was spot on with everything from directions, afordable good food, some points of interest, and always where to find some good craic! We will be staying here again on future travels as it is close to Dublin and our experience was very good. I will be recomending Tigh Cathain to all my freinds and family who travel to Ireland. Thanks for an outstanding time!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed here for one night and the accommodations were comfortable except for the shower. We're used to the small showers, but this one shot water out of the door and soaked the floor. The rooms were clean enough, except the in-room teapot looked unwashed. The food was okay. The owner was busy and we had very little interaction with her (which is fine, but if you're looking for a chatty host, you may want to look elsewhere). Overall, it was a decent place and a good value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ChatChambord
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We drove to Trim after landing in Dublin after a long flight from Los Angeles. We couldn't have booked at a better place than Tigh Cathain. Our two night stay was exceptional. Marie made special arrangements to let us check in early (our flight landed at 8:30am local time) and she was extremely helpful in guiding us to the places we planned to visit (Trim, Newgrange, and the surrounding area).

Marie made us feel like family and she's an incredible cook. If we ever travel to County Meath again, there's no question that we'll plan a visit back to Tigh Cathain.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed a whole week, The room we had was very quiet and comfortable with a large bathroom and well equipped with all one needed. Marie and her husband were really helpful and went out of their way to make us feel at home and to sort out early breakfasts and tell us about local eateries for evening meals.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My friend and I loved staying at Tigh Cathain. Marie was a really lovely lady who couldn't do enough for us, always smiling and a great sense of humour..nothing was too much trouble and she made us feel extremely welcome from the moment we got there. The room was spacious and comfy, nice toiletries for us to use and a good nights sleep was had every night.
Great breakfasts, what ever you wanted and it was there on the table even very early in the morning.
It felt like a home for the week we were there, have stayed at many b&b's but this is the best by far.
A lovely stay and I would highly recommend staying here. Perfect.
Thanks Marie.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed two nights and it was my favorite B&B in all Ireland.White Irish linens in the bath and on the beds; fine Irish and English bone china everywhere; home-made preserves; eggs from their own hens; lotions & powders from Mark & Spence. The owner was lovely and she laid out a lovely "to go" breakfast for our 5 a,m for the airport, which was an easy 40 minute commute.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I'm sorry to say that my first night in Ireland was booked here weeks in advance of my arrival in July. The day prior - really almost too late for me to have received it - I got an e-mail stating that some kind of plumber work was being done, so I'd been booked at another B&B. Fortunately for me, the family friends (not an official Irish B&B) were absolutely wonderful and gracious. I cannot review them because they are not a B&B. The real problem was my decision to tour Trim Castle and let the sun set. I could not find my way back to the family house (no signs, obviously) and had to wait the Tigh Cathain until the owner appears - past midnight. My point - be sure to let her know that you DO want to stay with her. Be aware that she overbooks (no plumber).

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo