“Very confortable and friendly, nothing too much trouble”
Review of Tigh Cathain

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trim
Tigh Cathain
Ranked #1 of 9 Trim B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed a whole week, The room we had was very quiet and comfortable with a large bathroom and well equipped with all one needed. Marie and her husband were really helpful and went out of their way to make us feel at home and to sort out early breakfasts and tell us about local eateries for evening meals.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Tigh Cathain

Reviewed August 14, 2010

My friend and I loved staying at Tigh Cathain. Marie was a really lovely lady who couldn't do enough for us, always smiling and a great sense of humour..nothing was too much trouble and she made us feel extremely welcome from the moment we got there. The room was spacious and comfy, nice toiletries for us to use and a good nights sleep was had every night.
Great breakfasts, what ever you wanted and it was there on the table even very early in the morning.
It felt like a home for the week we were there, have stayed at many b&b's but this is the best by far.
A lovely stay and I would highly recommend staying here. Perfect.
Thanks Marie.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed two nights and it was my favorite B&B in all Ireland.White Irish linens in the bath and on the beds; fine Irish and English bone china everywhere; home-made preserves; eggs from their own hens; lotions & powders from Mark & Spence. The owner was lovely and she laid out a lovely "to go" breakfast for our 5 a,m for the airport, which was an easy 40 minute commute.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I'm sorry to say that my first night in Ireland was booked here weeks in advance of my arrival in July. The day prior - really almost too late for me to have received it - I got an e-mail stating that some kind of plumber work was being done, so I'd been booked at another B&B. Fortunately for me, the family friends (not an official Irish B&B) were absolutely wonderful and gracious. I cannot review them because they are not a B&B. The real problem was my decision to tour Trim Castle and let the sun set. I could not find my way back to the family house (no signs, obviously) and had to wait the Tigh Cathain until the owner appears - past midnight. My point - be sure to let her know that you DO want to stay with her. Be aware that she overbooks (no plumber).

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank LoveToTravelGA
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We spent our last night before leaving Ireland here after a day at Newgrange. The inn was very lovely and the beds comfortable. Mary, the owner is very accomodating and let me use her computer to check in my flight online. We had to catch an early morning flight and Mary set out a breakfast for us the night before! You will not be disappointed with your stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Tigh Cathain was our final night in Ireland and, it would appear, the trip saved the best for last. Marie Keane couldn't have been more accomodating of the six of us. The beds in both rooms were comfortable and the decor elegant (Laura Ashley). The breakfast was delicious. I would definitely return and recommend Tigh Cathain to anyone planning to stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2010

If you travel to Ireland........... ..do not miss this cozy, large roomed, beautifly decorated B&B that serves a great breakfast. This place is down a dead end lane................no traffic. Your host is great. For dinner we had a picnic on the table, under the trees in her front yard. Very peaceful and delightful. The real treat is not the castle its Tigh Cathain. Tim

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan
Highfield House
Highfield House
#2 of 9 in Trim

Been to Tigh Cathain? Share your experiences!