“Lovely B&B and excellent host!!”
Review of Tigh Cathain

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trim
Tigh Cathain
Ranked #1 of 9 Trim B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Just came back from 3 lovely nights at Tigh Cathain, we were definitely very happy with this place that made us feel at home!
The room was super cosy and lovely decorated, the bed was sooooo comfortable and the electric blanket was the extra touch we loved.
Breakfast was also very good, plenty of choice, amazing pancakes, warm croissants and great choice of jams, the best start for the day.
Marie was a lovely host, always had great tips for the day! We had a pretty bad episode with our little one vomiting during the nigh, all over the cot and linen and I was mortified to have tell her this in the morning...Marie was super supportive and did not for a second, make us uncomfortable, she actually ended up doing some laundry for us, that's how kind she was!!! We really felt at home!
I can only really recommend this place, sure you will love it!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank InesV

Reviewed November 13, 2011

A warm welcome.. a warm fire and and gloriously warm bed! This B&B is a peaceful rural retreat, it made the hustle and bustle of my home in London feel a million miles away. Marie is a great 'bean an tí' (hostess) she gave me lots of useful tips about the general area/pubs/restaurants etc. Added to this the hot croissants with fresh fruit and homemade jam, and I would have happily stayed another week! I'll definitely be back..

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was our last B&B before an airport hotel. We wound up staying three nights. This is Irish hospitality at its finest and what a lovely, lovely, home. Marie was an amazing hostess. Her homemade jams and jellies for breakfast were absolutely delicious. She always had a fire going for us when we returned at the end of the day after dinner. She was so very helpful, encouraging and kind and a wonderful conversationalist. She is a fantastic cook. Our room and bathroom were really very large and so clean and neat. This is a must B&B for anyone visiting Ireland. You will immediately become fond of Marie. We will miss her!!!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any room in this home!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was our first time staying in a B and B so we had hopes that it would live up to our fantasy expectations. It was everything we had hoped for and more. My daughter and I arrived in the evening and were greeted warmly by Marie who then showed us the beautiful sitting room, dining room, how to place our breakfast order then our room we would be staying in. It had beautiful while linens on the beds, china for tea and coffee, antiques and a beautiful view fo her garden and yard. The en suite bathroom was spacious and everything was impeccably clean. Breakfast was truly a gourmet experience. The fresh berries and fruit from her garden, homeade Irish soda bread, homeade jams, fresh eggs from her hens, delicious coffee, yogurt and much more. We stayed an a number of other B and B's while in Ireland, but this one was by far the BEST! Thank you Marie.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I loved staying at Tigh Cathain. Marie and Jim made the trip so special by being such thoughtful hosts. The rooms are all so adorable and en suite! The bathroom in the yellow room is larger than my kitchen with such a lovely tub. The breakfast was delicious and if you order the fruit most of it is from her beautiful garden. The homemade jams are spectacular....and I cannot imagine a breakfast without the Irish soda bread. She must have many Americans because her coffee is delicious and pot after fresh pot are made during breafast. I loved her beautiful tableware of all garden botanical patterns.

Marie has a knack to get to know her guests preferences. Every night my fresh spring water awaited me when I returned from my long days of golf, sight seeing, and the Solhiem Cup. On the rainest day she built a beautiful fire in the resident room for the guests. A nice touch.

A couple arrived to end their two week tour of Ireland. They had stayed at B&Bs across the country and they said that "Tigh Cathain was superior to all the rest!" It was nice to hear as we only stayed local but loved every moment.

Marie also was so thoughtful to arrange golf outtings, help us check in for our flight, and find us the perfect driver for the week - Paddy Banks.

Paddy was a responsbile, prompt, polite and charming guide for our trip. He made the trip extra specil and personal.

I cannnot wait to return to her beautiful home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Marie enjoys people. A wonderful host who is a mean cook and house keeper. Guests are offered very good facilities including a beautiful and spacious lounge room. We were made to feel so welcome for the 2 days we had the pleasure of staying. Highly recommended and great value.

Room Tip: Pick the yellow room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

A delightful bed and breakfast where we were made to feel very welcome. Our room was large, nicely decorated and had a homely feel. Breakfast was a real treat, plenty of choice and good quality produce. Home made bread and jams really added an extra special touch. I can also recommend the fresh fruit salad which was the most impressive I have ever seen. Marie was a great host and we will definately stay here again when we are next in Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family