“Rocking B&B!”
Review of White Lodge Trim

White Lodge Trim
Ranked #5 of 9 Trim B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My partner an I stayed In the White Lodge B&B for the Bon Jovi concert in Slane Castle recently for 2 days. We were met by Todd and right away made to feel at home, Greeted with a smile and a coffee and some toast (before we had even unpacked!), which we were ready for after our long journey. Our room very spacious, clean and with all extras needed for a comfortable stay. Great sleep in a very comfortable bed also was followed by an amazing selection for breakfast. Cereals,porridge,yoghurts,freshfruits and a full cooked irish breakfast. Tea or Coffee (freshly filtered and delicious..not the usual instant you find elsewhere. We had a great time in Trim and Todd explained all the local tourist attractions to visit also. All in All we had an unforgettable weekend and our great stay in the White Lodge B&B was the icing on the cake thanks to Todd and his Family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bonjovi788

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my Bucket List Trip of My Lifetime & the first place I stayed was with White Lodge B&B for 3 nights. Todd was just so helpful, over & above what most would do. The room was comfortable, clean & fresh, as was the bathroom. The smorgasbord he lies out each morning for breakfast & then on top of that cooks an Irish Breakfast to order is unbelievable! He & Aileen invited me to go to the Pub with them. I had been asking about the old Townland my great grandparents worked & Todd said the bartender at the Pub would know. Sure enough, the bartender called his folks & they told us where it was. The next day Todd drove me there so I would be able to find it. The following day on my way out of town I went there & rang the gate bell to the estate my great grandparents worked back in 1871. The owners were so gracious & showed me all around. The little thatched cottage my great grandfather lived in as a land steward is still there & I rang that bell & was welcomed in also. If it wasn't for Todd going out of his way for a stranger I would not have connected to my great grandparents back in 1871. Thank you Todd & Aileen for your wonderful hospitality & making an old lady feel safe & welcomed.

Room Tip: Ground floor accommodations make it easier for us older citizens of the world. No stairs! Good par...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We called two days in advance and got a room (our plans had changed and we decided to go to Trim). The man is nice and helpful. The place itself is cute and very sunny. I liked the decor. However, the room was a bit on the dusty side though- not super clean. Breakfast was good though. The hosts were very gracious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed three nights in Trim at the White Lodge. The room was spacious as well as the bath. The sitting area was very comfy. Todd was a great host and very helpful with questions and directions. The town is within walking distance from the B&B. The breakfast was wonderful. We drove into Dublin for the day and Todd told us where to park and catch the bus into town. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My dad and I stayed at White Lodge a few nights ago and it was fantastic! The rooms were very comfortable and the hosts were accommodating and friendly as well as wonderful cooks. It had a very homey feel, which is always nice and comforting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We just stayed at White Lodge B & B for our second time in April of 2013. Everything was just as great as our first visit four years ago. On each of our visits to Ireland we were asked,"Who is our family in Ireland?" The hospitality that Todd and Aileen gave us made us feel just like familyl So from now on, we will have an answer to that question. Our experience staying with them, was the "icing on the cake" for our trip to Ireland, They made our trip to Ireland just that much "sweeter". We are sending our grandson and his bride to Ireland in June and we have booked them a room at White Lodge for them to explore Trim and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a perfect B&B to start or end your vacation. This one is a tie of the 7 that we stayed in. Todd is extremely helpful and the accommodations are better than most for this rating. The room was on the ground floor, which was a wonderful surprise (most are on the 1st/2nd floor . . . the number depends on if you're American or European). This was our last stop and we were able to bring in all our luggage and souvenirs and repack everything. He has a car park in the back of the B&B and we were just a few steps from our room. This would also be great for those just arriving in Ireland and want to pack just a day's worth of clothing in their carry-on. We were there on Good Friday (a bit of a problem in Ireland as all the pubs are closed) but he had recommended the Trim Hotel (another 5 star rating from me . . . a 5 course gourmet dinner for 25 Euros). The Lodge is just a 10 minute walk from the Trim Castle and the city center. The breakfast was also better than most. Not just the usual "Irish breakfast" but he also had cheeses, yogurt, poached eggs, fruit, and other menu items. The location is a bit tricky to plug into a GPS (unless you can do coordinates) but if you have Rick Steves' book, there is an excellent map as it is located on the main road.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends