“Excellent local eaterie”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Navan
“Excellent local eaterie”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent food, three of us enjoyed it immensely. Chips are to die for! Friendly welcome and good service, highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GeorgeH478

Minnesota, USA
“Nice place, great pints and hearty food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A perfectly done filet, fabulous spicy chicken wings, and roast of lamb all with wonderful pints! Super busy and the poor waitresses were running ragged, our meal was a bit delayed but I have to truly compliment them on that as the food was not sitting on a warming plate waiting to come, they have the sense to wait to cook it and deliver perfectly timed and hot. Then we were given free dessert and Irish coffee for our tiny wait. Too kind. I would highly recommend eating here, nice place close to Trim but with a country feel.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank scattershot
Meath, Ireland
“Quality homemade food at a decent price”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We arrived just as they were opening to serve food so it was very quiet. There were 2 nice stove fires to warm the place and give the homely country pub feel. The lady serving was very friendly and efficient, couldn't fault the service.

I had the butternut squash soup to start which was gorgeous accompanied by some warm fresh brown bread.

For main course I went for the fillet steak. The cut of meat was perfect. It was really tender and very very good. The only reason I would dock a mark was that it was overcooked. I asked for medium rare and it came out well done.

All in all a very positive experience and will definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
“Country fare”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice country pub not much to look at from the outside but please do go in you won't be disappointed staff are freindly and kids were welcome with an art comp kept them bizie, food was off a very high standard good value too will be back;-)

Trim, Ireland
“Shanksmare is a gem in the country”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visit Shanksmare at least once a month as from my first visit I was hooked. At this stage I have found my favourite item. Their Chicken Curry!!!! Yum. Always friendly service, and good food! Try the chicken wings. They rival the best wings out there. My girlfriend loves the stir fry which thankfully has returned to the menu. I have brought many family members here and we have alway been happy leaving. Well worth the visit and not over priced.

• Visited August 2012