“Gobsmacking Good”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

It's been a while since I have been to thePod but have always enjoyed the Experience Went there Saturday with my daughter as our regular genius of a cook Ie my wife was away in London so no Pinnies were to be seen .Very impressed with the choice of Menus as it covered a multitude of choices We both had starters Piri Piri prawns and Goats cheese both Excellent mains I had 3 Little Piggys Ie 3 different sections of Pig beautifully cooked and presented with a jacket potato which worked really well Tara had Thai Curry with coconut milk which she loved very rich but flavoursome Once again the Desert Menu really interesting with loads of choices but beware very filling if you have had starters and mains I take my Hat off to the Chef who has put this Menu together as his choices are Exciting and cover all Palates coupled with great Presentation and Service you can't go wrong Overall a fantastic Evening well done to all at the Pod take a Bow .Would highly recommend this little Oasis here in Kells regards Denis Mc Grath

1  Thank dennymcgrath11

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I ate here recently and had a lovely romantic evening. The ambience was a delight with subdued lighting and candlelit tables. The staff were friendly and helpfull, the menu was sophisticated and beyond reproach. The food when it arrived was a delight to the eye and the palate and represented great value for money all round.
We look forward to returning very soon.

1  Thank ellie016
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Food is just great!!! Lovely menu and plenty of choice - cooked to order - keep up the great work :)

1  Thank Jenbabe1982
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a wonderful meal here last Saturday. The restaurant was really busy and the atmosphere was lovely.

We ate from a set menu which had a fantastic array of choices and excellent gluten free options. The lady who looked after us had great knowledge of the menu and was happy to answer any queries we had.

The food was out of this world. Great portion sizes and very tasty, fresh and well cooked food was the order of the day! This was accompanied by a nicely balanced wine list.

The Service and Value were exceptional. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Loved this restaurant, enjoyed the service and the food.

We visited a couple of times between 2005 & 2007