“Great service, food, accommodation and staff”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kiltimagh
Dublin, Ireland
“Great service, food, accommodation and staff”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

After reading a review titled “A Disgraceful Hotel” I had to write about my own experience of this hotel. I was in the hotel on 14th June 2014, the same night as Sinead and my experience and view of this hotel couldn't be more different. The service was great, food was excellent, staff friendly and accommodation in line with what you would find in a Holiday Inn or Carlton Hotel.

I was at my Aunts birthday in the function room that is just off the bar and there was a "Stars in their eyes" large function, a local school fund raiser I believe, in the main function room. We had a buffet, the food was excellent and they piled the plate so high I couldn't even finish it all. A waitress came around to offer people the opportunity to go up for seconds and then a manager offered the same when she came to make sure everyone was enjoying the food.

I went back to my room around 1.30/2 to drop off an instrument as the party was winding down and found the door to the bar closed on my return and had to get the lady on reception to let me back through. When I went to the bar I was told it was closed so I asked was there not a residents bar, to which they apologized they hadn't realized I was a resident and cold get a drink once I charged it to the room which I did. By about 2.30am the bar was totally empty and everyone was gone from outside with the exception of myself and four of my cousins who stayed chatting in the bar until around 4am when we finally called it a night, we were the last people up in the hotel and the place was in complete silence.

Highly recommend this hotel for any functions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gcathal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The manager and staff couldn't do enough for us so pleasant and helpful. we had our daughters wedding there and she picked it from been to weddings there. This is another great hotel we have stayed in while in Co, Mayo our guests had the height of praise for the hotel, we will definitely be back again for dinner. It would be a lovely away from home to spend time and relax.

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor and it was quiet, a lovely spacious clean airy room with plenty of space.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tom r
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was invited to lunch at the Park Hotel Restaurant, to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, with a friend, (local farmer) his nephew & family. We arrived at 2PM, (after the men had completed their farm chores). About 25 minutes after our arrival, we were informed by a wait staff member, it would be at least a half an hour till a table was available, and, we should have made a reservation, (no drinks were offered, nor, any munchies in the lounge area) at this point, if I were alone, I would have left. We were finally seated about 3PM, over 15 minutes passed, till our orders were taken, we were then informed our first choices were unavailable, the staff made mention, it was a very busy day, I certainly wished an hour earlier, the staff would of informed us of the specials, or, offered us the menu to choose from.

I ordered the roast lamb, wait staff placed 5 rolls/bread slices on the table, (for the six of us). Our meals arrived, I needed a magnifying glass to see the shaved bits of lamb, (I doubt the carver was able to get any more off the bone for another serving) the veggies were cold, a very poor presentation. If you run out of food, don't except more guests...

Shame on my friend for not making a reservation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kesh_grammy
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Sorry for the delay in writing a review, we spent an overnight stay in February for a birthday celebration meal (six adults and a toddler). All staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. We had a fantastic time. We had a lovely meal and all staff were very attentive during serves. The restaurant was very busy that evening with a number of different parties going on. I have got to say that everyone who attended that evening was very well looked after. Everyone within our party enjoyed their meals. We all stayed overnight and enjoyed the lovely clean rooms; the only slight problem was the shower trays filling up very quick while having a shower. The breakfast was buffet style but if you required anything staff were very happy to help. We had a lovely time and would like to thank all the staff for their hard work. We would definitely recommend the Park Hotel for any family event and look forward to a return visit. Thank you all staff for making our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anna L
England
Reviewed April 24, 2014

A very nice hotel, the highlight is the great breakfast and dinner service. The rooms are also large. I think you would need a car if staying here but I imagine that this will not be a problem for most people.

It was a shame there was no spa. We also a had a strange thing happen with our keys as they deactivated every day after 12.

I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The essence of a family run hotel. Cant say enough about my several stays here, I was really well looked after.. From breakfast to dinner the food is excellent. Sincere thanks Claire and to all your staff. Hope to get back sometime soon, it been too long.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Northop, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We held my parents 65th wedding anniversary and my mother's 90th birthday at Park Hotel attended by 90 people the food, service, staff were outstanding cannot praise them enough everyone praised it. Well done to Clare, Oonagh and all the team! 5 star food and service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiltimagh
McWilliam Park Hotel
Westport Woods Hotel
Westport Woods Hotel
#11 of 14 in Westport
Great National Hotel Ballina

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!