“The Gathering”

Park Hotel Kiltimagh
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kiltimagh
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed there recently at the James Street Gathering. The staff were friendly. It was good to see some familiar faces Mary Stenson and Cepta Mc Donnell at the breakfast. I feel there could have been more staff on that Sunday morning to help with the clearing of tables as Mary and Cepta had enough to do with serving the clients. The bedroom was nice as I requested to be near a lift. The food at the night of the gathering was simply delicious. Cepta looked after me so well with my dietary requirements and even brought me out a lovely fresh fruit salad. The music in the bar was great as the young loved the disco. It was a great night and the staff made it for all of us. This was my first time staying in the hotel and will recommend it to many. I have eaten many times in the bar and have found Niamh very helpful and friendly. . Well done girls.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank UrsulaJordanHanley
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Kiltimagh

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Travelling around Ireland for a week I needed a relaxing atmosphere to recharge the batteries. The Park Hotel provided that and more some. I was greeted with smiles and warmth by the staff. They were very helpful with questions I had of the area and provided great suggestions for me to experience in the area. The rooms were warm, the food delicious. Anyone wanting a pleasureable stay in the West of Ireland stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here recently with a tour group from Manchester and we had a brilliant time altogether. It was such a wonderful experience. From breakfast, to lunch, to dinner, everything was really delicious and there was great choice! The rooms were a very big size and were really comfortable. The reception area is just after being done up and it looks beautiful, great job guys!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank room305
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We needed a weekend away and I picked Mayo. Its was class. The staff greated us with a nice smile and the room was so comfortable.
I have a properly cooked fillet steak and my better half got a veggie dish specially prepared. We will be back.

Room Tip: Nice quiet country setting
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm just back from a lovely relaxing weekend in the Park Hotel. The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for me and my friend. We had dinner in the cafe bar which was delicious! The room was clean and warm and to my satisfaction. Our stay was most enjoyable and will definately be coming back again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hi

I had an interview in the locality of this hotel and decided to stay overnight. Big Mistake. On arrival the reception was vacant. Five minutes later the receptionist shows up. I hand in my suit to be pressed and asked for it to be in my room for seven thirty. No problems I was told. I went up to my room which was freezing. It was early so I presumed the heat would start in the early evening.

Went to the bar, it was vacant. 20 minutes wait and the receptionist walks in to man the bar with the phone to her ear. I ordered seafood chowder. The chef sticks his head out of the kitchen looking for service and the receptionist/bar woman runs in to get my chowder while the portable phone she left on the bar is ringing like mad. The chowder came out with thick skin covering it. I ate it anyway as I was hungry. I had 2 more pints whenever the receptionist had time to pour them.

I went to bed only to be eaten alive by whatever was in my bed. No one answered the reception phone so I had to strip the duvets and sheets and use towels from the bathroom the line the bed. The next morning dazed and tired I ran to the shower only to find the thermostat broken - I had scalded my legs at this stage so I had the pleasure of filling a bath a seven in the morning. No suit arrived to the room so I rang reception who swore it was done and would be straight up to my room ("when she had a minutes") . Off to breakfast only to find a cleaning lady with an iron in her hand rolling it over my expensive suit, on the outside of the suit.

I requested a call back form the manager - I was told there would no manager in till the following day. That was two weeks ago and I'm still waiting. This is a hotel I will be recommending to people I don't like. I was wrecked going into that interview .........

Room Tip: There are no good rooms if the are filled with bed bugs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
11  Thank Allen B
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Cafe Bar in the Park Hotel Kiltimagh offers very good value for money and very good food. The menu is varied and suits all tastes. Staff are well versed on the menu and are freindly and attentive. Its a good place to have a nice meal in pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiltimagh
Cill Aodain Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knock
The Gateway Hotel
The Gateway Hotel
#1 of 1 in Swinford

Been to Park Hotel Kiltimagh? Share your experiences!