“Nice hotel but staff & service issues” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kiltimagh
Galway
“Nice hotel but staff & service issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Firstly this hotel is modern and very nicely furnished. I didn't stay here overnight but I attended a function and then dined the following day.
Function - Pros - room well laid out, hotel is in a nice setting, plenty of parking.
Cons - bar staff extremely slow in the function room and only 3 on for a large bar on a busy night. Crazy. No mini bottles of sauvignon blanc wine, no west coast cooler, bottles of coors were warm.

Dining - This was not a good experience which was very disappointing as the hotel as so much going for it and surely a basic of a good hotel is food.
- Staff very slow again. Three young girls behind the bar chatting away, I was totally ignored. Eventually went to the bar to ask to place an order. It was so quiet in there that this is inexcusable. It is basic courtesy to ask a customer if you can help in any way when they enter your premises. This was the bank holiday Monday of March and I heard all about what they got up to at the weekend before forcing my order upon them.

-Food was mediocre, and that is being generous. The soup was like a bowl of salt. The turkey was dry and obviously reheated which isn't good enough. Needless to say dessert & coffee were not chanced.

- The table we sat at had a groove about an inch in from the edge of it. In this groove there is remnants of food from God knows when. I spotted rice, carrot and bread in here. Again this is so basic - hygiene standards must be met and a clean table is the bare minimum expected, especially on a quiet day. Granted this groove would need to be hoovered in order to remove all the food particles but this shouldn't be an issue.

It is a shame that this is the second time I encountered these issues as it has put me off dining somewhere that my family and I would ordinarily frequent if the standards were good enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jeanbops
Dear Jean

I am disappointed to read your review of our hotel. We aim to ensure that all our customers have an enjoyable experience and you did not recieve this on your recent visit to our hotel.

I have taken all comments on board and as with all customer feedback good and bad. We will always aim to do better and have usually have a good reputation for food and serivce.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the future and thank you for taking the time to write a review

Claire Mc Dermott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have just returned from a 4 day trip to Kiltimagh, and stayed at the Park Hotel. I would visit it again in a blink, and would love to take my family. The hotel is very tidy, the rooms are big and comfortable and the staff are all friendly and polite. But, don't expect a decent nights sleep. The walls are paper thin, you could hear a sparrow fart in a tree. The double glazing on the windows offer no sound proofing at all. I was disturbed at least twice a night during my three night stay. Which really did spoil the trip for me. Don't be put off too much by this review, it really is a nice hotel, just take some earplugs.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Albert

Thank you so much for your kind review, especially when you had trouble with noise. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please contact me directly to make your reservation to ensure that we can accommodate you in a quiter part of the hotel.

Claire Mc Demott
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Beautiful Hotel. Hidden away in the country. Very near Knock if you were wanting a place to stay when visiting. However the music from the disco/ wedding was soo loud I could not get asleep until it stopped. When I paid the following day I clearly stated this to the Reception Desk. Yet they just apologied. Perhaps I should have rang down in the middle of the nite when the music was pumping to complain. However the breakfast was lovely. But I would deffinatelty not stay in this hotel on a weekend night due to the music.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jerronimo

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your very kind words regarding your stay. I am sorry that you nights sleep was so badly interupted with noise. We do try to have guests that are not attending our functions in a separate area of the hotel so as not to disturb them. I apologise that this was not the case during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and please contact me directly to make your reservation

09493 74922
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

The reception staff were efficient and could not have been more helpful and friendly. The reception area is welcoming with lots of information about the area. Our room was big, clean and pleasant with two double beds which were very comfortable. We had dinner in the bar as there was a small private function in the restaurant and only one other table occupied. On my last visit we had a superb meal in the restaurant so I was disappointed, but it was Nov and the hotel is in a fairly remote area. We had found most places were quiet. Our meal in the bar was delicious and from quite a wide menu. The service was excellent and we found all the staff in this hotel to be attentive and supremely concerned to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. The best hotel we found in Ireland. We did not use the spa service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peartreelot
noel64, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel, it means alot to myself and our staff. Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. We aim that all our guests enjoy the hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near furture , please do not hesitate to contact me with regard to your reservation

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Great hotel in a suitable central location to see all the sights of Kiltimagh, the staff were very helpful and kept good humour during the notorious cake incident that occurred in the small hours of the morning and provided suitable cleaning materials !

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank nelliej67
noel64, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you for your review, we really enjoyed having you and your family stay with us and look forward to welcoming you all back to our hotel for another family occasion!

Limerick Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

as we were flying out from Knock on an early flight we stayed in this hotel as it was close by and offered a shuttle drop off too and fro to the airport - which was great as it took the hassle and extra cost of parking at the airport.
we arrived at this hotel to helpful courteous staff.
The rooms are only ok nothing WOW but it did the job
We eat in the bar that evening where it was doing a very busy trade. Food was ok
All in all this hotel is ideal if your flying out from Knock airport and you need a stopover

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank dood8
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

I found this hotel when looking for somewhere to stay when visiting Knock. I called the hotel as I could not book a triple room online and was very surprised to get offered a better rate than the online double rate! The staff were extremely friendly and more than helpful. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. Our stay was on a Friday night and it felt like there was only about 15 people staying in the hotel as the bar was practically empty. I have no doubt that this is due to the times that are in it and not a reflection of the hotel. Breakfast was delicious and again staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LSwee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiltimagh
Cill Aodain Court Hotel
Knock House Hotel
Knock House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knock
Great National Hotel Ballina

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!