“Great lunch”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had lunch last week in Tubridy's.
I opted for the traditional fish & chip. It was the best fish & chip in all of county Clare. The cod was skinned and very lightly battered - excellent!
The lunch and dinner menu have a good range of choices and prices are very competitive.
Facilities in the bar and restaurant are very good, staff are friendly and service was excellent.
Will definitely revisit

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had been to Tubridy's about two years ago with my sisters. The food was average then, as was the decor. Not so any more. The refurbishing does wonders for atmosphere and really lifts the place. I ate here on 25th July with my husband for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and we really enjoyed the food. The fishcake was so fresh and a perfect starter. We both ordered the Seabass main and got three well sized pieces of fish that tasted devine. My only disappointment was the Potato Gratin. While my husband loved it, It wasn't gratin to me, more mash really. But the leeks mixed through it where gorgeous so i was alright! The dessert - Sticky Toffee Pudding.. Yum! Can honestly say that Tubridy's is up to the standard of its co restuarant in doonbeg i.e. Morrissey's but without the wait.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

No soap, no hand towels, service too slow. The food was good and with a reasonably priced early bird, restaurant setting was nice. I would have been annoyed to pay the full price for what we got.

1  Thank Browneire
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Decor lovely, Staff very friendly Ive eaten here a few times and used to love it but food the last time was definitely not of the high standard Ive experienced before.

1  Thank Ang12Irl
Reviewed July 24, 2013

we had dinner there after receiving a strong recommandation from our guide/chauffeur. The place is not lively and out of 8 at our table 3 had some more or less serious stomach problems during the night and the day after. Overall not a good expreriende

1  Thank St-Bruno123