“I'll Be Back!!!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Doonbeg
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went to the Igoe Inn last Saturday 6th April. It was our first stop in Doonbeg and it set the bar high! Really attentive and welcoming staff, cosy restaurant and hearty food. Great to find these hidden gems and felt I had to spread the word!

1  Thank TN586

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just back from The Igoe inn after a lads weekend and I have to say its a wonderful place to visit, as soon as you walk in the door you feel at home. The couple who own the place are wonderfully friendly and full of craic, but not only are the people friendly, the food is also delicious! The accommodation was also first rate, I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about the place, I'll be back there the first chance I get!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

i have just had the most fantastic St Patrick's weekend ever and it is thanks to the hospitality of the Igoe Inn in Doonbeg !!! The food was excellent and craic was mighty. I was amazed by the warmth of the couple who own the place it was so professionally run but you still felt you were in a family enviroment !!!
I cannot recommend this place enough ! definitly worth a visit!!!

1  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful Easter weekend at the Igoe inn in Doonbeg, Co Clare. Owners, Mick and Caroline made us feel like we were long lost family from the outset of our stay! Great Craic (and great Guinness!) was had by all in the lovely bar after we had enjoyed a delicious meal in the restaurant (my wife said her steak was one of the best ever !!). Accommodation was 1st class too. Can't wait to go back in the summer.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I ordered a seafood chowder and what came out was obviosly gone off by the smell alone. I had taken one spoon of the chowder when my taste buds told me something was badly amiss. I sent it back only to have more of the same arrive back out, so the whole pot was contaminated. I cancelled my starter and main course and waited for the rest of the group to finish. I had food poisoning a few hours later. The Igoe Inn will never get another cent from me again. Disgusting and terrible service on top of that, trying to ignore me when I said that their chowder was not fit for human consumption. Avoid like the plague.

7  Thank luap_42
Igoe I, Owner at The Igoe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

My name is Caroline Kennedy and I am the owner and manager of the Igoe inn bar and restaurant in Doonbeg, County Clare, Ireland.

The comments made in this review have caused great distress to myself, my husband and our staff. I believe that this claim of food poisoning is totally false and was posted with the sole intention of damaging me, and the reputation of my restaurant.

I have absolutely no objection to unbiased reviews and websites that facilitate their publication. However, food and beverage is my livelihood and an allegation of food poisoning - in this profession - is about as serious as it gets.

I have asked tripadvisor to remove this post but they have stated that LUAP_42 has not broken any of their submission guidelines with regard to the posting of this review.
So, I would just like to make a couple of points here, myself, with regard to this review – as it is the only avenue available for me to do so.

This individual claims that they visited my restaurant and suffered food poisoning in May 2012, but obviously did not feel it was important enough to warrant any comment at the time – instead waiting a further 10 months before posting a review.

As well as being the owner and manager of the establishment, I am also the chef. I take huge pride in the fact that a dish has NEVER been returned to the kitchen in the 14 years that we have been serving food at the Igoe inn. I am 100% certain that this incident did not occur, having also consulted with the other kitchen staff and the waiting staff.

If a dish WAS returned to our kitchen, and there was even the slightest hint that it might be “gone off”, it goes without saying that the whole batch, and all the ingredients that went into it, would be dumped immediately and a full refund given to the customer. This is, and always has been, our policy.

I am shocked and angry that unsubstantiated allegations of such a serious nature were published without medical evidence having been sought from the individual in question (that they did indeed suffer food poisoning after visiting my restaurant).
As you can see this review/rating was totally unusual and contrasts markedly with all the other reviews of my establishment, which have all been positive.

Finally, I would just like to thank all my genuine customers for their regular patronage and kind reviews. We are all looking forward to another great season at the Igoe inn!

Thanks