Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$174
eDreams$174
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2019

I think this is my first less than 4 stars review, so let's say I'm not too critical about hotels. I've also been here before and was really content, so this might be something temporary, I don't know. But. For the advertised price (I didn't pay for it, it was a business trip) the food was flat out awful, parking was chaotic to say the least, and ... well... if you ask the 50 people who arrive to your hotel to an event to check out early, the very least you should do is to prepare for it. 2 receptionist, one of whom seemed to be an intern or something is not the way to go. I'd also have some questions about the 27% service fee in the bar for a service where.. um.. I went right to the bar to order. I also didn't really understand why they couldn't arrange for the mechanic work to start after our event, but that was just kind of the last straw.
Good parts: the sauna section was fine, the rooms are still spacious and clean, and aside from being painfully slow at checkout, the staff was polite with us.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2018

It really is a top hotel, service, food, rooms, everything was simply outstanding. The food and general friendliness was certainly better than most hotels I have been to.

The one slightly disappointing thing for me was the pool. The sauna area was really top class, but the pool is far too small, and the kids pool is an afterthought and is basically good for nothing.

Other than that, we had an excellent stay. The kids animation was particularly good, the girls who were doing it were so friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2018

If you consider to see lake Balaton, and you prefer a stylish resort on the lake, Wellamarin is the right choice.
The hotel is next to Balaton, on the south cost, what means the water is shallow and you can walk about 50-100m, untill it gets deeper.

The hotel is about 7 years old, it means the design and facilities are reflecting the latest trends. It is modern, fancy, luxury and practical. The rooms are well equipped, and it has a balcony as well, from where you can enjoy the view of the lake and the sunset.

restaurants and food: on the top, thanks to the shef. Wellnes: one of the best at Balaton. You will enjoy during the wintertime as well.

generally: the hotel is extreamly well managed, the staff is for you, they are for your service, they want you to return!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SandorStrublik
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I don't recommend this hotel to anybody who has great taste in food and overall design. The hotel is deffinitely not a 4 star quality. The receptionist intentionally misinformed us about the cancellation fee, so we needed the help of the Booking customer service to clear the issue. Choose another hotel, this one is unfortunately not worth it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TVtimpo
Reviewed August 1, 2018

rooms clear, elegant, perfect hotel, perfect breakfast and dinner. The pools and the saunas are clear and as on the pictures. The hotel is next to the Balaton, but the beach in the winter is empty, no buffets, restaurants, coffieteries...only in summer.

Date of stay: March 2018