We stayed for a week in two bedroom apartment which was nice and spacious and also very clean. No problems with checking in, on fact the receptionist was very friendly and gave us all the info about car parking and facilities etc. However what he failed to tell us was the cost of the car parking, cleaning etc so this came as a total surprise to us when we checked out. I mean RCI is not the cheapest holiday option in general and one still has to pay extras in every location. Never mind, that didn't spoil our holiday. The kitchen lacks basic kitchenware such us frying pan and a kettle. Our friends bought a frying pan as they wanted to cook bacon in the mornings. One shouldn't have to buy kitchenware to a holiday apartment. One issue that annoyed us the most was the fact that the cleaners turned up every morning around 10 am the latest. Most mornings we were still having our breakfast and since we didn't speak Hungarian and the cleaners didn't speak English, we couldn't even ask them to come back later. One morning they turned up at 9.30 am and we had just started our breakfast. They took the rubbish and obviously tried to communicate with us about when to come back. However because of the language barrier we didn't reach any kind of understanding so the cleaners left looking quite pissed off and left our apartment without cleaning that day. And that's what we had to pay for! One day we discovered 'do not disturb' sign in our apartment (no idea why we didn't see it on our first day already) and started using that. The cleaners started from another apartments first and came to do our apartment after we had left. We didn't use the facilities that much as we spent majority of our time elsewhere. However we used the jacuzzi and saunas once and it was ok, nothing special. We ate on the restaurant twice and the biggest problem was that the menu was in Hungarian and German and we had to figure out from that what we were going to eat. Well, I could expect that in restaurants outside the hotel but I would definitely expect the hotel restaurant to have an English menu. We had to use google translator to translate the menu as the waitress on our first night didn't speak English at all. However despite of that, managed to get a delicious meal. On second time there was another waitress who spoke English, so she helped us with the menu. All in all our stay was pleasant, the weather was nice and springlike and we enjoyed the nearby towns and restaurants a lot. The location is good and there are lots of interesting places to visit in the areas nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment hotel for families, wellness, spacious rooms for the family, between the Lake Balaton and Heviz Spacious apartments, large green area, plenty of entertaining and wellness opportunity, only a stone throw away from Heviz and the Lake Balaton - the Club Dobogomajor offers you the perfect place for a summer vatacion, active holiday or for a romantic getaway. Explore the Balaton area, play a round of tennis, expolre the land from the saddle of the bike or a horse, or just relax and enjoy the numerous wellness and beauty service sin the resort! Located five minutes both from downtown Heviz and the famous Thermal Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Dobogomajor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Dobogomajor Hotel Cserszegtomaj
- Club Dobogomajor Hungary/Cserszegtomaj