“Quality, location, good taste”

Kazarma Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Karditsa
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This really beautiful hotel is located near the Lake Plastiras in Central Greece. Apart from it's unique view, those who own the hotel have a very good taste. Really nice rooms, tidy, all made of wood and rocks. Staff friendly. Try the spa, is really nice. Absolutely astonished!
You can pay a visit throughout the year, I prefer late winter and autumn. Pay a visit to the lake, it's a must.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 10, 2012

This hotel is really nice! I've had a double room with a view at the lake and a fireplace and I have to admit that the whole thing was awsome!
Service was also very good. The staff was really polite and willing to help me or Inform me for anything anytime.
Bathroom was large comfortable and clean. And they offer you some really cute shampoos, conditioners, soaps and shower gels (a bit of a luxuty here!)!
They've had a variety of products for breakfast and a nice Internal parking area.
Wifi was perfect and internet was fast as the wind!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view to the lake
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nice place but should start following laws and not allow smoking in dining areas, caves,reception...also people are not very friendly, once I was walking and looking around and they nearly interrogated me as if I was trespassing. They charge for the use of the fireplace but this is not mentioned anywhere.they also charge for the use of the coffee machine in the room!did not enjoy breakfast,good quantity but no traditional products, not even local cheese and sweets. The place though is very clean and really nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chicabianca
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed with my friend for 2 nights!The hotel is really amazing!and the rooms!and the price is really good!the food is perfect and the restaurant staff and the chef very friendly!however receptionists do not know anything about service!we were asking suggestions of how we can spend our days there and they were looking us like alien!not to mention that even if the use of the spa area was included to the price, it was closed!It needed 3 phone calls during my stay there in order to open it , but still the sauna and the ha-mam was never open!finally we didn't do anything.Moreover, the corridors at the public areas were really dirty . Both two days same bugs same place . Of course I would recommend this hotel but it is a shame such a hotel to has such poor quality of service

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank evangelia x
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I spent this Christmas at Kazarma hotel and I am very pleased that I chose this particular hotel.
The first inpression was very positive and so it remained for the whole of my stay.
Having kids with us we were very pleased to see Santa Claus greeting them wehn we arrived! Also Santa Claus visited all rooms with childred (upon arrangement with their parents) to offer them gifts! There is also a nice supervised playground for the kids to play. In general there were plenty of activities for children and they did enjoy them all.
Now as far as the hotel itself is concerned it is very impressive and well built. The decoration is very nice with local traditional touches. The fireplaces were creating a very nice atmosphere in all venues. The breakfast was nice and rich with cold and hot items but the lack of fresh orange and/or grapefruit juice is something that I did not like. I beleive they should include fresh orange juice in the breakfast.
The restaurant is fantastic when it operates a la carte. The menu offers a variety of items ranging from local tastes to grilled meats and even fish. The menu prices are reasonable and the servings are generous. While in a la carte mode everything was perfect, the night before Christmas we had a nice buffet function with nice live music. My only "complaint" is that some of the buffet items were at room temperature instead of being hot as they should.

All in all, Kazarma was a very pleasant surprise for me and I will come and visit it again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed for three days just before Christmas. The room (standard deluxe double room) was very clean, cosy and warm. The restaurant was very good and the bar with the big fireplace was great !Staff not so helpfull (esp. lady in the spa- she was almost rude -the premises are trully beautiful but you need the right attitude from the people of the hotel to relax and explore all the different treatments).
I believe it is one of the most beautiful hotels in Greece!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in November. The hotel is gorgeous! Beautiful, tasteful (which is a novelty for Greece!) decorations. Wonderful log fires burning, helpful staff. Our room was lovely and spacious - it had a fireplace in the room should we have chosen to use it. We had a balcony with amazing views of the lake. My only teeny tiny complaint is that there was no heating in the bathroom and it was a little bit chilly!

We ate at the hotel both nights because there were no tavernas open in the surrounding areas at this time of year! The food was delicious on both occasions and very reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel. I visited the spa, and had one of the best massages I have ever had by a therapist called Eleni, and again reasonably priced. I used the hamman which was lovely and the jacuzzi, which was a bit cold.

I would definitely visit Kazarma again, it is one of my favourite hotels.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karditsa
Naiades Hotel Resort & Conference
Astron
Astron
#7 of 7 in Karditsa
Montanema Handmade Village

Been to Kazarma Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!