See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 17, 2013

probably one of the worth hotels i had in greece. First, when i arrived, the receptionnist gave me a room with 2 beds ion the street, and i asked him a romm with a double bed on the back. he answered "we are full and expecting somne people". He could have gave me the room i wanted and give my room to them. No way. Anyway, i checked on the board, the hotel was far from full, it was a lie.
Second bad surprise, insects in the room, dirty old papers behind the desk, ants, dust. I told him about the ants, mr Bakos told me he cant check now, because he had to stay at the reception.
Last thing, breakfeast, very poor, only one kind of bread already cut in big unregular slices. No cake.

When i arrived, he said me i had a wonderfull price. it was through internet, and i paid 62 euros for 2 nights non refundable. when i wanted to cancel, he showed me an invoice of TUI in greek of 22 euros. You see i only get 11 euros per night, he tried to persuade me. 40 euros commission !!!! of course, take me for an idiot. he did not even to give me 11 euros if I canceled. I asked Hotel Barbara, it was 30 euros with brekfeast, so the price was not so wonderfull. He concluded "next time you will go there". for sure i wont come back in your hotel, mr Bakos

Room Tip: on the back quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank parispresent
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Pros: Big room and bathroom, good shower (water head is good, shower cubicle is probably the biggest which I have ever seen - approximately 1x1 meter), fridge in the room, balcony with the table and chairs. There are two doors which protect you from the noise from the corridor. We lived on the ground floor which should be the most problem place from this perspective and we don't have problem with such kind of noise. Breakfast is good enough: bread, butter, eggs, coffee, tee, jams, corn flakes, ham and the cheese. Everything except for milk is ok. we had to buy our own because corn flakes with the hotel one was terrible.
Cons: WiFi is weak, for good connection you have to sit in the hall, air conditioning is controlled only from the reception - you have to ask in advance what temperature should be set. However it was not a big problem for us.
Noise from motorcycles. from the street can be heard if windows open. If it's closed you have to be sure that you setup air conditioning properly.

Room Tip: It seems it's more useful to get room with windows on swimming pool and not for the street. Motorcycle is really disaster at night so you will have more chance to sleep without noise at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bordanton
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The smell of heavily chlorined bedrooms with lino floors never helps and nor does the age and size of the hotel cleaners! Neither does a lying hotelier who claims the double doors to a bedroom meant everything would be quiet. Far from it, the cheap, 1970's style construction technique, which he knew about, meant the hotel is nothing but a sound chamber. Luckily we were only staying one night, but the baby's screams above us and in the Reception as well started at 04.00 and were unrelenting. Nor were the banging on the walls from irate customers! Not even an apology the next day. Breakfast was a disgrace as well; probably the worst display ever. We will not be going there again.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ed p
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed just one night while visiting our friends in Loutraki. We have 2 teenage girls and got the family suite. It had a smal hall with a bathroom in it leading to the 2 bedrooms. One of the bedrooms had another bathrooom. The price was 100 Euros. It was just 2 or 3 blocks from the beach and boardwalk where the action is. We had an ocean view. It was very clean and the breakfast was included and very nice conitnental. We would definitely stay here next time!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank KansasGreekgirl
Reviewed October 4, 2007

Hotel Bakos is a hotel of app. 50 rooms - lying close to the beach(100 m). We arrived in the evening and the staff (Bakos family) took care of our suitcases and offered a drink to help relaxing from the trip and feel welcome at the hotel.

Nice and very clean rooms with bath. Wide balcony either to the street or pool - pool is small but nice and clean.

Room prices are very often negociable - but the hotel was fully booked during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank DKcomplainers