All reviews nice hotel mountain view pool area the sea view rooms breakfast buffet room price nice view same building beautiful sunset visited this hotel private beach casino pools spa athens greece euro
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

We’d visited this hotel several years while in Loutraki so when our ferry plans changed we booked a 1 night stay here prior to a trip to Delfi. Our sea view room had a beautiful terrace from which I saw both a beautiful sunset as well as a stunning sunrise. Breakfast outdoors was incredible—a huge number of buffet choices and really good coffee. Unfortunately we didn’t stay long enough to use the beautiful pools or the private beach. Free parking was a bonus!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2019

Check In:
Arrived with two rooms’ reservation to accommodate five people, including two children and an elder parent that she was visibly sick and exhausted from the trip. When I dared to complain to the manager (Vas/ki Ts/oli) that our rooms (image attached) could barely fit four people, she threatened to kick us out (Greek hospitality industry at its best!).

Five star hotels are distinct for their service to the guests. In this case, the "trained hospitality professional" to resolve problems, barely let me finish a sentence. Still to this day I have not finished explaining the problem! As soon as I started she begun talking over me as I was trying to explain, and she threatened that she will deny service.

Having already prepaid and nowhere to go, with my family in no condition to travel, I told her that I will pay anything to let us stay.
Upon our return, the online reservations service provider did their own investigation and did arrange for a refund, fact that speaks volumes.

The Rooms:
Small and crowded in need of a revamp, yet adequate for a night sleep.

The Premises:
Clean and fairly well kept, good work from the people that maintain it but smokers everywhere. Late in the evening it was nearly empty (..only few smokers) the pools and the sunsets were spectacular.

The sea:
Not the usual blue clean Greek sea, yet it is still considered swimmable although pollution is catching up.

Overall, very disappointed with the "desk management" and some of the personnel in desperate need for training.

Reviewed August 10, 2019

Predivno letovanje u prelepom hotelu. Osoblje izuzetno ljubazno, cistoca na visokom nivou, sve pohvale svom osoblju u hotelu, ljubazni, srdacni, gostoljubivi. Posebna pohvala za raznovrsnost i kvalitet hrane. I ko sto vec neko ovde rece pravi mali raj. lokacija odlicna, ko ne voli da je stalno u guzvi, na stvarnih 20 minuta do centra. Plaza sljunk - pesak, more prelepo. Bez guzve na lezaljkama.Zalazak sunca u more sa predivnim bojama neba, koje je recima tesko opisati. Puna sam prelepih utisaka.

Lovely summer at a beautiful hotel. Staff very friendly, high level cleanliness, all praise to their staff at the hotel, friendly, cordial, hospitable. Special praise for the variety and quality of the food. And whoever else has said a real little paradise here. location great, who doesn't like being in a crowd all the time, in the actual 20 minutes to the center. Pebble beach - sand, sea beautiful. No crease on the deck chairs. Sunset into the sea with beautiful colors of the sky, which is difficult to describe. I'm full of beautiful impressions.

Ana A.

Room tip: sobe sa pogledom na more su perfektne
Date of stay: August 2019
ClubHotelLoutraki, Customers Relations at Club Hotel Loutraki, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear Anaarsenijevic,
Thank you for choosing Club Hotel Loutraki for your accommodation and we feel pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your kind words give us motivation to keep serving our clients in the best way and provide excellent services in an idyllic environment. We hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards,
The CHCL team

Reviewed July 31, 2019

We (me and my daughter) wanted to spend our 2 weeks holidays in a good place. But the reality was different. This hotel don't have 5 stars... but the prise is like for 5-stars hotel. I agree with BBiter in every points. I'm not English speaking and cannot write as he did. But read his review and you will understand a lot .One very bad thing had hapened with us. We (with my daughter) get room 439. It was strange smel land phacos on carpet near bathroom. Fortunately we had a lot of excursion and didn't stay many time in the room. but the carpet begin to be wet and smelly.I have photo of this. I suffering from migraine, so i may react to smells. And I had severe headache during 3 days... so I went to the reception to ask to change the room. The woman staff are good and friendly. One (I don't know her name,the bagesare very small) ask houskeper abot the problem and told me that it is a problem with bathtub, the water will come to the room ,,, nothing to do with this!!!! HOw you can imagine this? The bosses of this hotel I think know about this problem, but still sell this room with wet carpet and bad smell!!!!! The young man from reception was very ruge - you stayed for 4 days and everithing was good, now you want to change the room - but I didn't recognize the problem at firs, and we travel a lot, and the situation with carpet worsening day by day... the girl halped me and changed the room/ Thank"s this me health sotuation improved. reallyI wanted to go to jugment cort...In US this situation is the purpose to go to cort because of health problem... the hotel knows this plroblem with room, but sail the room and worsed my health situation... the nurse from hote, who measured my blood preassure, because i thing that the reason of the headache was high preasure, but it was normal, pharmatist from Loutraki and some other people are my whitnesses...And NOBODY from the hotel staff didn't say any appologizing to me....Stay away from this hotel!!!!!Only some good things-good food, when we ask for the robas and teapot and iron - the staff bring it to the room. Good SPA area, friendly staff in spa, good pool, private beach. Every staff in restaurans,houskeeping,and women on reception(not men) are very friendly and hepful. They try to hide and resolved problems as thay can.lBut be careful with rooms and men staffs on the reception. The hotel is old and need renovation.I'll never come again to this place.

Room tip: don't use the room 439
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Pathfinder494338
Reviewed July 31, 2019

We were visiting Loutraki and recently stayed a week at Club Hotel Loutraki. We chose it because of the nice pictures on booking.com. Please don’t be fooled. Always do your home work and read the reviews on Tripadvisor. We didn’t and regretted it. Lesson learned.

Where to start? This place may once have been a 5 star hotel, but that was quite a long time ago. It has decayed and is nowhere as luxurious as the pictures would have you think. The first thing that meets you when you enter the premises are the rude male staff (with a few exceptions). The female staff were in general friendly and helpful. The casino area is reeking of stale cigarette smoke which has permeated all surfaces. Thankfully, the casino is it own wing so you don’t have to be there unless you want to gamble. Our first walk to the room after checking in was a shock. In more than 40 years of international travel I have never seen a more neglected corridor to the rooms. Old and numerous coffee stains in the once lush carpet, elsewhere filthy carpet, peeling and torn wallpaper everywhere. Old designer furniture which was torn and then amateurishly sown back together. The room was fine but the mattresses were horrible. Probably not changed in many years. The floors of the hotel were a mixture of marble (lobby and inside restaurants), old and very dirty and stained carpets in the corridors leading to the rooms, and a few areas with hardwood floors. These were extremely worn and deeply damaged / grooved.

As for the casino, the hotel claims it is “Europe’s leading Casino!” So I guess the Casino in Monte Carlo is at best 2nd… or maybe Monte Carlo is not in Europe anymore…

Now to the outside. There is an external elevator so that when you want to go to the pool area in your bathing suits you can take the external elevator from your room floor and avoid the lobby. The problem is that the external elevator is out of order and has been for quote some time. During our recent stay there was no activity around it suggesting that it was being repaired or would be working anytime soon. The comedy of the situation is that inside the lobby and right next to the exit for the pool, there is a sign that discourages guests from entering the building wearing their bathing suits. And there are no changing rooms by the outdoor pool.

Outside facing windows on the ground floor are filthy and have not been cleaned in weeks or maybe months. There is no excuse for this as these windows are very easily accessed. Outside furniture is extremely old in some cases falling apart.

Where are the stairs? Our room was on the 2nd of 5 floors. But since there don’t seem to be any stairs and no signs pointing to a staircase we were forced to use the elevators. This is not a big problem, but could be in the event of a fire when one must avoid using elevators. This is especially problematic because very many of the guests were elderly. My family and myself could have probably made it safely out of our second floor window (with a few broken bones), but what about everyone else? No information about evacuation procedures in the room.

Parking garage. A third of the capacity was occupied by cars taking up 2 parking spaces. This reduces the capacity significantly, especially in the evening when the casino fills up. Management does nothing about this, probably because they don’t want to make their casino guests angry by suggesting that guests try to park their cars properly.

Breakfast. Good and tasty assortment, however frequent shortages of scrambled eggs and toast bread. Be prepared to wait 10-20 minutes if they have run out. More than enough staff talking between themselves and not enough in the kitchen. Scrambled eggs were more often than not cooked too long so that they had the consistency and taste of hard boiled eggs.

The only nice thing about this hotel was the pool area. The large pool is nowhere near as large as the pictures suggest, probably no more than 20 meters long. But it is only 120cm deep. Anyone taller than 175cm will constantly be hitting the bottom of the pool with their feet if the try to swim. Be aware that there are no toilets in the pool area. So you have to go inside the hotel building (where you are discouraged from wearing bathing suits) if you need to use the toilet.

Restaurant prices are extremely high. If after reading this review you still want to stay here then make sure that breakfast is included in your room price. Otherwise be prepared to pay 22 Euros per person for buffet breakfast and 27 Euros per person for buffet lunch or dinner (without alcoholic beverages or brand soft drinks). Poolside food and drink are much more reasonably priced. The ala carte restaurant caters to the more affluent casino guests and is overpriced.

On check-out no one asked whether everything was okay or whether we enjoyed our stay. I think the reception staff know better than to ask these questions.

Conclusion: the Club Hotel Loutraki is at best a 3 star establishment. In my opinion the hotel is very poorly managed and maintenance is grossly lacking. If you want to stay in Loutraki for a few days there are better places than this. Don’t make our mistake. Read the reviews.

I noticed that the hotel management has replied to poor reviews here on Tripadvisor. Please don’t answer to this one, but rather use that time to make at least a small effort to actually improve on all the things that I and others have pointed out.

• Trip type: Traveled with family