“The Best Place in Loutraki!”
Review of Hotel Segas

Hotel Segas
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Loutraki
New Mexico
“The Best Place in Loutraki!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I have stayed now several times at the Segas due to the fantastic service and friendliness of Aris and his mother. If you have any questions, Aris goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that he can help! For example, I had a rental car and my husband was nervous regarding me driving alone with our two small boys in Greece (while my husband worked). We did not ask Aris, but he could tell. We were trying to go to a nearby town/tourist location, and Aris had his niece lead me to ensure that we made it to a tricky turn! On many occaisions, my husband or I needed something, and Aris always provides what we need, or finds a way for us to get it! The entire family is exceptionally nice, and at all hours of the day or night too! Aris also saved a place to park in front of the hotel!

Besides the wonderful owners, the rooms are clean, the bed was wonderfully soft, the air conditioner would keep the room as cold or warm as you could desire, the location is right downtown a block from the wonderful boardwalk and beach, the hotel is quiet for sleeping, the lobby is beautiful, the breakfast is wonderful [egg, yogurt, peaches, honey, jam, bread, cheese, meat slices, fruit-filled pastry (packaged so you can save it for later if desired), fresh fruit (different every day!), and any coffee or tea you may want], and the location is great. Shops, the beach, grocery, restaurants, electronic store, just about anything you are looking for is within walking distance. I loved having a balcony and a refrigerator in the room! There is a line (with clips provided) outside on the balcony to hang any wet bathing suits or whatever may need drying. The hotel even has a tiny elevator!

Bathrooms are cramped by American standards, but my husband and I have travelled quite a bit, and we have encountered this everywhere (France, Greece, Spain, England, etc.).

We really were and continue to be treated like family, and we will never stay anywhere else but Segas. We look forward to staying again!
The Macks

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Macks
Thank you very much for your wonderful words and we are so glad you enjoyed staying with us
We look forward to welcome you back to our little hotel

Segas Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
San Carlos, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here once before, as it's nice the night before a flight, being less than 1.5 hrs from Athens airport, but this time we stayed the first night in Greece. We arrived late, thinking no one might be in the lobby, but the wife of the owner and Mother were there setting up for breakfast and were friendly, nice and helped us get into our room. They called the owner because we couldn't find parking and he called someone and had them move their car so we could park right outside the front door practically! The room is nice, big enough, nice enough, has AC, etc. We walked 1 block into town and had a great dinner at a family run place they suggested. In the AM, a generous breakfast was served by the family. I just love staying here

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelingJans
We look forward to welcome you back to our little hotel and to show you a bit of authentic Greek hospitality

Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Arriving here by car and finding a parking could be difficult 'cause of the one way streets, but once at hotel you can forget 4 wheels 'cause hotel is very close to center and seaside. Also, there are some shops right outside the door. A family is running the hotel, so atmosphere is friendly. Rooms are large enough while bathroom isn't designed too well and wc is hard to reach. There's a fridge in the room and also a big one in the corridor. The bed is too soft. Breakfast isn't served as buffet, but is quite rich and without salted foods. Anyway it has good taste and also fresh fruit is served at the end of the meal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ventofredo
Thank you very much for your review and we are only too glad that you liked so many things about the hotel. Parking is a little hard during August but usually everybody finds a place. We are very proud of our new beds that of the latest technology that provide a great support to your body whilst sleeping. They are the best beds in the market and our guests love them. Breakfast at Hotel Segas is an individualised affair and served fresh when guest arrive according to their dietary requirements.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Together with my parents in law, my boyfriend and I spent the last 4 days in Segas. We all enjoyed it.

It's hard to find this kind of service for this price anywhere else. We LOVED it!

Aristedes, Maria and their family take care of you, like you are their family.

Good service, good breakfast, nice clean rooms.

The hotel is situated in a more quite street of Loutraki very near to the beach! Because of this is easy to find a parking space near the hotel and there is not to much noise.

I will recommend Hotel Segas to everybody!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HotelSegas, Owner at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
really glad you like our little hotel and hope to welcome you back soon
Segas family
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hotel Segas in Louthraki proved to be the best choice for us. You have access to the boardwalk and all shops and as it is off the main tourist area it is quiet for sleeping at night. The rooms are basic and very clean. They serve the purpose if you plan to explore the areas historic sites. Breakfast is fit for a king with fresh bread, cheese, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs and wonderful Greek honey. Our hosts made sure we were well taken care of and well fed. Great value for the price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne G
HotelSegas, Manager at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
we really enjoyed looking after you and hope we will have the pleasure to offer our authentic greek hospitality some time soon
Look forward to welcome you back
Athens, Attiki, Greece
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have spent just couple of days in the hotel and I really liked it. U will ask WHY?!! I will try to answer ur question. The hotel is different in comparisson with all the common ones. It is located a bit away from the central and noisy Loutraki street that allows you to sleep well. The rooms are very clean and cozy, I felt like I was in my own house where I had everything I needed and could relax. Plus you have "King`s" breakfast with everything possible you can imagine: fresh bread and delicious cheese, greek coffee and english tea, eggs, croissant, fresh fruits and yogourt! While I was in the hotel I saw that the owners really care about their job, about their clients and do it from the heart. Well done! Hope you will enjoy your stay in the Hotel Segas:) Marina

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, June 27, 2012

Glad you had a great time

Look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Segas Your home in Greece !

Aristeides Segas
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had to carry out some course related fieldwork for my university course. I stayed with the Segas family at their hotel for 3 and a half weeks and it was perfect for what I needed, as well as going just that important bit further.

Very welcoming, lovely people, Ari and his family are running a lovely little place here. Mama Katarina was up earlier than me, and ready to serve a truly fantastic tasty breakfast - no matter how early I got up!!!

Maria (who deals with a lot of the online enquiries but is based in the UK) was in town for a week and really engaging informative and helpful. Ari, was always on hand with a smile and happy to help with anything.

All of this, and yet you also had a feeling that your privacy was respected when you shut your hotel room for (in my case!) a bit of rock study!

A difficult balance, to have such attentive hosts and yet also the privacy a hotel guest wants. Somehow the Segas manage it wonderfully.

Also, for those NOT chasing rocks, there are some great local eateries, including some fantastic seafood places on the sea front - only 4 minutes from the hotel, and a gorgeous lunch-only place across the world, that must be serving some of the best food in Greece! All at a reasonable price.

RECOMMEND. Will; definitely stay again - rocks or no.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TomW77
, Owner at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, June 27, 2012

Glad you had a great time

Look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Segas Your home in Greece !

Aristeides Segas