“Hotel Segas is the best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Segas

Hotel Segas
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Loutraki
Athens, Attiki, Greece
“Hotel Segas is the best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have spent just couple of days in the hotel and I really liked it. U will ask WHY?!! I will try to answer ur question. The hotel is different in comparisson with all the common ones. It is located a bit away from the central and noisy Loutraki street that allows you to sleep well. The rooms are very clean and cozy, I felt like I was in my own house where I had everything I needed and could relax. Plus you have "King`s" breakfast with everything possible you can imagine: fresh bread and delicious cheese, greek coffee and english tea, eggs, croissant, fresh fruits and yogourt! While I was in the hotel I saw that the owners really care about their job, about their clients and do it from the heart. Well done! Hope you will enjoy your stay in the Hotel Segas:) Marina

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, June 27, 2012

Glad you had a great time

Look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Segas Your home in Greece !

Aristeides Segas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had to carry out some course related fieldwork for my university course. I stayed with the Segas family at their hotel for 3 and a half weeks and it was perfect for what I needed, as well as going just that important bit further.

Very welcoming, lovely people, Ari and his family are running a lovely little place here. Mama Katarina was up earlier than me, and ready to serve a truly fantastic tasty breakfast - no matter how early I got up!!!

Maria (who deals with a lot of the online enquiries but is based in the UK) was in town for a week and really engaging informative and helpful. Ari, was always on hand with a smile and happy to help with anything.

All of this, and yet you also had a feeling that your privacy was respected when you shut your hotel room for (in my case!) a bit of rock study!

A difficult balance, to have such attentive hosts and yet also the privacy a hotel guest wants. Somehow the Segas manage it wonderfully.

Also, for those NOT chasing rocks, there are some great local eateries, including some fantastic seafood places on the sea front - only 4 minutes from the hotel, and a gorgeous lunch-only place across the world, that must be serving some of the best food in Greece! All at a reasonable price.

RECOMMEND. Will; definitely stay again - rocks or no.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TomW77
, Owner at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, June 27, 2012

Glad you had a great time

Look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Segas Your home in Greece !

Aristeides Segas
cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Stayed here last year, could not have asked for more. Overdid it at one of the fish restaurants the owner kindly supplied tablets to get me back into action. The mother was great providing breakfast. A parking space was reserved for me outside the hotel. For the service, position, cleanliness and price, Well Done!
ps loved the olive oil

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank autopop
HotelSegas, General Manager at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
we enjoyed looking after you and look forward to welcome you back

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Our 1st day of a 2 month grand tour of Greece with our family was spent at Hotel Segas in Loutraki. It was designed to be a one night stop over to recover from Jet lag coming from Australia, before visiting family. Forget that, we hit the ground running. It is an hour or so out of Athens. We rang ahead on arrival at Athens airport and Arisitdi organised a car spot to be waiting for us, as we had hired a 9 seater van to get around. The hotel is family owned and run. Arisitdi looked after us and served a wonderful breakfast. His advice for us to drive up the mountian was well received and his quote that in Greece there are no rules, was true. I booked by email direct with the hotel having read other Trip advisor reviews and they were right. This place is wonderful. I hope Aristidi won't mind me saying this, but he offered me to choose my price for the 2 rooms we booked, however I respectfully declined and accepted his offer. It was the best value we encountered during 2 months travelling in Greece from North to South including the islands. Arisitdi you are a true gentleman. Next time we will stay longer. My family kept asking me why I didn't organise to stay longer, but we had plenty of place to go to.

Room Tip: Street views and ask for shower with jets. Bottom line you don't spend too much time in your roo...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BillZ_12
we enjoyed looking after you and look forward to welcome you back

Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Nice clean rooms, though VERY small bathroom.
We asked for a quiet room and this we got.
We got the best breakfast form our whole 10 day trip: great bread, eggs and for the first time fruit! Not even 5 min walk to the sea. Great value!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EmmaBelgium
HotelSegas, Manager at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
our little hotel always tries to satisfy our guests
We are glad you enjoyed and look forward to welcome you back sometime soon
Geia sou

Maria
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

A charming hotel with warm hosts. This is a great hotel if you want to tour the Peloponnese at a reasonable cost. Y

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HotelSegas, Manager at Hotel Segas, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Thank you recoco for your lovely comments
We aim to give authentic Greek hospitality and we love to take care of our guests
Look forward to welcome you back

Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Unable to carry out our travel plans due to strikes and general chaos in Athens, we escaped by bus to the seaside retreat of Loutraki (Train is also possible when it is not on strike). We stayed at Segas Hotel and were very glad we did. Nice, clean, comfortable, compact rooms with balcony just a few minutes from the street and beach. A perfect base for wandering around the (quiet in October) town, stacking pebbles on the beach, eating, and generally relaxing. Breakfast was fine with yoghurt, tea/coffee, pastry, fruit, bread and an egg. The little tavern just up the steet on the other side is wonderful for lunch. For dinner there is a taverna one street back form the beach, where the discarded tram line turns the corner, on the corner of Antistaseos/Εθνικής Αντιστάσεως. Great local place with nice people. Cheaper and better than the meals we ate on the boulevard.

Room Tip: They showed us two and we picked the better.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple