We caught the ferry from Kusadasi to Samos on a beautiful sunny day in late August. When we arrived at the hotel I was intrigued with the large "faux " village in which the resort is located. It reminded me of the Welsh village from the old TV series Prisoner with Patrick Magee. We were taken to an amazing room overlooking the pool and ocean. Our room was beautifully clean, modern and spacious with a large balcony and windows across the width of the room. The village shop has drinks and snacks so we filled our fridge with things we liked. There are lots of activities in the hotel and the spa is very pleasant.
This is a large,busy resort which caters to families so if you are looking for an intimate small hotel this will not be for you. However, we were there on our own and very happy to watch children, parents and grandparents enjoying a family holiday. Everyone is catered for. The beach is just in front of the hotel and we stayed on the beach swimming and reading very happily for 2 days. Other days were spent exploring this green, pretty island. Ocean and beach were clean and we could see there were many water activities which could be booked, if desired. The environment is outstanding; beautiful ocean views, ancient ruins, an old castle and mountain villages closeby. Pythagorion is a charming town about 15 minutes walk from the resort. Plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and enough tourist shops to be interesting without overwhelming the character of this buzzy town. Food at the hotel is buffet style but is very good considering the number of guests who eat in the main 2 restaurants; alternatively a walk to one of the many restaurants in Pythagorion is fun. Staff are outstanding; very pleasant and helpful. Happy to do a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doryssa Seaside Resort is situated in the southern part of Samos, next to the historical and most popular destination of Pythagorion. After a full renovation finished in 2006, combined with completely new upgraded services, it has become a 5 star destination. Lovely areas stylish and tasteful. Doryssa village constructions recreate a traditonal Samos village. Doryssa village and the main hotel structure are situated by the seaside! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Doryssa Seaside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doryssa Seaside Hotel Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Resort Samos/Pythagorion