Fito Bay is set in a pretty location, 2 kilometers from the airport, about a minute from the sea and 20 mins from Pythogorio town and harbour. The use of bungalows spread out around the hotel pool (rather than having a room in a big block) is a charming touch and adds to the flavour - ours faced the pool and the sea, so sitting on the balcony to read or relax was really nice, particularly as there are plenty of beutiful shrubs to aid privacy. Our bungalow was beautifully cleaned and well-presented every day by the cleaners - who always left us a sweet on top of a creatively folded fesh hand-towel.
Breakfast at the hotel was quite an experience - and everything was available, from hot eggs and bacon, cold meat and cheese platters, cereals, fresh fruits, juices, a variety of breads and pastries, spreads and jams - and our favourite, the Greek yoghurt and local honey . . . also great coffee! We ate at the hotel restaurant a few evenings, which was not expensive, the portions were generous and the staff were lovely - seriously good prawns (they called them shrimp on the menu) and kebab lamb burgers that were simply beautiful.
Due to delayed flight my partner and I missed our first day at Fito Bay - but I was still surprised to be told we would not be charged for the night we were not there. What a kind touch!
Okay, the only cons I can think of are:
1) The close proximity of the airport - and yes, planes do fly directly overhead, rather deafeningly! However there are only about four or five planes flying out each day, so it is a rare occurance and the peace is shattered for moments only.
2) Sadly, with Greece's financial situation the Tourist Information place in town is closed indefinitely. But there is no information about trips, attractions, events etc kept at the hotel, which might be a problem if you have no idea what to see/do.
3) Beautiful as the place is, and although (I think) every bungalow has a balcony that tends to be shady, there is relatively little shade around the hotel pool and grounds - the odd bench and tree (as they have outside reception) or umberellas with seating would be useful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Fito Aqua Bleu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fito Aqua Bleu Resort Samos/Pythagorion