All reviews white suite sea view cocktail bar the breakfast area pool area beautiful hotel minute walk the hotel manager fresh fruit olympic holidays highly recommend this hotel cleaning ladies beautiful island quiet location lovely week the main street amazing views
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

I was supposed to write this review a few years back and was reminded about it in looking to book a return holiday to kefalonia for 2019. We had booked into the Thalassa originally at least 6 months in advance, only to be told a week before our holiday that our hotel had been changed due to works taking place at the hotel as it was effected by flooding in the area (as Angela the manager/owner explained). This was a lie, as when we arrived we were told by other hotels that the area was not effected at all by the recent flooding in kefalonia, and we cycled past the hotel and could see no works of any manner taking place. To top that Angela offered us another stay free of charge, as I complained that we were effectively bumped (moved to another hotel) do that the hotel could make space for higher paying guests. In attempting to take her up on the offer I received no responses to my emails so the offer was only to stop me putting my feedback up at the time.
Looking at the feedback from others I can see that this is a regular occurrence with this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank trish M
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

We booked into the Thalassa for 11 nights. On arriving at the hotel we were given little information and left to take bags to room despite me being pregnant. We went for lunch and I slipped over on the mopped floor, which hadn’t been signposted as being wet. Later the hotel lied and said there had been both a sign and a cleaner in full view, which was completely made up. The lunch was raw chicken. Not a great start.

We were booked into the white suite, which was not a suite but more of a room with shower in the room and small separate cubicle for toilet. The shower was grubby with Mold (see pics). Worst still was that the air conditioning didn’t work at all during the night, it either blew out freezing cold or hot air intermittently. We complained repeatedly to the hotel and was told it had been fixed when it hadn’t. After a few nights the lack of sleep had made us feel ill and we requested a refund on remaining nights so we could move hotel, but the hotel manager, Angela, was aggressive and rude and refused. We were told by other guests and tour rep that this kind of behaviour from management was normal, the hotel would not take responsibility for any faults.

We ended up leaving anyway as it was so awful.

The pool area is tired and old fashioned, the closest toilet was disgusting with cigarette butts, used plasters and dirty toilet roll littering the space. See pic attached. General cleanliness of communal areas was poor, see pics.

The only thing going for this hotel was the views over the bay.

We moved to the F Zeen hotel, about 30 minutes away and it was a completely different experience, I could not recommend the hotel and staff more highly.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank hjpeet
Reviewed October 9, 2018

we stayed at the hotel on september 2018
we got a great room ' with beautifull view. /maria and natali at the reception were so nice to us and evertthing we asked for we got with a big smile.
breakfast was o.k
i wanted to see ,motr tradional food ....
the bar was all the time empty and it was sad
but looks great.
it is a pity there is no spa and treatmants' but the view is exellent/

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Went in the evening for cocktails.
The hotel is beautiful.
The bar has a welcoming design with special fire places and comfortable seating.
There was a nice selection of cocktails.
Mario the bar tender made them really well.
I went with friends and we had a great evening.
Strongly recomended.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Relax593105
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We came to have cocktails at the hotel
The Barman was very helpful and attentive
The atmosphere was great sitting in the beautiful terrace with fire pits lit
The drinks were very aesthetic and tasteful
The hotel is beautiful and well managed
Located near a magnificent beach. I have stayed at the hotel twice in the past . I highly recommend staying there or even coming over for drinks

Date of stay: October 2018