“Great value, service and food”
Review of Mario No 1

Mario No 1
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Monolithos
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mario Restaurant is a quiet place on the beach of Agia Paraskevi in Monolithos area, just behind to Santorini's airport and you can reach it by taking the road from airport to Kamari village. Offering excellent variety of fresh seafood, traditional Santorinian food.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Loved the food and service. Prices are so much cheaper than the over-priced up-market restaurants in Thira and Oia...and the food quality
At Mario's was better and more interesting. No problem finding the place and they did not give us a tablet to fill out a review as commented by others. They must have taken heed of the comments on Tripadvisor...a good sign. Take the trip .out there .. Love the location too.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Not the easiest restaurant to find but a restaurant worth looking for, me and my girlfriend saw this place on trip advisor and decided to go check it out, we have drinks as we had already eaten, but after the seeing what the menu and food looked like we when back for dinner, I thought it looked a bit over priced but when we got the bill it wasn't, food was beautiful, I had the mussel risotto which was a must if you look seafood. Its not far from the Mediterranean beach hotel ( on your left at the beach it will take you 5mins) and the views is lovely.... if walking from kamari it will take you 45-55mins walk along the beach or follow the coast on the road but definitely try. Best restaurant i when too here in Santorini

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Excellent service with very kind employes, nice atmosphere and most of all great greek mousaka and fresh fish!!!!

1  Thank Dimitris M
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I won't labour the point. But if this is the best eaterie in Monolithos - don't go anywhere near the place. I give on blob for our waiter who was charming and actually conceded the taramasalata lacked any fish taste. Indeed took the item off the bill. But to charge for a bowl of wallpaper paste would have been shocking. Chefs special "Volcano chicken" had less heat - both spice and temperature - than my sunburn. The hot cheese dip, was cold and had nothing to commend it at all. The moussakas were simply over cooked quasi vegetarian mush. And the Santo vineyard Nichteri white was pure antifreeze. Sorry folks but thus is just not acceptable.Even if they were only charging €50 for 3 persons, was at least €40 too much. Hazel says you shouldn't review a place until you've eaten there twice. But I see this as my civic duty, to prevent holidaymakers like us wasting an evening's dining here when the island does have gems scattered everywhere. But none here. sorry.

2  Thank MardleyMassif
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My second trip to Santorini on a quick business trip and Mario's was our choice for the evening.Although the food was very good and the service on par,what pissed me off was their blatant and almost aggressive attitude to write a "good review" about them on TripAdvisor almost shoving the complimentary tablets in our faces.
My advice to TripAdvisor is to condemn such ridiculous practices since they are a form of boosting one's ratings.Well here you have my review from my own tablet guys.Enjoy!

10  Thank Bare-with-me