All reviews his wife close to the airport great taverna every morning the owner a great sea view wake up monolithos beach hire car highly recommend staying here offered coffee restaurant recommendations excellent hosts family business gave us a map his face black sand
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Our son got married in Santorini in July 2011. We had a group of about 20 people staying here for nearly a week and every one of us could not get over how fabulous this hotel was, how friendly the family are and how helpful all the staff were. We had people flying in from Australia, Canada and England and no matter what time they were arriving, Artemis was more than happy to pick them up from the nearby airport. We rented a mini bus as well as several quad bikes. These were fantastic for the young ones, they got around the whole island with no trouble at all. I can't praise this family and their hotel highly enough. It was clean, the pool was gorgeous and the views are magnificent. If you can stay here for any time at all, do so, you won't be sorry.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This review is also long overdue. My girlfriend and I stayed here in late 2010 without having booked a place upon arriving in Santorini via Blue Star Ferries. After departing the ferry, we were bombarded by a ton of hotel proprietors inviting us to stay at their property. We really didn't know which one to go with mainly because of our inexperience with the locations on Santorini. Enter Artemis. He approached us with this calm sense of style and gave us an offer we couldn't refuse. Basically, he told us, try Artemis Village for one night (at an extremely cheap rate) and if you don't like it, I can drive you to any other hotel on the island. We took his offer.

We got a room on the second floor of the main building overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and extremely quiet. We would find ourselves sitting in complete darkness on the balcony hearing the waves crash. It was quiet and calming. Every morning, Artemis' wife Anna would serve us coffee. The coffee was amazing! Then, Artemis would drive us about 10 minutes into Fira where we could take a bus or taxi to any other part of the island. Typically we would have Artemis drive us into Fira and we would take a taxi back to the hotel at the end of the day.

There are a few minor issues with the place to keep in mind if you're thinking about booking here... The hotel is located near an airport so planes will come flying overhead during the day and sometimes at night and can be quite deafening. Also, the hotel is about a 10 minute drive to the hustle and bustle of Fira. IF you didn't rent a car/motorcycle, Artemis will take you, but only if and when he is free to do so. Still a cool gesture regardless!

This place is a great place to stay if you're into "vanilla" accommodations. It's inexpensive, the owners make you feel at home, and most importantly, the rooms were clean and tidy.

Date of stay: February 2011
1  Thank HYPERSHARK
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Artemis and Anna made me and my best friend feel welcome from the moment we met! It was like staying with family! Artemis knew the answer to every question we had! Its close enough to the main town without being stuck in the middle. I would reccomend this place to ANYONE as I did to my brother and his friends who also stayed there! We hope to come back one day!!! Sorry the review is so late! xx

Room tip: Ask for an ocean facing room
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here a while ago and I have been meaning ever since to write a review. We LOVED this place and we LOVED Artemis! He was the quintessential super charming greek host! Our room was a fantastic value. I can't recall what we paid, but it was cheap. It was spartan, but who cares? It was right on the water and had everything we needed! Artemis MADE us drink wine with him, drove us to town whenever we wanted to go, and perhaps most importantly, he steered us to the nearby restaurant that we so loved. I don't know the name of the place-- it was right around the corner-- but we went there at least twice for dinner and another two times for breakfast. The fish were SO fresh, and somehow we were about the only ones eating there!! How can this be? It was also right on the water, one of those outdoor dining rooms with the transparent plastic "walls" they put up to block the wind and spray. The waitress was so sweet, taking me up to point to the fish I wanted to eat when her english and our impromptu sign language weren't doing the trick. Anyway, if we ever make it back to Santorini we will certainly return to Artemis Village for some more of Artemis' fantastic hospitality. Opa!

Date of stay: October 2010
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I'm writing this review on the last day of my holiday as just wont get time when i get home.Artemis and his wife Anna and two daughters are the best hosts ever, there aim is to please and make your stay wonderful. Artemis picks up and drops you back at airport and will even drop you into Fira the capital.Anna and her lovely daughters always ask if you would like a coffee and Artemis keeps offering me a beer or glass of wine.Our room was light bright and airy and was spotlessly cleaned every day with fresh towels provided,The pool area was a really good size with lots of sun beds and umbrellas and of course sparkling clean.
Anna will arrange car hire and excursions for you at the best possible price.I have stayed in over a dozen different hotels/apartments in many greek islands and this is the best i've found so far.If possible book a superior room with sea view.
Car or moped hire is a must as Santorini is the most stunning greek island and you must see it all.
Thank you Artemis, Anna and daughters for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room tip: Ask for superior room with sea view
Date of stay: September 2011