The Albatros was my first stop on my recent trip to Greece. It was located near a market and a bus stop and within about a 15-20 min walk to Fira, the main town on Santorini. The staff were friendly, though surprisingly not as knowledgable as I would have thought of the area attractions. The room was clean and roomy and had a view of the greenery and pool. The daily breakfast was continental, with Greek yogurt, fruit, bread and cheese, tea, coffee, juices. Just enough.
I found the location to be convenient for a budget hotel. If I make it back to Santornini, I might prefer to stay in Fira or closer to the beach towns. I never felt the need for a rented car or a cab, though, as the bus system was readily available. The only odd quirk is the main bus station is in Fira and there are some locations you can't get to from another without having to travel back to the main bus station and change busses.
I enjoyed the sunsets from both Oia and Fira, and enjoyed both Kamari and Perrissa beaches. Visiting Ancient Thira is possible either on foot , if you're fit and have the time, or by cab (no need to pay a tour company). You an walk up or down on the Kamari side on the paved road, looking out for the random car, or on the Perrissa side on the dirt path which is more hiking, requiring shoes with traction.
Best meal on Santorini was had at Roka in Oia. Best Bellini cocktail was had at Enigma Cafe in Fira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albatros hotel is situated at Karterados at about 1 km away from the centre of Fira, the capital of Santorini. A friendly smile is waiting for you in the reception desk, and it will help you to feel comfortable right at the beginning of your arrival.Your holidays starts with a full of homemade tastes breakfast.The comfortable space surrounding the swimming pool provides the ideal environment for unlimited hours of sunbathing whereas at the same time you'll enjoy refreshing cocktails from the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Albatros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albatros Hotel Karterádhos
- Albatros Hotel Santorini, Greece