Villa Manos
Stavros Villas(Karteradhos)(Great Value!)
$54
Pension Stella(Karteradhos)(Great Value!)
$64
Emmanouela Studios & Villas(Karteradhos)(Great Value!)
$46
$142
Pension George(Karteradhos)
Anna Pension(Karteradhos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbottle of wineher husbandpool barthe busthe ownergreek winemain partwe loved our stayamazing hospitalityany questionsrooms were very cleansantorini islandoff seasongreek hospitalityreception areagreat poolquiet location
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a double room at Villa Manos for 3 nights in September, and had a great time here! When we arrived, Poppy welcome us with a glass of wine and gave us maps and information about Santorini, which tours to take, etc. Then a man, I'm assuming her husband, showed us two different rooms and let us pick which one we preferred. The room we ended up in had a small fridge, its own washroom, and a small terrace. It also had an air conditioner. Not a big deal, but the room key was a bit heavy (you needed to put it in a slot by the door in order to make the electricity run). When we were leaving, she gave us a slice of cake and a bottle of wine, and asked to take a picture with us by the pool. Very sweet lady! The hotel is a short bus ride away from Fira, but it was not an issue for us. The bus stop is a minute's walk away from the hotel!

My only gripe is that we had difficulty contacting her by phone a day before our arrival. We had forgot to arrange a ride from the port to the hotel (we were taking a ferry from Crete to Santorini), and tried to call the hotel the night before. However, it took many tries before she finally picked up! Also, on the day we arrived at the port, we met someone from Villa Manos (you can recognize him since he will be holding a Villa Manos sign) and said we just needed to wait for other guests which should arrive by ferry soon. After 15 minutes, he said that the ferry was going to be late. I assumed it would just be another 10-15 minutes, but no... we waited over an hour! My boyfriend and I thought he actually left us because he just disappeared but finally we spotted him leaving a cafe with a drink in his hand. He could have told us it would take that long, so that we could relax at a cafe too (we were sitting outside anxiously waiting for the ferry with the other guests to arrive). When the other guests did arrive, they made no mention of "sorry we were late", so I have a thought that perhaps he knew it would take over an hour but just made it seem that the ferry was late. Anyways, other than this inconvenience, we had a great time at Villa Manos! Just thought I'd mention the ferry issue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

"It's because you are nice to people, everything you see will be nice as well" a quote from Poppy, owner of Villa Manos and surely one of the nicest person I've met in my life!

When we arrived at the port, they arranged free transport from the port to the hotel. As we arrived at the hotel, Poppy showed one of her super talents - explained all essential but super helpful travel tips in only 10 minutes.

Because we love this amazing Greek island so much, we decided, spontaneously, to stay 1 more night at Villa Manos. After we told Poppy about it and you know what, she spent her whole day trying to keep our room for us by contacting the new comers if they can switch to another room. Even though she didn't make it at the end, she upgraded us, for free, to a HOUSE with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a LIVING ROOM. Even more, while we were waiting at the lounge, she and her husband (another amazing person) treated me free pizza and orange juice!!!

On our last day in Santorini, because we had some problem with our quad-bike, we didn't catch the bus from the hotel to the port, while our ferry was in less than 1 hour... And you know what, Poppy and her husband, used their OWN car to drive us to the port!!!

There are so many reasons to go back to Santorini again, but only one is enough for me - Villa Manos and Poppy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had the best time at Villa Manos when I was in Santorini. Poppy is one of the best hosts that I've ever encountered. She's kind, funny and very helpful. I was upgraded to a bigger room upon my arrival and then spent most of my time by the pool with the other globe trotters. When I left, Poppy gave me a bottle of wine, a massive hug and well wishes. The life of a backpacker would be so simple if every hostel experience was like this.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I will not repeat all the wonderful things said about Villa Manos, but I will vouch for this: all the good things said on TripAdvisor are true!

During my whole two-month trip in Europe, this is the only place where I got the best deal for my 20 euros: upgraded from single to double room with my own bathroom, TV, fridge and balcony. Every day, the room was cleaned and the towels replaced. They helped me with late-night food orders delivered straight to my room.

One night when I was about to sleep, Poppy banged on my door only to ask if I was up for a late night drive to Kamari. "Of course!", I said. I joined Poppy's family and two other female solo travellers for a late night munch of chips, lamb ribs and wine! It was absolutely delightful and I gained new friends in one night!

I only wish that Villa Manos is near Fira and that the roads are well-lit at night. I often found myself walking back alone in the dark but I had a torch light so it was okay.

I didn't leave Villa Manos without a hug and kiss, a surprise gift and a poolside pictorial with Poppy. I had an enjoyable stay and I'm sure you will too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a wonderful time at villa manos! The hotel picked us up and brought us back to port, and took us into town is few times. They gave suggestions for the island and offered to set up excursions for us. I would gladly stay there again! Thank you Poppy and the rest of the staff!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends