“i cant wait to go back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Manos

Villa Manos
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Austria
“i cant wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in villa Manos for more than a week and what can I say! We had a great time. The hotel is in a very good location, walking distance from the center. It’s nice and clean, with a big swimming pool, stone pavements, huge private balconies and a great view. Miss Poppy was just amazing, helpful and friendly; she even gave us a goodbye bottle of Greek wine! So nice people!! We loved it, I hope to go back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Santorini, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

As a back packer there are a few simple things that you really appreciate these are - free food, caring staff members and clean bathrooms. Villa Manos offers all these things and more. Poppy really makes you feel welcome with her motherly air and will give you a free meal upon arrival. She is very efficient and will help you with any questions you may have and will help with organising activities and car hire. The property itself is gorgeous for what you pay and it even has a beautiful pool. It is about a 25 minute walk into Thira town but this is no hassle especially if you hire a quad bike.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

So many good things to say- where to start!
- Poppy and her family work hard to make this place perfect. Every time I looked around I saw them tending to something.
- Every time I went to reception I was warmly greeted and helped like I was a friend. Advice on what to do, where to go, how to rent ATV, how to return ATV, bus schedules etc....they had all the answers.
- Free Port pick up and return
- The property was beautiful and immaculate. Beautiful trees, pool, stone pavements etc.
- Interior was simple and homey (in a good way). I felt happy coming home to this.
- Huge private balcony for everyone with a view of the courtyard and in the distance, the ocean.
- Goodbye bottle of wine to take with you and a welcome dish upon your arrival- very nice touches!

I would stay here again and recommend it to others. If it's an amazing caldera view you want then you will not be happy staying here, but if you want top notch accommodation on the ocean side, this is your place.

Thanks Poppy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I only stayed 2 nights in Santorini but so glad I booked Poppy and her family 's hotel. They are the friendliest and most wonderful hosts I've ever met. I arrived very early in the morning (6am). Poppy had arranged a driver to pick me up from the airport and showed me the room. Therefore I could sleep a little before officially checking in, which was extremely appreciated as I just spend the previous night at Athens airport. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Local bus can take you to Fira in 10 mins. Highly recommended to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Amazing staff- the best I've ever encountered. More people in the world should be like poppy.

I have not a bad thing to say about villa manos. Nice rooms, air con, gorgeous pool.. A 15 minute walk from main town.

I don't know that I'd stay in Santorini for more than a few nights though- the beaches aren't amazing or easily accessible and there's not a whole lot else to see.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Durban
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

2 years ago, we decided to have our wedding in Santorini. We had no idea what venue would be used, where we would get a priest or how we would manage with all the planning for this intimate affair. We decided to stay at Villa Manos based on the reviews that we read here. All the reviews had something in common, the hosts Poppy and her husband, were exceptional. We were fortunate enough to find that out before we even left our country. Poppy was so warm on the telephone, so welcoming. She made us feel at ease and we just knew that we made the right decision. She mailed us back promptly and answered the many questions we had over the phone, all with warmth and ease.

Her husband picked us up from the airport. A wonderful man. My dad's bag was lost and did not arrive. He went with my dad and arranged for the bag to be dropped off at Villa Manos. We reached there late at night and Poppy was there with a smile and wine to welcome us 'home'. The accomodation is beautiful, the rooms spacious and the tranquility, priceless. Poppy gave us all the info on the island. We were a large group. Poppy went above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful. She even lent us bigger pots to cook for a big family. Extra plates and cutlery. She was always on hand with a smile to care for her guests.

The wedding was effortless. Poppy handled it all. She was even our priest. One of the most touching memories we have. She planned everything, from venue to food, boat trip, transfers and location with such detail. we were truly blessed to have landed at her door. As i look back at my wedding day, i have only love in my heart for Villa Manos. Her family is your family. Her home is your home. You will not go wrong planning a holiday here. As other reviews state, the bus stop is just across the road. we walked to Fira many nights, it took us just about 10 minutes. The walk is beautiful. Especially at night. You are based away from the noise. You can explore the whole island with Villa Manos being your central point. Renting scooters is easy from there. The pool is beautiful. You can swim or relax. I have travelled across Europe and have yet to find a place like Villa Manos. We will definitely return and stay there time and time again. 2 years later and Poppy has wished us for our anniversary. She has a place in our heart and she has shown us, that we have a place in hers. There is nothing more special about going on holiday than meeting people like them. Who continue to keep in contact and be a part of our lives. They can teach so many hotel chains a thing about customer service. We recommend Villa Manos... 5 stars! You won't regret it! Best holiday ever!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had a very good experience at VIlla Manos. The Family that runs this hostel go ABOVE & BEYOND to make sure you leave as a satisfied customer, for example, upon arrival they had a warm complimentary dinner waiting for us. During one night where myself and three other friends were having drinks by the pool the female owner brought out an omelet she had made for us, just out of the kindness of her heart. I`ve never received this kind of treatment even in 5 star hotels. Upon our departure they gave us a bottle of wine and a friendly farewell. Apart from the superb service the rooms were nice and had quality air conditioning. Its about 15 minutes from the main village but it`s almost better that way. I very much recommend Villa Manos!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
Stavros Villas
Antonia Hotel Santorini
Artemis Village
Artemis Village
#5 of 15 in Karteradhos

Been to Villa Manos? Share your experiences!