“Excellent start to my European vacation”
Review of Villa Manos

Villa Manos
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Santorini, Greece
“Excellent start to my European vacation”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Extremely well-priced, clean and beautiful. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful. I am travelling by myself and they put any concern I had at ease and helped me really experience Santorini. I'm here during low season and would recommend renting a car from Manos rentals as it helps you navigate the island at your own pace and avoid waiting for buses that are more unreliable this time of year. Driving during low season is easy and a simple map will help you get around without any problems or getting lost. The Pure (coffee house) in downtown Fira is excellent, as well as El Greco Tavern in Fira. Great stay and hoping to find time to come back and visit in the summer. Thanks Villa Manos for starting my trip (and my New Year) out with a bang!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Rebecca H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 3, 2011

even in the off season, this little place was amazing. Poppy the owner was distraught that we didnt tell her to come pick us up from the airport and she insisted on dropping us there when we left. NO arguements. rooms were clean, cute and affordable. would definitely recommend staying here and also hiring scooters or quad bikes to hoon around the island and to make the most of all the gorgeous sites.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank amy379
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We arrived here at the end of October 2011 and met with Manos and Poppy at the port. We had emailed them saying we would be there at 2.45 but our boat was late at 3.15 and still they had waited for us. When we met them they were very warm and hospitable towards us.

We arrived in reception and they provided us with 2 glass's of orange and a map of Santorini and briefly ran through what we could do on the island in the time that we were there. This did not come across forced and uncomfortable, it was a committed and professional service.

We walked to Fira on the first day and it took us about 25 mins which I was not too happy about, however the following day we asked Manos where we could rent a scooter and he rang the rental shop and they came and collected us. Luckily he had what we wanted which was a 100cc scooter. It would have been a bit awkward if he didn't having collected us. So I would advise as soon as you arrive if you like exploring and your on a budget to get sorted with some wheels on arrival to save time. The hotel area was nice but I would get bored staying there all day as you don't have the breath taking view of Fira and Oia.

50cc scooter - €10 per day
100cc scooter - €15 per day

Explore the Island and check out.
- Santo Winery
- Oia
and of course..
- Fira
....at least

The room we stayed in cost €30 per night €15 each and it was just right for what we paid. There was a double bed and 2 single beds.(So we probably could have had 4). As regards comfort beds are never really an issue for me so I can't review that, didn't use the tv as I had my laptop and the Wi Fi was excellent. Pressure in the shower was unbelievable as well.

In the end when they were dropping us back to the port I kept suggesting to my partner that we leave a tip. I wanted to buy them a bottle of wine or something. As they were saying goodbye they were very grateful to us for staying with them and then next thing poppy gave me a bottle of wine and a kiss on the cheek. I was puzzled!

We are going back to Santorini for our wedding in Sept 2012 and we will want to be staying somewhere in Firostefani, however those guests who wish to do the holiday on a budget I will be advising to stay in Villa Manos. I have read reviews of staff being rude in certain villas such as Dana which is frightening. It is nice to be assured that they will have a nice stay in Villa Manos

Room Tip: Not sure really, if your a light sleeper ask to be away from the public area but this didn't bot...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James K
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Manos and Poppy met us at the ferry and dropped us to the airport for no extra charge, this was above and beyond what I would normally expect from a hotel. It has a lovely pool. The rooms are good, the shower pressure was excellent. The hotel is not in the main city area but that didn't matter too much to us, we actually walked back from thira one night and it probably took 30 minutes. They put on an early breakfast for us. They were able to offer excellent advice on how best to see the sights of Santorini in the time we had available.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bevni442
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at Villa Manos for 3 nights, however I wish we had stayed longer as it was definitely our favourite hotel during our Greek Islands trip. While the room wasn't the most luxurious, the rooms were well appointed and very clean, the pool was large and there were nice views out to sea. Poppy and her family were so friendly, she made you feel very welcome and on our departure she made us breakfast and gifted us a bottle of Santorini wine which we enjoyed in Naxos. I don't think the location of the hotel was closer enough to Thira to walk to but it was only a 5 min drive on an atv and was handy to visiting the other villages on the island. If I ever get the chance to visit Santorini again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lil_miss_piggy
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Very good value for money. Family run place, they go out of their way to be helpful. Rooms look good and are comfortable, with air conditioner. Definitely recommended

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kalayak
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stepping off the plane and tired from our long trip, we were happy to find Poppy's husband waiting for us at the airport (easily pre-arranged via e-mail). It was evening when Poppy enthusiastically checked us in, greeting us with some local wine.
We walked up a short flight of stairs to our room - complete with private washroom (shower was small and curtain did not work so well), kitchenette, 3 twin beds and private balcony over-looking beautiful breakfast area and flower garden (the view was even more appreciated the next morning when the sun came out). At night, it is very quiet, so you can easily leave balcony door open to let in cool breeze and wake up to the sunshine.
That night, we walked into town (about 10-15min walk on narrow dirt road/no lights - don't worry it's not as scary as it sounds) and ate at a local restaurant. It was not very busy (most people go to Fira), but the food was good, the owner was friendly and the prices reasonable. Note: When you order beer, they always serve it with a snack.
Our mornings were VERY relaxing: breakfast at Villa Manos (eggs and amazing basket of bread) with coffee/tea and juice beside beautiful flowers, followed by swimming and lounging by the pool. Definitely a great way to start off your day!
You can walk to Fira, but recommend taking bus/taxi so that you can save your energy to walk around when you get there (bus stop at top of street for 1.40E or 5E cab ride - worth it for 3 people or more).
Fira is a beautiful town that can only be explored by walking it's narrow streets - please do not opt for riding the mules, filled with restaurants (amazing seafood), shops (open till around 3am), clubs/bars (easily open till 5am), and breathtaking views. Make sure your camera is ready to take those postcard pictures, wear comfortable shoes and bring a light shawl (in case you end up staying later than expected).
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Villa Manos. Poppy, her husband and daughter are all very helpful. The location seems remote (giving it a very local feel - away from the crowded touristy areas), but it is extremely close to Fira (5-10min cab ride). I still reminisce about my time there and would love to go back!

Room Tip: booking.com; e-mail Poppy directly as well
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank bvadvisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
Atalos Apartments & Suites
#5 of 15 in Karteradhos
Villa Renos
Villa Renos
#4 of 80 in Fira

Been to Villa Manos? Share your experiences!